Acting like fannies about Bob

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Al Sharp
Team Supported: Darlington

Acting like fannies about Bob

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:26 am

I can't believe he's actually been banned for pointing out the embarrassing truth.

Yes, he's a windup merchant, but what do you expect, from a fan of our biggest rivals? As much as the result hurts, I have to admit I'd be pissing myself if Pools were in the same situation. Stop being such thumb-sucking, thin-skinned pussies about it. Thank God none of you are Man U fans working alongside Man City fans, at some point over the past two weeks you'd probably have thrown yourself out the office window in tears.

Silly. It already resembles a playground on here with all the name-calling and cat-fighting between various posters, without taking the ball home in a sulk.
Last edited by Al Sharp on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Acting like fannies about Bob

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am

Al Sharp wrote:I can't believe he's actually been banned for pointing out the embarrassing truth.

Yes, he's a windup merchant, but what do you expect, from a fan of our biggest rivals? Stop being such thumb-sucking, thin-skinned pussies about it. Thank God none of you are Man U fans working alongside Man City fans, at some point over the past two weeks you'd probably have thrown yourself out the office window in tears.

Silly. It already resembles a playground on here with all the name-calling and cat-fighting between various posters, without taking the ball home in a sulk.
well said that man :clap:

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:41 am

It's football ffs. Should fans be chucked out of grounds and banned for winding up the other team's fans, because it might hurt their feelings?

When Leeds got relegated to League One a few years back, I was straight on the phone to a Leeds supporting mate to take the piss out of him, he managed to take it on the chin without flying into a rage and blocking my phone number, gave as good as he got. No doubt he's going to be mercilessly ripping the piss out of me today and I'm just going to have to deal with it. Likewise, I'm expecting a lot of close-to-the-bone piss-taking from a Man U fan I know who I've been giving dog's abuse to recently about Man City.

It's part of football, the dummy-spitting on here is an embarrassment.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:30 am

"Officer! Arrest those away fans, the songs they're singing are adding nothing constructive to the atmosphere and are just being used to wind us up!"

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:57 am

Give over you hysterical c***.

No one wanted bob banned because he was a poolie, they wanted him gone because he was a s*** craic, boring, creepy, unfunny retard. If you love his mint banter so much I'm sure you can find him on one the poolie sites. He'll be the one even they ignore.

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:03 am

Fuck off, Al.

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:45 am

Agree 100% with the OP.

By banning him, he will feel like he's won. He was only stating the truth and his previous posts i would class as banter - dont tell me no Darlo fans have done same on Poolie boards over the years and if the roles were reversed a good number on here would be on their boards constantly. If we cant take it then thats a bit sad in my opinion.

The Spruce Moose

Post by The Spruce Moose » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 am

Basically people here are coming off as whining pricks who can't handle the truth that Darlo are a shite team. It's what football is about, taking and giving from rival fans, you can't tell me that you wouldn't be willing to give it out if Hartlepool were in the same position. Basically man up, take a spoonful of concrete and harden the fuck up.
they wanted him gone because he was a s*** craic, boring, creepy, unfunny retard
Yet somehow, somebody as eloquent as you are is welcome, strange place this board.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:22 am

I just ignored bob's posts. It's a bit like ignoring an attention seeking child - ignore it for long enough and they change their behaviour.

Anyone biting back is effectively dancing to their tune. Not arsed if bob is banned or comes back under another name. I still read this board for the occasional decent post / debate - everything else I just ignore.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 am

The Spruce Moose wrote:Basically people here are coming off as whining pricks who can't handle the truth that Darlo are a shite team. It's what football is about, taking and giving from rival fans, you can't tell me that you wouldn't be willing to give it out if Hartlepool were in the same position. Basically man up, take a spoonful of concrete and harden the fuck up.
they wanted him gone because he was a s*** craic, boring, creepy, unfunny retard
Yet somehow, somebody as eloquent as you are is welcome, strange place this board.
Oh no, Jonny-2-posts doesnt like my contributions.

The Bunker bans piss taking Darlo fans at the drop of a hat. Like has been said, if Bob was in any way interesting or funny in his piss takes (which I agree, is a welcome part of being a football supporter) then no one would have an issue with him.

As it is, he's a boring, gloating prick who wont be missed by anyone aside from the easily led cretins on here who see his thinly veiled piss takes as a 'constructive posts'.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 am

KCChiefs wrote:Agree 100% with the OP.

By banning him, he will feel like he's won. He was only stating the truth and his previous posts i would class as banter - dont tell me no Darlo fans have done same on Poolie boards over the years and if the roles were reversed a good number on here would be on their boards constantly. If we cant take it then thats a bit sad in my opinion.
FOB will feel like he has won for being banned?

Great - let's make him a winner for life.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:41 am

Bob's not been feeling to well recently .He worked all hours promoting the Pools season ticket offer, and then the team lose there last 4 Home games .

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:06 am

Sussex07 wrote:Bob's not been feeling to well recently .He worked all hours promoting the Pools season ticket offer, and then the team lose there last 4 Home games .
Brilliant, Sussex :clap:

I see that nice, friendly FOB has responded in his banterish way:

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker ... 45#p483245

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

Fuck me, the two boring c**** bob and alleztfc even hang off each others words on there too :lol:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:Fuck me, the two boring c**** bob and alleztfc even hang off each others words on there too :lol:
Not specifically relating to the quoted post, but since you seem incapable of making a post that doesn't slag someone off or otherwise name call is there any reason I should keep you around, Jazz? You're far more foul mouthed, insulting, and generally awful to Darlo fans than most of the Poolies already on that list.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:22 am

Up to you mate, its your messageboard.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:Up to you mate, its your messageboard.
Fair enough. You can stay for now. A known Poolie behaving the way you do most of the time would be long gone by now, though.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:39 am

this thread is typical of this board, we have a team in crisis and people get uptight about a poolie fan, if you dont wanna get upset, dont read his fucking posts, scott doesnt make anyone open them does he - people on here should really grow up, we have more to worry about believe me

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:44 am

hodgie1 wrote:this thread is typical of this board, we have a team in crisis and people get uptight about a poolie fan, if you dont wanna get upset, dont read his fucking posts, scott doesnt make anyone open them does he - people on here should really grow up, we have more to worry about believe me
True.
Greece is looking a bit dodgy isn't it...

SteveSC

Post by SteveSC » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:49 am

No issue with him being banned, although I think that was more a reflection of the abusive threads generated rather than his posts - a trend that is not confined to responding to Poolies and seems to be the default approach of some posters.

Personally I've always found Bob OK - of course he has a go at us - if the positions were reversed we would all be doing the same - and probably some worse. If anything was offensive it was the response of some on this board - surely the best come back was either to respond in kind or ignore him - simply being abusive and using what in other contexts would be considered 'foul and abusive language' soon ceases to be clever or amusing, if it ever is.

What really hurt about many of Bob's comments is that they were true.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:50 am

BishopQuaker wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:this thread is typical of this board, we have a team in crisis and people get uptight about a poolie fan, if you dont wanna get upset, dont read his fucking posts, scott doesnt make anyone open them does he - people on here should really grow up, we have more to worry about believe me
True.
:clap:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 am

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
BishopQuaker wrote:
True.
:clap:
Glad someone appreciated that! :lol:

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:54 am

SteveSC wrote:
What really hurt about many of Bob's comments is that they were true.
Said as if no-one already realises it.

If your wife was seriously injured in a car crash partly because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt, would you appreciate someone constantly telling you that she'd be OK if she'd worn a seatbelt?

:roll:

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 am

On the positive side, 'Jizz Mousedick' and DJ Sockpuppet finally agree on something.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 am

Bring back Scott all is forgiven ehh. ;)

As I have said before when there are three of you left I hope you have somthing to talk (post) about.

darlo01

Post by darlo01 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am

Agree with Al, Mikkyx and The Spruce Moose on this one. What puts a lot of people off coming onto this site is not the banter but the needless,pointless foul and abusive posts by people like Jazz Maverick who seems to get off on insults somewhat like a 10 year old whose just learnt to swear.

Time you grew up Jazz, people are bored with you so chill out and contribute in a more constructive way.

As for Bob, he's bound to wind us up after the low we have sunk to, but generally he posts some reasonable comments and banning him seems a bit churlish. Get him back on and, as was mentioned, if you don't like him, don't read him. One day we might be able to get our own back, but that seems a long way off.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:07 pm

darlo01 wrote:Agree with Al, Mikkyx and The Spruce Moose on this one. What puts a lot of people off coming onto this site is not the banter but the needless,pointless foul and abusive posts by people like Jazz Maverick who seems to get off on insults somewhat like a 10 year old whose just learnt to swear.
When did you do the poll that told you a lot of people are put off coming on to the messageboard because of Jazz’s posts? Were the poll results independently verified? Can I see these results?
darlo01 wrote:Time you grew up Jazz, people are bored with you so chill out and contribute in a more constructive way.
Do you see the irony in you telling Jazz to grow-up when his point of complaint is that immature Poolies are trying to goad Darlo fans? Why are you not telling the Poolies to grow up?
darlo01 wrote:As for Bob, he's bound to wind us up after the low we have sunk to, but generally he posts some reasonable comments and banning him seems a bit churlish. Get him back on and, as was mentioned, if you don't like him, don't read him. One day we might be able to get our own back, but that seems a long way off.
He tells us nothing we’re not already aware of. His MO is to take the piss. If you don’t accept that, you’re extremely naïve. If Darlo fans want to converse with him, what’s stopping them having deep intellectual chats with him on Hartlepool messageboards or via e-mail?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:27 pm

I was going to reply, but Jacobs seems to have it all covered there.

Plus, I'd probably just insult everyone like a 10yr old who's just learnt how to swear.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 pm

darlo01 wrote:Agree with Al, Mikkyx and The Spruce Moose on this one. What puts a lot of people off coming onto this site is not the banter but the needless,pointless foul and abusive posts by people like Jazz Maverick who seems to get off on insults somewhat like a 10 year old whose just learnt to swear.
When did you do the poll that told you a lot of people are put off coming on to the messageboard because of Jazz’s posts? Were the poll results independently verified? Can I see these results?
darlo01 wrote:Time you grew up Jazz, people are bored with you so chill out and contribute in a more constructive way.
Do you see the irony in you telling Jazz to grow-up when his point of complaint is that immature Poolies are trying to goad Darlo fans? Why are you not telling the Poolies to grow up?
darlo01 wrote:As for Bob, he's bound to wind us up after the low we have sunk to, but generally he posts some reasonable comments and banning him seems a bit churlish. Get him back on and, as was mentioned, if you don't like him, don't read him. One day we might be able to get our own back, but that seems a long way off.
He tells us nothing we’re not already aware of. His MO is to take the piss. If you don’t accept that, you’re extremely naïve. If Darlo fans want to converse with him, what’s stopping them having deep intellectual chats with him on Hartlepool messageboards or via e-mail?
You're really living up to the title of the thread.

He's...he's...he's...[sniff]...GOADING US! :cry:

I haven't got any scientific polls to hand, but the reaction on this thread and others shows that at least a fair few people, including a number of regular posters, are getting sick of all the infantile bickering on this message board.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Can't have been on here. They don't work.