Tick tock tick tock....

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Tick tock tick tock....

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Everybody join me in the countdown to the end of The Green Polo Shirt and his mate Pob.

46 minutes...tick tock tick tock

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

reddy

Re: Tick tock tick tock....

Post by reddy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:57 pm

the alarms set for 4.50 uk time

paulthequaker

Post by paulthequaker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:Everybody join me in the countdown to the end of The Green Polo Shirt and his mate Pob.

So you want us to lose then? That's obviously the 'support' part of being a supporter, is it?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:03 pm

paulthequaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Everybody join me in the countdown to the end of The Green Polo Shirt and his mate Pob.

So you want us to lose then? That's obviously the 'support' part of being a supporter, is it?
Where did I suggest that I wanted us to lose?

I want us to win, I always want us to win. Today is no different. If we win, there will be nobody happier than me.

However, we are not going to win. We are going to lose. Because we are shite. So lets countdown the end of Todd.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:05 pm

:wave: he never said that. he just said that todd is going to buy a new polo-shirt

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:21 pm

26 minutes!

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...

reddy

Post by reddy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:23 pm

lol calm down man,you will get your wish,err maybe

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Blimey, you'd better get on your knees and pray that Grimsby conjure up a winner Quackers.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Some fucker has stopped the clock.

ham

Post by ham » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Get in what do you think of that qaukerz you dick

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:00 pm

I think we are bottom of the league with no wins and 2 points from 9 games, and that the manager is clueless, and that with crowds tumbling week by week because of that, that we are in deeeeep s***. Therefore the manager needs removing, yesterday.

What do YOU think?

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:I think we are bottom of the league with no wins and 2 points from 9 games, and that the manager is clueless, and that with crowds tumbling week by week because of that, that we are in deeeeep s***. Therefore the manager needs removing, yesterday.

What do YOU think?

I think I really fear for the future of this club with the comments of some of our SUPPORTERS this afternoon.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:03 pm

You are right to fear for the future of this club. The town has the club it deserves.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:08 pm

I think I really fear for the future of this club with the comments of some of our SUPPORTERS this afternoon.
I'm not sure if you're just after an argument or are just missing the point consistently so you can keep harping on at anyone and everyone who isn't fanatically devoted to a manager who has gotten us 2 points since the season started...

A draw IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Either we won today, meaning we got our first three points and some impetus, or we lost and Todd got sacked, meaning a fresh approach and said impetus.

All this draw has done is prolonged Todd's bumbling reign enough for him to lose the next four games before drawing another game and earning another stay of execution until were so far out of touch that we're down before the end of March and he's finally sacked. Too little, too late, hello to the likes of Forest Green and Grays Athletic.

Can you possibly understand that? Does that register? I'm not asking you to agree, but stop harping on in every bloody thread you can find.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Thank you!

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Darlo_H wrote:
I'm not sure if you're just after an argument or are just missing the point consistently so you can keep harping on at anyone and everyone who isn't fanatically devoted to a manager who has gotten us 2 points since the season started...

A draw IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Either we won today, meaning we got our first three points and some impetus, or we lost and Todd got sacked, meaning a fresh approach and said impetus.

All this draw has done is prolonged Todd's bumbling reign enough for him to lose the next four games before drawing another game and earning another stay of execution until were so far out of touch that we're down before the end of March and he's finally sacked. Too little, too late, hello to the likes of Forest Green and Grays Athletic.

Can you possibly understand that? Does that register? I'm not asking you to agree, but stop harping on in every bloody thread you can find.

Harping on? You mean in the same way the 'Todd outers' have been since our fourth game?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Second game.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Quakerz wrote:Second game.
Not even you are that stupid.

ham

Post by ham » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 pm

I think we are on the up, saw signs last match and we'll get 4 points in the next 2 games. Thats what i think part-timer

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:20 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Second game.
Not even you are that stupid.
What I saw in the second game (Bury) whilst not being enough to call for anybodies head, was enough to set the alarm bells ringing loud and clear and sadly my worst fears have played out.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Harping on? You mean in the same way the 'Todd outers' have been since our fourth game?
You mean those who seem to be being proven right with each game? Not all those who want Todd out have been going around in circles and most seemed to back whatever was said up with genuine reasons (though I'll admit that has always been the case...)

But you seem to be relying on some of the most blind and flawed logic I've seen and accusing anyone who disagrees as not a 'proper supporter' which, especially with the likes of Beatroute et al, is a fucking laughable argument.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Darlo_H wrote:
You mean those who seem to be being proven right with each game? Not all those who want Todd out have been going around in circles and most seemed to back whatever was said up with genuine reasons (though I'll admit that has always been the case...)

But you seem to be relying on some of the most blind and flawed logic I've seen and accusing anyone who disagrees as not a 'proper supporter' which, especially with the likes of Beatroute et al, is a fucking laughable argument.
Well, if wanting the manager is sacked is your way of supporting the club, then you get on with it.

Raj was right.....

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Is wanting the manager to fail like you did with Penney the way to support the club? Is having a little dig at him at every opportunity the way to support the club?

Why have you suddenly developed "supporting the club"itis as the only retort you can use when showed up?

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Quakerz wrote:Is wanting the manager to fail like you did with Penney the way to support the club? Is having a little dig at him at every opportunity the way to support the club?

Why have you suddenly developed "supporting the club"itis as the only retort you can use when showed up?
I didn't want him to fail. It was just quite clear that he would. And I was right.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Well, if wanting the manager is sacked is your way of supporting the club, then you get on with it.

Raj was right.....
You mean wanting rid of a man who looks like leading my club to relegation? A man who seems to be making my club a fucking laughing stock? A man who has yet to have my team win a game? A man who pays useless centre backs and a past it forward to play for my team? A man who seems blind to the ways of the game to the detriment of my team?

If wanting rid of such a man makes me less of a supporter, then fine, fuck it, chalk me up. And if to be a supporter means I have to be as blind to the obvious truth as you are, then chalk me up for that as well.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Is wanting the manager to fail like you did with Penney the way to support the club? Is having a little dig at him at every opportunity the way to support the club?

I didn't want him to fail. It was just quite clear that he would. And I was right.
And we were right about Todd. Have a good day.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Darlo_H wrote:

Raj was right.....
You mean wanting rid of a man who looks like leading my club to relegation? A man who seems to be making my club a fucking laughing stock? A man who has yet to have my team win a game? A man who pays useless centre backs and a past it forward to play for my team? A man who seems blind to the ways of the game to the detriment of my team?

If wanting rid of such a man makes me less of a supporter, then fine, fuck it, chalk me up. And if to be a supporter means I have to be as blind to the obvious truth as you are, then chalk me up for that as well.
It was GH that made us a laughing stock, not Colin Todd.

jackhacket01

Post by jackhacket01 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:39 pm

tick tock tick tock quakerz will always b a cock

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:40 pm

When you grow up, then you can have an opinion.

Deal with it, he's gone, and...GOOD!

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:43 pm

It was GH that made us a laughing stock, not Colin Todd.
Our performances this season have made us a laughing stock, last season GH made us a laughing stock. And the other points still stand.

Either way, he's gone, get over it, move on and find another soapbox to spout nonsense from.
Last edited by Darlo_H on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.