Durham

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
grytters
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Sheffield

Durham

Post by grytters » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Relegated to Division 2

Start next season on -48 points (-4 and -2 in T20 and one-day)

No more test matches for the foreseeable future

Salary cap until 2020.

All prize monies to be withheld.

Hurrah for the ECB!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37541136
A hyena dancing on the grave of a lion.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12103
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:08 pm

grytters wrote:Relegated to Division 2

Start next season on -48 points (-4 and -2 in T20 and one-day)

No more test matches for the foreseeable future

Salary cap until 2020.

All prize monies to be withheld.

Hurrah for the ECB!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37541136
r
They can't go on like they are losing loads of money, they should have never have built such a big ground that will never be utilised. Echos of us and the Arena.

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:25 pm

It is an absolute disgrace what the ECB have done.

Pete, don't comment on subject matter you are not knowledgeable on.

The only cock-up Durham made (and to be fair was rather a large one) was building the ground in 1995 in the tiny town that is Chester-Le-Street.

As soon as that happened, it was 99% certain to fail as a Test Arena barring games vs Australia.
Always the victim, its never your fault

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12103
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:02 am

BUSHEAD wrote:It is an absolute disgrace what the ECB have done.

Pete, don't comment on subject matter you are not knowledgeable on.

The only cock-up Durham made (and to be fair was rather a large one) was building the ground in 1995 in the tiny town that is Chester-Le-Street.

As soon as that happened, it was 99% certain to fail as a Test Arena barring games vs Australia.
That's sort of what I said isn't it? :roll:

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:23 am

Who told them to build the ground ?
Always the victim, its never your fault

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12103
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:27 pm

I don't think they were forced to build the Riverside Stadium. They were probably told that if they wanted to host test matches then they'd have to build a ground of a certain size. But the ultimate decision will have been made by the officials at Durham.

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I don't think they were forced to build the Riverside Stadium. They were probably told that if they wanted to host test matches then they'd have to build a ground of a certain size. But the ultimate decision will have been made by the officials at Durham.
100% wrong.

They had to build it, and make it large enough to host test matches.

Who by ? E.C.B
Always the victim, its never your fault

liamsears
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Bathgate, West Lothian

Re: Durham

Post by liamsears » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:48 pm

http://www.alloutcricket.com/blogs/durham-nightwatchman

The TCCB responded by forming a working party of its own to liaise with Durham. Moffat says that at times it felt like they existed to impede the bid rather than aid it: “The working party used to put hurdles up for us to jump.” Most draconian was the stipulation that Durham had to build a ground capable of hosting Test cricket, even though only 11 of the existing 17 counties had such a facility.

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:12 pm

liamsears wrote: even though only 11 of the existing 17 counties had such a facility.
Less than 11 for sure.
Even today you only have
Yorkshire
Notts
Lancs
Warwickshire
Hampshire
Glamorgan
Middlesex and Surrey.
Always the victim, its never your fault

Feethams 1966
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:22 pm

I really enjoy reading the threads on this site, by and large they are almost always interesting and topical. However am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with some of the offensive language used? I want to feel that as fellow Darlington supporters, that we treat each other with more respect when we disagree or when views differ.

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:I really enjoy reading the threads on this site, by and large they are almost always interesting and topical. However am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with some of the offensive language used? I want to feel that as fellow Darlington supporters, that we treat each other with more respect when we disagree or when views differ.
Interesting that you would raise your issues on a thread which has no offensive language whatsoever .
Always the victim, its never your fault

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11736
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:05 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:
Pete, don't comment on subject matter you are not knowledgeable on.
To be fair, you've both clocked up an unreasonable amount of posts on this website based on that criteria.


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:10 am

Spyman wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:
Pete, don't comment on subject matter you are not knowledgeable on.
To be fair, you've both clocked up an unreasonable amount of posts on this website based on that criteria.


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dont tar me as the same brush as Pete !

I don't comment on things I have no knowledge on.
Always the victim, its never your fault

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12103
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Can't believe Durham CC has more or less given £3.8 million pounds, when teaching assistants are having their wages cut. They need to sort out their priorities.

H1987
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by H1987 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Yeah, they basically took it out of the teaching assistants pockets. Same pot of money. Obviously.

:roll:

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12103
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Durham

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:49 pm

It all comes out of the same pot.

Post Reply