Whinging Rail commuters

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Cockney
Team Supported: Darlington

Whinging Rail commuters

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:25 pm

As I drove home tonight, all that people on the radio seemed to be talking about was how appalling the increase in rail fares to travel to work was.

Poor devils, having to pay an extra 8% a year. :roll:

Sorry, but rail fares are still subsidised to about £4 billion a year by taxpayers, like myself.

Is there any chance that I can have my petrol bill of £70/week to travel to work (which has risen by considerably more than 8%), similarly subsidised.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Jazz Maverick

Re: Whinging Rail commuters

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 pm

I actually hate you darlo cockney. I'd laugh my cock off if you got raped by an actual train.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 am

It's all about the cuts. Shaves 8% off the government subsidy therefore reducing the government PDBR ergo debt reduction.

Oh and pays for my 5% pay rise :thumbup:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

number_one

Post by number_one » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:As I drove home tonight, all that people on the radio seemed to be talking about was how appalling the increase in rail fares to travel to work was.

Poor devils, having to pay an extra 8% a year. :roll:

Sorry, but rail fares are still subsidised to about £4 billion a year by taxpayers, like myself.

Is there any chance that I can have my petrol bill of £70/week to travel to work (which has risen by considerably more than 8%), similarly subsidised.

DC
Can tell your into politics as you are always so far out with the facts, and certainly in the case of subsidies you again very much are.

The reason people were complaining yesterday was the way fares are calculated has changed slightly of late which means the latest rate of inflation figures automatically trigger an increase on top of that the toc's implement.

You try a cheap shot at petrol prices, you can control those more (get a more economical car, go electric, change your driving style, fuck off back to the 70's and call for a general strike) whereas a commuter cannot.