Acting like fannies about Bob

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DarloOnTheUp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Acting like fannies about Bob

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Al Sharp wrote:
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
darlo01 wrote:Agree with Al, Mikkyx and The Spruce Moose on this one. What puts a lot of people off coming onto this site is not the banter but the needless,pointless foul and abusive posts by people like Jazz Maverick who seems to get off on insults somewhat like a 10 year old whose just learnt to swear.
When did you do the poll that told you a lot of people are put off coming on to the messageboard because of Jazz’s posts? Were the poll results independently verified? Can I see these results?
darlo01 wrote:Time you grew up Jazz, people are bored with you so chill out and contribute in a more constructive way.
Do you see the irony in you telling Jazz to grow-up when his point of complaint is that immature Poolies are trying to goad Darlo fans? Why are you not telling the Poolies to grow up?
darlo01 wrote:As for Bob, he's bound to wind us up after the low we have sunk to, but generally he posts some reasonable comments and banning him seems a bit churlish. Get him back on and, as was mentioned, if you don't like him, don't read him. One day we might be able to get our own back, but that seems a long way off.
He tells us nothing we’re not already aware of. His MO is to take the piss. If you don’t accept that, you’re extremely naïve. If Darlo fans want to converse with him, what’s stopping them having deep intellectual chats with him on Hartlepool messageboards or via e-mail?
You're really living up to the title of the thread.

He's...he's...he's...[sniff]...GOADING US! :cry:

I haven't got any scientific polls to hand, but the reaction on this thread and others shows that at least a fair few people, including a number of regular posters, are getting sick of all the infantile bickering on this message board.
So hang on a second...

You want the infantile bickering to stop, yet you want Bob unbanned who was numero uno in infantile comments.

And you're complaining about people being "fannies" and whinging about Bob's comments yet you're being a fanny and whinging about Jazz's comments.

Hypocrisy overload.

darlo01

Post by darlo01 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:51 pm

At least we got one reply from Jazz that didn't include any foul and abusive language...........it's progress!

AKITJ telling me that 'his MO is to take the piss', now that's what I call irony..........

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Al Sharp wrote:You're really living up to the title of the thread.
That's OK. Using your logic, you're a fanny, too.
Al Sharp wrote:He's...he's...he's...[sniff]...GOADING US! :cry:
All that shows is that your pretence of being someone who is bothered about the state of this board is nonsense, as in reality you're just a hypocrite.
Al Sharp wrote:I haven't got any scientific polls to hand, but the reaction on this thread and others shows that at least a fair few people, including a number of regular posters, are getting sick of all the infantile bickering on this message board.
I wasn't asking for scientific polls from you. I was asking darlo01 for them. Did you forget to log back in under the correct small-contributing username?

I suspect Jazz has had enough of the infantile bickering on the board which stems from FOB's posts, too.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:59 pm

darlo01 wrote:Agree with Al, Mikkyx and The Spruce Moose on this one. What puts a lot of people off coming onto this site is not the banter but the needless,pointless foul and abusive posts by people like Jazz Maverick who seems to get off on insults somewhat like a 10 year old whose just learnt to swear.

Time you grew up Jazz, people are bored with you so chill out and contribute in a more constructive way.

As for Bob, he's bound to wind us up after the low we have sunk to, but generally he posts some reasonable comments and banning him seems a bit churlish. Get him back on and, as was mentioned, if you don't like him, don't read him. One day we might be able to get our own back, but that seems a long way off.
Well why don't you listen to your buddy Al_Sharp and stop being a "thumb-sucking, thin-skinned pussy about it". His words not mine.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:09 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:

Time you grew up Jazz, people are bored with you so chill out and contribute in a more constructive way.

As for Bob, he's bound to wind us up after the low we have sunk to, but generally he posts some reasonable comments and banning him seems a bit churlish. Get him back on and, as was mentioned, if you don't like him, don't read him. One day we might be able to get our own back, but that seems a long way off.
Well why don't you listen to your buddy Al_Sharp and stop being a "thumb-sucking, thin-skinned pussy about it". His words not mine.
There's a difference to getting a bit sick of abusive flame wars and in-fighting, and acting like a oversensitive fanny when your rivals take the piss.

As has been said already by KCChiefs and SteveSC, I haven't really found anything Fetish Bob said massively inflammatory or offensive, just banter, and in fact I'm pretty surprised that we don't get more of it, given how far we've sunk.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:12 pm

And like youve been told, the fact bob is a poolie taking the piss isn't the issue.

He's an irritation, a man beyond dull who is yet to say anything witty or funny, and who states the obvious at every given opportunity. That's why he's not liked.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:12 pm

darlo01 wrote:AKITJ telling me that 'his MO is to take the piss', now that's what I call irony..........
Or, in other words, you're not capable of countering the points I made.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Al Sharp wrote:There's a difference to getting a bit sick of abusive flame wars and in-fighting, and acting like a oversensitive fanny when your rivals take the piss.

As has been said already by KCChiefs and SteveSC, I haven't really found anything Fetish Bob said massively inflammatory or offensive, just banter, and in fact I'm pretty surprised that we don't get more of it, given how far we've sunk.
If you don't understand why people would take issue at constantly being told the obvious by an unoriginal, unfunny irritant, and why it's a bad thing to encourage or allow then you're truly stupid.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:And like youve been told, the fact bob is a poolie taking the piss isn't the issue.

He's an irritation, a man beyond dull who is yet to say anything witty or funny, and who states the obvious at every given opportunity. That's why he's not liked.
Have to admit, when I clicked on the link to the bunker and saw his 'Hinckley go back to work' post, I had a chuckle (in between muttering 'you c*nt!'), because it crossed my mind that's exactly what I'd be sending up Poolies with if the tables were turned!

I get the impression he's not liked because people are, like I said, thin-skinned fannies, who can't take a bit of banter. If your experience of being a Darlo fan is anything like mine, you'll have experienced dozens of premiersh1t fan mates taking the piss with 'one man and his dog/who the f*ck are they/at least I don't support Darlo' sh1te like a broken record - in real life, do you respond by giving it back to them, or by flying off the handle calling them donkey-raping c*nts and repeatedly telling them to eff off?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Al Sharp wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:And like youve been told, the fact bob is a poolie taking the piss isn't the issue.

Have to admit, when I clicked on the link to the bunker and saw his 'Hinckley go back to work' post, I had a chuckle (in between muttering 'you c*nt!'), because it crossed my mind that's exactly what I'd be sending up Poolies with if the tables were turned!

I get the impression he's not liked because people are, like I said, thin-skinned fannies, who can't take a bit of banter. If your experience of being a Darlo fan is anything like mine, you'll have experienced dozens of premiersh1t fan mates taking the piss with 'one man and his dog/who the f*ck are they/at least I don't support Darlo' sh1te like a broken record - in real life, do you respond by giving it back to them, or by flying off the handle calling them donkey-raping c*nts and repeatedly telling them to eff off?
Take your own advice FFS: stop being a fanny and man up.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Al Sharp wrote:Have to admit, when I clicked on the link to the bunker and saw his 'Hinckley go back to work' post, I had a chuckle (in between muttering 'you c*nt!'), because it crossed my mind that's exactly what I'd be sending up Poolies with if the tables were turned!
That's an excellent development - since you know where you can find FOB's posts you can go there and chuckle at his posts and even discuss Darlo via PMs or e-mail with him.

You'll be happy - we'll be happy.

I'm not sure how you can say that you'd be doing exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot when you rarely post on here. You're starting to strongly smell like a Poolie and it's stinking the place out.
Last edited by A kick in the Jacobs on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Did you forget to log back in under the correct small-contributing username?
You'd know all about that sort of thing, DJ.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Al Sharp wrote:
A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Did you forget to log back in under the correct small-contributing username?
I take that as a 'Yes, you did forget to log-in correctly'.

If you want to believe I'm 'DJ' feel free. It's been done to death and doesn't change the meaning of my posts.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:36 pm

I've met DJ, if AKITJ has gone to all the trouble of creating a fake twitter account with a fake picture, then that's pretty sad.

I don't buy it to be honest. AKITJ may had some similarities with DJ but that's where it ends.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:43 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
Al Sharp wrote:
I take that as a 'Yes, you did forget to log-in correctly'.

If you want to believe I'm 'DJ' feel free. It's been done to death and doesn't change the meaning of my posts.
No other users have posted using Al Sharp's IPs. So there's no sock puppeting going on here.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Hilly wrote:I don't buy it to be honest. AKITJ may had some similarities with DJ but that's where it ends.
Well he did go through a phase of pretending to be someone completely different (username Marcus I think) for months on end a few years back before being rumbled with laughable ease, so it wouldn't surprise me really.

And it's not exactly the most convincing twitter account.
Last edited by Al Sharp on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:45 pm

We can all take a bit of banter and I have been getting stick all day off mates who support other teams and its fine, It is part and parcel of being a football fan.

However, Hartlepool are our rivals and due to personal experience of them during our regular derby games, I cant stand them or anything any of their fans say. That is why I dont like Bob posting on here, Regardless of if he has a point in his posts or not.

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:49 pm

carlodarlo wrote:However, Hartlepool are our rivals and due to personal experience of them during our regular derby games, I cant stand them or anything any of their fans say. That is why I dont like Bob posting on here, Regardless of if he has a point in his posts or not.
Good thing you're not a Man U fan living in Manchester, or a Celtic fan living in Glasgow right now, in that case!

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Well anyway, there you go...some agree, others don't (including arguably the 3 most consistently arsey and argumentative posters on the board, surprise surprise) all that needs to be said has been said (apart from DJ Sockpuppet getting the obligatory last word, of course), so let's put this to bed shall we.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Al Sharp wrote:
Ok, I think this explains it all.

You are here apologising for Bob because you'd actually like to be a Darlo version of him. You've just admitted that you'd like to go on Hartlepool boards leaving similarly witless, predictable 'banter'. Except unfortunately you can't because we're s*** and they're doing alright.

I've never understood why people want to spend their time doing this, especially Darlo fans wanting to do it. But each to their own.

Al Sharp wrote: I get the impression he's not liked because people are, like I said, thin-skinned fannies, who can't take a bit of banter. If your experience of being a Darlo fan is anything like mine, you'll have experienced dozens of premiersh1t fan mates taking the piss with 'one man and his dog/who the f*ck are they/at least I don't support Darlo' sh1te like a broken record - in real life, do you respond by giving it back to them, or by flying off the handle calling them donkey-raping c*nts and repeatedly telling them to eff off?
I think he's not liked because he disrupts discussions about our club and clogs up the board with bland, predictable, tedious drivel that alternates between hate-fuelled and creepily obsessed.

If you honestly think he offers a 'bit of banter' then that's a personal failing of yours that you really should look to address.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Give it a second, Al will be back with some shite about us being lucky we don't live in Manchester etc etc...

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Give it a second, Al will be back with some shite about us being lucky we don't live in Manchester etc etc...
:lol: