Things we can all do tonight ....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Things we can all do tonight ....

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:40 am

....to make new/floating fans get a better experience

I realise some will say, and potentially correctly, I’ve paid my money for this match why should I put myself out the way for part time fans but as a one off please consider some of the bellow to try and help ensure these part timers and floating fans have a good time so they consider coming back.

As already mentioned please turn up early, we can’t impress potential fans of the future unless we get them into the ground, I believe turning up 40 min before the game will make all the difference (people who have work commitments etc who can’t possibly make it to the game earlier are excused).

Create an atmosphere, when I was a kid the atmosphere was one of the major things that brought me back to games, let’s try and dismiss peoples opinion that the arena can’t get rocking.

Be positive, the atmosphere about the place from arriving at the ground to leaving after needs to be positive not just to the players but in the concourse as well. If a player has a long range shot applaud his attempt rather than being annoyed that he could have passed it wide etc. If there is a queue for a drink rather than thinking bloody wasting my time queuing (let’s be honest what else do you have planned during half time?) think positively, wow I can get a beer at the football.

If you do decide you want a pint or food please consider putting yourself second, if you really need a beer or food go a couple of min before half time, if you can’t tear yourself from the match consider waiting a couple of min after the half time whistle for others to make it to the concourse. So what if you need to queue longer or if they run out (quiet possible)? We all know you will still be coming back for more but the floaters might not.

I realise that you may have had the same routine for years and don’t want to change or that this could make your match day experience poorer but it’s a one off and given the sacrifice we have all made over the years for the club this would be minimal to allow the floaters and new attendees the best possible experience. And wouldn’t the match day experience be better for all if we had more fans regularly attending?
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Things we can all do tonight ....

Post by quakersam » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 am

Great post fella. If we can recreate last Saturdays atmosphere and hopefully have more people joining in it should be great
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Top post.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 pm

:clap:
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Saturday was strange in that at somepoints this season I can't remember much of an atmosphere inside the ground let alone people singing on the way out of the ground onto Nesham Road! Full credit to the supporters, the team for playing so well and the management for getting it spot on over the last few games!

The import thing as posted really is to continue where we left off on Saturday and keep this in mind every game after! Will the team do bad performances again? Yes, no-one is perfect and injuries, suspensions occur etc! Will the manager get it wrong ever again? Probably, again no-one is perfect! Will the supports get disappointed? Yep, thats just football.

However, this is not a doom and gloom post its a lets always get behind the team like we have done over the past 4 games, it makes a massive difference. I was just as excited by the atmosphere as well as the football!

COME ON DARLO!

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:30 pm

One thing this club or the fans can never say, is that we didnt try. So many people, so many initiatives and so much effort has been put in by many within the club over the years, and especially from outside the club and we we deserve anything we get from here on in. however, lets be realistic, we are where we are because we have fallen behind, on and off the pitch and it aint all going to be rosey. Its the conference and we all need to ride it out together.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Hand out brollies if this sodding weather doesn't improve :(
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:24 pm

quality post. :clap:

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Just replying to post number 100,000

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

mikkyx wrote:Hand out brollies if this sodding weather doesn't improve :(
Congratulations - surprised Pete didn't spot this.

Some people might say it was a fix.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

mikkyx
Site Admin

Re: Just replying to post number 100,000

Post by mikkyx » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
mikkyx wrote:Hand out brollies if this sodding weather doesn't improve :(
Congratulations - surprised Pete didn't spot this.

Some people might say it was a fix.
Blimey, I didn't even notice! Get in :D
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm

That's some going for a conference club.

Good work mate - great board.

Will be listening in from afar tonight - Come on Darlo!
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:13 pm

While I applaud the gesture of a game for a fiver to try and bring more fans to the game, should this have been done at the start of the season where it might have kick started higher gates right from the off?

Hope you get a good crowd tonight!
Unbelievable Jeff!!