Clark Keltie (the argumentative posts!)

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Clark Keltie

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:His stupidity was the most offensive thing on here.

Seeing Bedaledarlo talk about football (or anything else for that matter) was like watching Fat Tim discussing Shakespeare or a UKIP supporter talking about politics.
Here fishy, fishy, fishy! :lol:

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 am

Seeing Bedaledarlo talk about football (or anything else for that matter) was like watching Fat Tim discussing Shakespeare or a UKIP supporter talking about politics.
Stupidity isn't offensive, that's why we put up with you, for amusement. Although having known him for 15-16 years, I can assure you that BedaleDarlo is anything but stupid. Just has some interesting football opinions. And I won't even mention his political beliefs! :D

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am

Jamm wrote:

Stupidity isn't offensive, that's why we put up with you, for amusement. Although having known him for 15-16 years, I can assure you that BedaleDarlo is anything but stupid. Just has some interesting football opinions. And I won't even mention his political beliefs! :D
Top quality, inventive and intelligent stuff from UKIPs captain of industry, Jamm :lol:

'My friends not stupid, YOU'RE stupid!'

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 am

Interesting football opinions? I prefer the word "wrong".

However, he is entitled to be as wrong as he likes, though I should add that stating "I'm entitled to an opinion" does not mean it has to be respected.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Bedale has been banned? For this thread?

Honestly?

Some of his opinions on football are a little leftfield but a banning (temporary or otherwise) is plain stupid.
failure to retract homophobic comments upset the poofs on this board. Apparently you cant say bummer or mention it in the same sentence as clark keltie, but you can say mong without recrimination.

that said, you probably cant say poof either. oh well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Does the fact he's your real life mate mean you're entirely blind to what an insufferable c*** he is on here?
Not at all Jazz, but i dont think he is. Sometimes he digs himself a hole bigger than Hartlepool and i often disagree with him, but will never question his passion and commitment to Darlo - and i respect him for not being afraid to take on people like you and Q (who a lot seem to be petrified of arguing with).

Above all, he is a mate and you do your best to look out for your mates, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Mullet69uk on Twitter

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Bedale has been banned? For this thread?

Honestly?

Some of his opinions on football are a little leftfield but a banning (temporary or otherwise) is plain stupid.
failure to retract homophobic comments upset the poofs on this board. Apparently you cant say bummer or mention it in the same sentence as clark keltie, but you can say mong without recrimination.

that said, you probably cant say poof either. oh well.

Does the fact he's your real life mate mean you're entirely blind to what an insufferable c*** he is on here?
Not at all Jazz, but i dont think he is. Sometimes he digs himself a hole bigger than Hartlepool and i often disagree with him, but will never question his passion and commitment to Darlo - and i respect him for not being afraid to take on people like you and Q (who a lot seem to be petrified of arguing with).

Above all, he is a mate and you do your best to look out for your mates, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Hear, Hear! :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Whoa, don't be bringing me into this, I've only commented that he's always wrong, which he is.

And, it is not unknown for him to come out with other wrong clap trap, attribute something I never said to me, to reinforce his wrongness, then go and seek me out!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

im talking about the fact that you and Jazz are two that the majority seem to not want to argue with, for fear of some sort of public torture and ridicule. Bedale's too thick skinned to worry about what half of you lot think which is why hes not afraid to stick up for his beliefs.

anyway, without turning this into any more of a Bedale love-in, my point last night was that he shouldnt have been banned when similarly "offensive" words were being used, and it seems that a few more feel the same.

Mullet69uk on Twitter

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Quakerz wrote:However, he is entitled to be as wrong as he likes, though I should add that stating "I'm entitled to an opinion" does not mean it has to be respected.
Haha, that's exactly what I was arguing on NLZ, right before I got banned.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Mullet69 wrote:im talking about the fact that you and Jazz are two that the majority seem to not want to argue with, for fear of some sort of public torture and ridicule. Bedale's too thick skinned to worry about what half of you lot think which is why hes not afraid to stick up for his beliefs.
Now you're just making s*** up.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Typically Bedales friends are here to moan about his injustice (plus Fatty and Spyman, who always have something to say when this happens).
When I'm home I'll have to split this chatter out of the thread, because it's seriously detailing it.
What happened is very simple; I responded to a reported post with a simple request to change the terminology used. Sadly he repeatedly refused (and went further) so he was given a 1 day ban.
The way some of you are reacting you'd think he'd been sent to the labour camps our something.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Mullet69 wrote:im talking about the fact that you and Jazz are two that the majority seem to not want to argue with, for fear of some sort of public torture and ridicule. Bedale's too thick skinned to worry about what half of you lot think which is why hes not afraid to stick up for his beliefs.

anyway, without turning this into any more of a Bedale love-in, my point last night was that he shouldnt have been banned when similarly "offensive" words were being used, and it seems that a few more feel the same.

Come on I'm not THAT bad, if I'm wrong about something I'll hold my hands up. Besides, LOADS of people have had a go at me over the years including one classic post by you, so I definitely don't get the feeling that anyone is frightened to take me on!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Come on I'm not THAT bad, if I'm wrong about something I'll hold my hands up. Besides, LOADS of people have had a go at me over the years including one classic post by you, so I definitely don't get the feeling that anyone is frightened to take me on!
How the fuck would he know if people were scared of you anyways? At best, he can just assume, but then that doesn't make it true.

He's just using it to paint his buddy bedale as some sort of hero.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:27 pm

It's a fascist stitch up against the men of the left!

First DC, then Bedale.

I'm going to join the Tories just to save my skin!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:30 pm

When did DC ever get banned?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Christophano wrote:Typically Bedales friends are here to moan about his injustice (plus Fatty and Spyman, who always have something to say when this happens).
When I'm home I'll have to split this chatter out of the thread, because it's seriously detailing it.
What happened is very simple; I responded to a reported post with a simple request to change the terminology used. Sadly he repeatedly refused (and went further) so he was given a 1 day ban.
The way some of you are reacting you'd think he'd been sent to the labour camps our something.
Am I not allowed to have something to say then?

This forum used to self moderate. Scott occaisionally had to step in when things got silly, but generally everyone took it for what it was, there was plenty of disagreements, plenty of swearing, plenty of offensive language, but generally nobody cared.

In my opinion there are now too many folk trying to justifying their purpose on here. It says a lot that I actually found myself defending that cretin Darlo Cockney's right to an opinion the other week. You see what you've driven me to?!

It really bums me out.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:When did DC ever get banned?
A few weeks back for shouting his mouth off about something. Never warranted a ban, but I think a middle-aged woman took mild offence or something.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Q, i remember having a go on a few occasions perhaps but cant recall the exact one youre talking about. Classic as in right or wrong?

DOTU ive spoken to plenty of people over the years (sound like DC now) who, in their own words, would "rather not say owt than risk a thread of abuse" like this one has become*. i couldnt tell you who they all are as im not Darlo Pete and dont immediately identify by a username and besides thats not important.

im not saying anyones scared of them, im saying theyre scared, or very wary of being shouted down. Not everyone has it in them to be a keyboard warrior.

to the mods, i didnt realise it was only a 1 day ban, but then again ive never let facts get in the way of a good keyboard fisticuffs

* i acknowledge my part in this too.

Mullet69uk on Twitter

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Mullet69 wrote:Q, i remember having a go on a few occasions perhaps but cant recall the exact one youre talking about. Classic as in right or wrong?
Definitely not right because you called me the biggest wanker that the board has ever seen, and a thousand other things - the rant was classic though.

Some of your rants on various subjects over the years have been eye boggling. Doesn't happen that often but when you blow you blow big time.
DOTU ive spoken to plenty of people over the years (sound like DC now) who, in their own words, would "rather not say owt than risk a thread of abuse" like this one has become*. i couldnt tell you who they all are as im not Darlo Pete and dont immediately identify by a username and besides thats not important.
I find that people only get a thread full of abuse if they cannot justify whatever they are saying and are arsey about it?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 pm

It wasn't the fact bedale is wrong about things that got people's goats. There are plenty of people on here who chat s*** all day long (myself included) until they are corrected. It's an exchange of information, like a forum should be.

The issue that crops up every time my old mate bedale appears in a thread is that he absolutely, categorically will not accept anyone elses opinion has any credence unless it completely mirrors his. Any thread he visits is immediately filled with his essay long, ubsubstantiated posts, and his complete refusal to debate with anyone. Add this to the outright lies he makes up when he's cornered to try and give his opinions credibility, and the fact he cries bullying the second more than one person goes against him and you can see why people have little time for him.

If, as you suggest mullet, he's a clever enough bloke in real life yet articulates himself this badly in written form, then you, as a friend, should consider having the fucker tested for some kind of personality disorder.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote: If, as you suggest mullet, he's a clever enough bloke in real life yet articulates himself this badly in written form, then you, as a friend, should consider having the fucker tested for some kind of personality disorder.
:lol:

I've met bedale, and he's as normal and sensible as anyone in person.

DC

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:It wasn't the fact bedale is wrong about things that got people's goats. There are plenty of people on here who chat s*** all day long (myself included) until they are corrected. It's an exchange of information, like a forum should be.

The issue that crops up every time my old mate bedale appears in a thread is that he absolutely, categorically will not accept anyone elses opinion has any credence unless it completely mirrors his. Any thread he visits is immediately filled with his essay long, ubsubstantiated posts, and his complete refusal to debate with anyone. Add this to the outright lies he makes up when he's cornered to try and give his opinions credibility, and the fact he cries bullying the second more than one person goes against him and you can see why people have little time for him.

If, as you suggest mullet, he's a clever enough bloke in real life yet articulates himself this badly in written form, then you, as a friend, should consider having the fucker tested for some kind of personality disorder.
Jazz there's so much wrong with this I can't be arsed, amused by the king of the ruined thread telling me I don't debate (especially when u ignore this topic too!!!) among other things, your odious abuse says more about you than you ever really see i think and believe me i can take it no problem, BUT

You need to chill out the 'outright lies' talk. That is, well, erm lies.

You and Q have pulled this shite before and I draw a line there.

Thanks for the support lads.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Fans invading pitch, racism rearing it's head again, juvenile homophobic insults - did I go to sleep last night and wake up back in 1982?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

botrash wrote:OK, back on topic guys...

If you want to continue the squabbling, keep it to Fight Club:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21957
You took out my reporting you and Christophano for being green post? :(

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Botrash I'd just like to get the slander removed please. Great user name for this thread by the way!

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:

You took out my reporting you and Christophano for being green post? :(
That was the worst abuse of the whole thread :lol:

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:57 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:

Botrash I'd just like to get the slander removed please. Great user name for this thread by the way!
What is it specifically you think needs removing?

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 pm

botrash wrote:
bedaledarlo wrote:

Jazz accusing me of telling 'Outright lies'. To be fair though he should be given the opportunity to retract it first. The worst thing is he gets away with it and all i want is a public retraction. Unless he wants to look at getting sued. What do you think?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh my goodness :lol:

You're not going to sue me and you are a little liar.

Fancy using the mention of legal trouble as a way of getting something you don't like removed. It's new levels of embarrassing, even for you.
Last edited by Jazz Maverick on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:16 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:
botrash wrote:
bedaledarlo wrote:

Jazz accusing me of telling 'Outright lies'. To be fair though he should be given the opportunity to retract it first. The worst thing is he gets away with it and all i want is a public retraction. Unless he wants to look at getting sued. What do you think?
You've got to be kidding me...