Adam Johnson

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Adam Johnson

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:56 am

If he admits his guilt, accepts his punishment, and is genuinely repentant - he'll play again I reckon.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by shawry » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:13 am

He better not tbh. Well maybe once he's off the sex offenders list which should see him past retirement age anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:19 am

I find this really odd, recently Doug Richards was caught having had sex with a 13 year old after he gave her and a friend money for clothes etc. Bearing in mind hes 57. Nothing seems to have been said and he was cleared of all charges!

Adam johnson is coming in for some serious stick (quite rightly) but the two cases seem completely opposite in terms of offence committed and publicity gained. When Richards for me has done far more than Johnson.

Sending the texts he did and using his footballer status is out of order but the main fact is she is 15. Lets not pretend people in powerful positions never use it to their advantage. Its human nature. The furore over it and media headlines are blowing it out of proportion for me.

I hope he gets a second chance and uses this as a real wake up call.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:28 am

Will he be able to run after being bummed to death by Mr Big? I suppose his ball juggling skills will improve!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Obviously not the sharpest tool in a toolbox, having to look up the age of consent.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:15 am

TDS wrote:I find this really odd, recently Doug Richards was caught having had sex with a 13 year old after he gave her and a friend money for clothes etc. Bearing in mind hes 57. Nothing seems to have been said and he was cleared of all charges!

Adam johnson is coming in for some serious stick (quite rightly) but the two cases seem completely opposite in terms of offence committed and publicity gained. When Richards for me has done far more than Johnson.

Sending the texts he did and using his footballer status is out of order but the main fact is she is 15. Lets not pretend people in powerful positions never use it to their advantage. Its human nature. The furore over it and media headlines are blowing it out of proportion for me.

I hope he gets a second chance and uses this as a real wake up call.
Not to excuse this kind of stuff in the slightest but I think Richards was a lot more up front about the whole thing before the girl went to meet him, and the girl claimed she was over 16 and happily took money for 'services rendered'.

Johnson took a starry eyed fan chasing a signed shirt who he knew was underage and used that to his advantage. He also flat out denied it for some time until the trial date came and he ran out of time and excuses.

Both utter arseholes, but the circumstances are different. Considering the Ched Evans outrage I doubt you'll see him play in this country again, but given he's a fair bit more talented than Evans you never know.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:13 am

Not a chance. He's 28 now he's surely getting jail time for this? What is the usual in these circumstances? I'd guess at more than 2 years. He'll be on the register for how long after that as well?

Any club that works with local schools (that's most) won't touch him it would be a PR disaster.

He could probably get a gig in non league away from the spotlight but he has so much money already I can't see him being bothered to do that.

betty swallocks 2016

Post by betty swallocks 2016 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:40 am

Asshole on him like a bust couch when the nonce hating lifers have finished playing hide the sausage at shower time....

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Once he's out of prison, he'll find it hard to get a club to take him on, like has happened before with other players.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:14 pm

It seems to depend on the crime.

Assault & manslaughter cases don't seem to have that much of a problem eg. Troy Deeney, Marlon King, Joey Barton, Lee Hughes and that lad who was in goal for Plymouth.

Ched Evans really was the main one who has been basically banned from working because he still believes he is innocent of rape. Johnson will be interesting he has pleaded guilty which may work in his favour but the crime he committed could be difficult to come back from.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:It seems to depend on the crime.

Assault & manslaughter cases don't seem to have that much of a problem eg. Troy Deeney, Marlon King, Joey Barton, Lee Hughes and that lad who was in goal for Plymouth.

Ched Evans really was the main one who has been basically banned from working because he still believes he is innocent of rape. Johnson will be interesting he has pleaded guilty which may work in his favour but the crime he committed could be difficult to come back from.
Oh gawd, not this s*** again.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:51 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Oh gawd, not this s*** again.
My simple point...I am not sure evidence stacks up that it is hard to find a club after a stint in prison.

It may just be there are more that I don't know about...I do however think this one is going to be too hard for Johnson to come back from.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:01 pm

After accidentally seeing a picture of the then 15 year old on twitter I cant believe what he was thinking. She looks 15 i.e. young.
By the sounds of it he was avoiding being at home with his then pregnant girlfriend being at home, probably because he would actually have to help her and listen to her moan and groan (I have been there).
What gets me is, apart from the fact that what he has done to this 15 year old is awful, why does someone like him even want a kid and a family - he obviously isnt ready to settle down yet, he has been continuosly found to lie.
With all of his money he can do what he wants within the law, why not stay single?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:06 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:With all of his money he can do what he wants within the law, why not stay single?
Because fame and money went to his head, and he thought he could have his cake and eat it! He's arrogant and childish.

I couldn't care less if he plays again or not, however I think he might 'If he admits his guilt, accepts his punishment, and is genuinely repentant' ... to quote myself :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!