Discussion moved from sticky post

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

monkey
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: www.savedarlo.org and www.1883cic.org

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 pm

botrash wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Enigma wrote:Who are these people and have they really got a clue? Seriously this isnt simply a typo or carelessness its lack of knowledge and were expected to put our faith and money in them

Or are we paying an agency to do this stuff if so time to find a new one surely

Maybe thats how we ended up at Shildon someone thought theyd heard it was a city ground when the comment was its a shitty ground
Seriously, how is this bloke still here? Idiot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Have you really just banned somebody for having a different opinion to you?

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Hilly wrote:
monkey wrote:
botrash wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Enigma wrote:Who are these people and have they really got a clue? Seriously this isnt simply a typo or carelessness its lack of knowledge and were expected to put our faith and money in them

Or are we paying an agency to do this stuff if so time to find a new one surely

Maybe thats how we ended up at Shildon someone thought theyd heard it was a city ground when the comment was its a shitty ground
Seriously, how is this bloke still here? Idiot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Have you really just banned somebody for having a different opinion to you?
No. He was banned for a mischievous little oik.
No, he was banned for daring to have an opinion. Do the mods only allow posts that they agree with? Next stop Poland eh?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:32 pm

monkey wrote:No, he was banned for daring to have an opinion. Do the mods only allow posts that they agree with? Next stop Poland eh?
Let's cut to the chase, you're Enigma and you've come back to have another bite of the cherry.

botrash

Post by botrash » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:36 pm

monkey wrote:Have you really just banned somebody for having a different opinion to you?

No, I just ban people who spout repetitive crap and add no value to the board. Not really sure what I have possibly said there that suggests it's anything to do with his opinions, but don't let that stop you making up any old interpretation to suit your pointless argument...

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Hilly wrote:
monkey wrote:No, he was banned for daring to have an opinion. Do the mods only allow posts that they agree with? Next stop Poland eh?
Let's cut to the chase, you're Enigma and you've come back to have another bite of the cherry.
I can promise you I'm not. I just think that a message board should be a mixture of people with differing views. Do you?
There's many reasons to ban people but not agreeing with their posts is not one of them.

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:50 pm

botrash wrote:
monkey wrote:Have you really just banned somebody for having a different opinion to you?

No, I just ban people who spout repetitive crap and add no value to the board. Not really sure what I have possibly said there that suggests it's anything to do with his opinions, but don't let that stop you making up any old interpretation to suit your pointless argument...
Add no value to the board?! So you get to decide who adds value and who doesn't eh? Take your nazi jackboots off and think about this for a second. If you ban people who you think don't 'add value' who are you left with? Just a select group who all agree with each other. That'll be interesting! Why don't you ban me as well if you think my argument is pointless?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:50 pm

monkey wrote:
Hilly wrote:
I can promise you I'm not. I just think that a message board should be a mixture of people with differing views. Do you?
There's many reasons to ban people but not agreeing with their posts is not one of them.
Of course I do - but it becomes quite clear that the poster has ulterior motives (as you can tell in every post that he / she made) that's when enough is enough.

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Hilly wrote:
monkey wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Of course I do - but it becomes quite clear that the poster has ulterior motives (as you can tell in every post that he / she made) that's when enough is enough.
If that's the case then take on their arguments and beat them! I go on the RTG Sunderland message board and they would never ban somebody for this on there even though loads of Newcastle fans go on there. Too much censorship ruins a board.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 pm

So do too many fuckwits
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:36 pm

monkey wrote:
Hilly wrote:
monkey wrote:
Hilly wrote:
If that's the case then take on their arguments and beat them! I go on the RTG Sunderland message board and they would never ban somebody for this on there even though loads of Newcastle fans go on there. Too much censorship ruins a board.
Its not about censorship, folk need to realise that this message board is owned and paid for by individuals, not some big rich corporation. When solicitors letters start dropping on the doormat then action needs to be taken.
Also folk are not banned because of disagreeing with an individuals posts, each case is looked at and the effect it has on the message board, eg delib inciting arguments. If you dont like the way the message board is operated then please close the door on your way out

botrash

Post by botrash » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 pm

monkey wrote:
botrash wrote:

Add no value to the board?! So you get to decide who adds value and who doesn't eh? Take your nazi jackboots off and think about this for a second. If you ban people who you think don't 'add value' who are you left with? Just a select group who all agree with each other. That'll be interesting! Why don't you ban me as well if you think my argument is pointless?
So you think "add value" means "agree with me"? Again, you're just making up "facts" to argue a point that doesn't exist.

I was going to write a long message justifying myself to you then I realised - I don't really care in the slightest what you think :wave:

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:10 pm

There's many reasons to ban people but not agreeing with their posts is not one of them.[/quote]
Of course I do - but it becomes quite clear that the poster has ulterior motives (as you can tell in every post that he / she made) that's when enough is enough.[/quote]

If that's the case then take on their arguments and beat them! I go on the RTG Sunderland message board and they would never ban somebody for this on there even though loads of Newcastle fans go on there. Too much censorship ruins a board.[/quote]

Its not about censorship, folk need to realise that this message board is owned and paid for by individuals, not some big rich corporation. When solicitors letters start dropping on the doormat then action needs to be taken.
Also folk are not banned because of disagreeing with an individuals posts, each case is looked at and the effect it has on the message board, eg delib inciting arguments. If you dont like the way the message board is operated then please close the door on your way out[/quote]

What are you talking about? Where did I say that its ok for people to make accusations or defamatory statements that lead to solicitors letters? Of course people should be banned for that. What I'm saying is that it's not right to ban somebody for posting their opinion even if it does incite an argument. For gods sake there's enough people on here who are quite happy to have an argument anyway! That's the beauty of a message board. By the way, jus who do you think you are telling me to leave the board? If you don't like what I'm saying why don't you leave?

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:15 pm

botrash wrote:
monkey wrote:
botrash wrote:

So you think "add value" means "agree with me"? Again, you're just making up "facts" to argue a point that doesn't exist.

I was going to write a long message justifying myself to you then I realised - I don't really care in the slightest what you think :wave:
Still replied though so you must care a little bit!

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Depends on the type of argument and how heated that becomes, we have many arguments on here that folk dont get banned for your missing the point entirely and I didnt tell you to leave I suggested if you didnt like the way the message board was run that you shut the door on your way out, and please dont take that tone or attitude with me

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Why you didn't bother posting anything about this until almost a month after Enigma was actually banned is beyond me (and in a sticky, at the top of the board, about saving the club, which I'm now going to have to tidy up when I haul myself back out of bed in the morning), but the simple fact is he was banned because he was continually posting statements designed to incite arguments, rather than statements of opinion or attempts to provoke discussion.

Had he simply been here providing an opinion he could quite happily have remained. He didn't. So he couldn't.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Was just looking at how to tidy it up Mikkyx

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

charlie wrote:Was just looking at how to tidy it up Mikkyx
Suggest you create a new topic, merge the posts out of here into it. Can't remember offhand how to do it myself. Don't mind doing it myself tomorrow (er, today - I've just seen the time!) if you'd rather.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:29 pm

I`ll have a look, not going to bed yet, get yerself off x

charlie

Discussion moved from sticky post

Post by charlie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Right, try and keep discussions of this nature off sticky posts please

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:35 pm

charlie wrote:not going to bed yet, get yerself off x
That's what his wife just said as well.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

number_one

Post by number_one » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:13 am

botrash wrote: No, I just ban people who spout repetitive crap and add no value to the board.
How come Pete is still able to post then?

monkey

Post by monkey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 am

charlie wrote:Depends on the type of argument and how heated that becomes, we have many arguments on here that folk dont get banned for your missing the point entirely and I didnt tell you to leave I suggested if you didnt like the way the message board was run that you shut the door on your way out, and please dont take that tone or attitude with me
If you look back you'll see you started with the tone!

monkey

Post by monkey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 am

number_one wrote:
botrash wrote: No, I just ban people who spout repetitive crap and add no value to the board.
This is the whole crux of my argument. Who's to say that Pete (sorry, just using him as an example) provides more to this board than enigma or anybody else that's been banned?

wellindarlo

Re: Discussion moved from sticky post

Post by wellindarlo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:28 am

That would be the moderators

number_one

Post by number_one » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:29 am

monkey wrote:
number_one wrote:
This is the whole crux of my argument. Who's to say that Pete (sorry, just using him as an example) provides more to this board than enigma or anybody else that's been banned?
Using Pete as an example in this argument has worked for you, so fair point well made.

grytters

Post by grytters » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:08 am

botrash wrote:
No, I just ban people who spout repetitive crap and add no value to the board.

No you don't. If that were the case there'd be nobody left.
Bring Back the Quarters

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 am

monkey wrote:
number_one wrote:
Here's how it is, it's a privately owned board, the moderators give up their time for free, they don't have to put themselves in the firing line, but they do. Now as moderators, they have to make the rules and uphold them. There is no higher body to give them a guideline, it is up to them, they are the law.

You clearly don't like the way they do things, well if that's the case become a moderator and advise within.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

monkey

Post by monkey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:46 am

Quakerz wrote:
monkey wrote:
number_one wrote:
Here's how it is, it's a privately owned board, the moderators give up their time for free, they don't have to put themselves in the firing line, but they do. Now as moderators, they have to make the rules and uphold them. There is no higher body to give them a guideline, it is up to them, they are the law.

You clearly don't like the way they do things, well if that's the case become a moderator and advise within.
Look, I understand that the mods have taken the time to look after the board and I appreciate that. However, I don't see the problem with people pointing out when they dont think they are acting fairly. Why do I need to be a moderator to do that?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 am

Enigma was blatantly a WUM so I don't really see what the problem is.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 am

Exactly. Every single person on this board could see it, and it's fair to say he irritated and offended many.