Fan Ownership in English Football

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo1991
Team Supported: Darlington

Fan Ownership in English Football

Post by Darlo1991 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:16 am

Hi

I’m a postgraduate student at Teesside University researching fan ownership of lower league football clubs.

I am looking to gain opinions from Darlington 1883 fans about fan ownership and if they feel it is a feasible option for clubs within the English game.

Any information you give me will be anonymised and used solely for journal articles. I will never ask for or record any information that might lead to forum members being identified (such as names, email addresses or IP addresses). You have to option to withdraw from the study from 6th June - 6th August 2014.

I have been given permission by Uncovered and mikkyx (moderators) to post on the forum.

I look forward to talking to you about your views and opinions.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Re: Fan Ownership in English Football

Post by love it! » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:14 pm

It is my belief that there is a financial ceiling a fan owed club can reach before external money would be required to move the club forward. Its very ethical thing to do as a club to be fan owed and I like being part of my club but expectations of progression back to the football league in many years to come I believe will never happen.

Darlo1991
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fan Ownership in English Football

Post by Darlo1991 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi Love it

Thanks for your response.

You say there is a financial ceiling. Do you feel there are any external factors which prevent clubs from forming fan owned clubs within the top divisions?

As a fan from a fan owned club what do you feel are the strengths of supporting a fan owned club?

Also why do you feel Darlington will not progress to the football league?