Discussion moved from sticky post

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

botrash

Re: Discussion moved from sticky post

Post by botrash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Quakerz wrote:Exactly. Every single person on this board could see it, and it's fair to say he irritated and offended many.
This. Enigma had more than enough warning and every time he posted we were getting reports from people and a bunch of responses telling us to ban him. Despite all this we still gave him too many "second chances" - if anything we didn't ban him soon enough.
monkey wrote:Look, I understand that the mods have taken the time to look after the board and I appreciate that. However, I don't see the problem with people pointing out when they dont think they are acting fairly. Why do I need to be a moderator to do that?
I'm still waiting for you to point out what is unfair about it though, as instead of listening to what you have been told, you're still assuming that he (you?) was banned for what his opinion was, which is not the case...

Fatty eats roadkill
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:02 pm

I think we need DC to make a proclamation on this subject.

Personally I wouldn't ban anyone. I'd just feed them to the solicitors or the board if they were being naughty and also put a proviso on joining this board that offenders will pay for all legal costs their actions may cause.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

monkey

Post by monkey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:54 pm

botrash wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Exactly. Every single person on this board could see it, and it's fair to say he irritated and offended many.
This. Enigma had more than enough warning and every time he posted we were getting reports from people and a bunch of responses telling us to ban him. Despite all this we still gave him too many "second chances" - if anything we didn't ban him soon enough.
monkey wrote:Look, I understand that the mods have taken the time to look after the board and I appreciate that. However, I don't see the problem with people pointing out when they dont think they are acting fairly. Why do I need to be a moderator to do that?
I'm still waiting for you to point out what is unfair about it though, as instead of listening to what you have been told, you're still assuming that he (you?) was banned for what his opinion was, which is not the case...
To be honest, I'd just decided to let it go. As a few people have suggested it's a private board and the mods can do what they want. If they want to ban someone it's up to them really. Personally, I'd let them have their say and then argue against their point of view but if you want to do it differently it's up to you.

By the way, as I've said before I'm not Enigma. I've got no interest in him at all, it was more a general point about free speech really. As far as I could see he'd been banned for complaining about the new board. Maybe he'd done it too much in the mods eyes but it just didn't seem right to me. Having said that I didn't pay too much attention to him before so maybe he was being offensive in other posts. What did he say that was offending people?

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

monkey wrote:
botrash wrote:
To be honest, I'd just decided to let it go. As a few people have suggested it's a private board and the mods can do what they want. If they want to ban someone it's up to them really. Personally, I'd let them have their say and then argue against their point of view but if you want to do it differently it's up to you.

By the way, as I've said before I'm not Enigma. I've got no interest in him at all, it was more a general point about free speech really. As far as I could see he'd been banned for complaining about the new board. Maybe he'd done it too much in the mods eyes but it just didn't seem right to me. Having said that I didn't pay too much attention to him before so maybe he was being offensive in other posts. What did he say that was offending people?
As I've explained 3 times for you now, it's not what he said, it's the way he was blatantly trolling the board... which I'm starting to suspect you are also doing as nobody is surely that ignorant to keep banging on about an argument that doesn't even exist?? :crazy:

monkey

Post by monkey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm still waiting for you to point out what is unfair about it though, as instead of listening to what you have been told, you're still assuming that he (you?) was banned for what his opinion was, which is not the case...[/quote]

By the way, as I've said before I'm not Enigma. I've got no interest in him at all, it was more a general point about free speech really. As far as I could see he'd been banned for complaining about the new board. Maybe he'd done it too much in the mods eyes but it just didn't seem right to me. Having said that I didn't pay too much attention to him before so maybe he was being offensive in other posts. What did he say that was offending people?[/quote]

As I've explained 3 times for you now, it's not what he said, it's the way he was blatantly trolling the board... which I'm starting to suspect you are also doing as nobody is surely that ignorant to keep banging on about an argument that doesn't even exist?? :crazy:[/quote]

Jesus mate ,what's your problem with me? I'm just asking you what he said that was offending people. What's with the aggression? If you think he's a troll then fine, ban him if you want. All I'm pointing out is that he may not have been. I'm not really sure why you think I'm a troll. I think you're just being a bit paranoid.

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

monkey wrote:Jesus mate ,what's your problem with me?
- You came on here after not posting (on this particular username) for a couple of months, and in a day almost double your post count arguing about someone that was banned weeks ago.
- You openly admit that you haven't really read all of the content that Enigma had been posted that led to our decision and don't even care about him, yet made a decision to go on the offensive against a decision we have made.
- You were not party to the discussions between the mods of how to treat someone posting such monotonous crap, and how many "second chances" he had, but still feel you know better then us on whether he's any kind of asset to the board.
- You ignore my reasoned response about why he was banned to bang on about the same point again and again that is in no way relevant to his banning.
... yet I have a problem with you?
monkey wrote:What's with the aggression?
Aggression? :lol:
Now I know you're on some kind of wind up!
monkey wrote:If you think he's a troll then fine, ban him if you want. All I'm pointing out is that he may not have been
I don't just think he's a troll - he is one.
monkey wrote:I'm not really sure why you think I'm a troll. I think you're just being a bit paranoid.
I give up my own time to try to help keep the board interesting and relevant for the majority of users. Scott and Mikky own the site and as much as you want to bang on about freedom of speech, it's a private site and the priority is to provide an arena where fans can come and discuss Darlo related issues without wading through abuse, accusations and personal agendas.

I've explained that he was banned for the nature of his posting and it's prompted you to act like him and keep spouting off about things you know nothing about, trying to get a rise out of people and not getting involved in the board discussion at all other than for one repetitive personal agenda item. It does look to me like you're trying to get banned so you can show everyone what that nasty Nazi moderator regime is doing to the innocent trolls of the world!

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid :roll:

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm also moving this to the Fight Club part of the forum, as it's not Darlo related and exactly the kind of thread that the moderator team are trying to keep the board free of - non-Darlo related petty arguing (yes, including myself before you point it out...) :lol:

monkey

Post by monkey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 pm

botrash wrote:
- You came on here after not posting (on this particular username) for a couple of months, and in a day almost double your post count arguing about someone that was banned weeks ago.
- You openly admit that you haven't really read all of the content that Enigma had been posted that led to our decision and don't even care about him, yet made a decision to go on the offensive against a decision we have made.
- You were not party to the discussions between the mods of how to treat someone posting such monotonous crap, and how many "second chances" he had, but still feel you know better then us on whether he's any kind of asset to the board.
- You ignore my reasoned response about why he was banned to bang on about the same point again and again that is in no way relevant to his banning.
monkey wrote:If you think he's a troll then fine, ban him if you want. All I'm pointing out is that he may not have been
monkey wrote:I'm not really sure why you think I'm a troll. I think you're just being a bit paranoid.
I give up my own time to try to help keep the board interesting and relevant for the majority of users. Scott and Mikky own the site and as much as you want to bang on about freedom of speech, it's a private site and the priority is to provide an arena where fans can come and discuss Darlo related issues without wading through abuse, accusations and personal agendas.

I've explained that he was banned for the nature of his posting and it's prompted you to act like him and keep spouting off about things you know nothing about, trying to get a rise out of people and not getting involved in the board discussion at all other than for one repetitive personal agenda item. It does look to me like you're trying to get banned so you can show everyone what that nasty Nazi moderator regime is doing to the innocent trolls of the world!

Look, I'm really think you are being paranoid in this case because I've got no interest in trying to get a rise out of anybody. The only thing I've posted which could remotely be regarded as abusive is when I asked you about your nazi jackboots but you've called me ignorant so we're at least even on that! If I was trying to get myself banned, why would I have decided to leave the thread alone until tonight when you asked me for a response? Go back through my posts and then read them as though I am genuinely asking questions of you. You might realise that I don't actually have an agenda at all. I have to say though, the fact you think I'm a troll for speaking my mind is a bit worrying.

Regarding my posting history, I just don't post very often. It's not a crime. I just saw something that I thought I'd make a point about.

By the way I can understand you wanting to keep the main board clear of for darlo related stuff but I don't even feel like I'm 'fighting' or arguing with you (well maybe until the last couple of posts). I'm happy to agree to disagree with you!

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:38 pm

monkey wrote:
botrash wrote:

Look, I'm really think you are being paranoid in this case because I've got no interest in trying to get a rise out of anybody. The only thing I've posted which could remotely be regarded as abusive is when I asked you about your nazi jackboots but you've called me ignorant so we're at least even on that! If I was trying to get myself banned, why would I have decided to leave the thread alone until tonight when you asked me for a response? Go back through my posts and then read them as though I am genuinely asking questions of you. You might realise that I don't actually have an agenda at all. I have to say though, the fact you think I'm a troll for speaking my mind is a bit worrying.

Regarding my posting history, I just don't post very often. It's not a crime. I just saw something that I thought I'd make a point about.

By the way I can understand you wanting to keep the main board clear of for darlo related stuff but I don't even feel like I'm 'fighting' or arguing with you (well maybe until the last couple of posts). I'm happy to agree to disagree with you!
I give up, you clearly don't understand a point I've made several times, or just don't want to...

monkey

Post by monkey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 pm

botrash wrote:
monkey wrote:
botrash wrote:

I give up, you clearly don't understand a point I've made several times, or just don't want to...
I understand your point that you say you banned him because you thought he was a wind up merchant. I just disagreed with handling it that way. That's all. Can we just end this now because you're probably as sick as me with it.

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:09 pm

monkey wrote:I understand your point that you say you banned him because you thought he was a wind up merchant. I just disagreed with handling it that way. That's all. Can we just end this now because you're probably as sick as me with it.
Yeah, I'm sick of talking about it, but you have to understand that when someone comes in all guns blazing challenging decisions that we have made, we will get defensive about it. I'm sure you wouldn't like someone who confesses to not have even followed the whole story questioning things you have done, citing reasons that are not even relevant.

You acknowledge he's a wind up merchant but don't think he should be banned? I, and the other mods don't have time to be resolving conflicts and tidying up threads that have gone off topic (sound familiar?) due to people like Enigma running riot. The ban was absolutely the right decision, and I still stand by that and am confident I'm working in the best interests of the forum.

Anyway, you have your way, I'm done discussing it. While you're logged on here, you may want to get involved in some of the interesting discussion that is going on in the many Darlo-related threads...