Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Well Wigan are being completely outplayed by St Helens in the first half 26-6 at HT.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Well that was embarrassing as Wigan get hammered 40-10 by St Helens. We should be knocked out of the competition, but rather ridiculously we are home next week against Salford. I'd imagine Salford will start out as favourites to now progress to the Grand Final.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Absolutely stuffed as said a few hours ago think it will be saints v Salford, even if WW make it they will get stuffed again (and happy wit that )

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Have to admit that I don't fancy our chances next week & if we do get through to the Grand Final, we'll get stuffed.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:52 am

robsraiders wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:51 pm
We were not at the races last night and got nothing, had best players out for most of season so to get to semi wasnt bad.
Think it will be a Saints Salford final with Saints winning it
What has happened with Greg Eden?1 of the coms said he had not played for months pre the other night and has taken a slating. Welcome home at KR any day

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:57 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:38 pm
Well that was embarrassing as Wigan get hammered 40-10 by St Helens. We should be knocked out of the competition, but rather ridiculously we are home next week against Salford. I'd imagine Salford will start out as favourites to now progress to the Grand Final.
And yet while we lost to the golden goal,(what is wrong with a draw), we outplayed Salford last game. Can we play in the GF please?

This play off thing is all about getting the RFL money. I would not mind if they would just admit it, but as it is, both sides fighting for the final place have already been knocked out. How on earth is this worth more than the league leaders who really MUST be champions.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Watched a very very good game at Newcastle today
Final score Newcastle 34 Doncaster 4.
Home side led 18-0 at half time.
4 different try scorers for the home side with Gill getting a hat trick.
I think that if they go up they can do a York and run close again next year without many changes.

Sad to see a player like Rangi Chase playing at that level. How many chances that guy has blown.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Who do they play in the final, hopefully they will get promoted to the Championship?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:41 pm
Who do they play in the final, hopefully they will get promoted to the Championship?
Sunday 6th away to Oldham.

Featherstone did well today won away to Toulouse 36-12 having been 18-6 up at half time
Feath now play away in Toronto next Saturday. That will be on TV.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:00 pm

Watched the Toulouse v Featherstone game on TV. Featherstone were the best of 2 poor sides, I can't see them troubling Toronto next weekend. Feel sorry for the Featherstone fans, travelling all the way to Toulouse & now they are facing a mega trip over to Canada. that was the first time I've seen the Toulouse ground, it wasn't very impressive.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:23 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:00 pm
Watched the Toulouse v Featherstone game on TV. Featherstone were the best of 2 poor sides, I can't see them troubling Toronto next weekend. Feel sorry for the Featherstone fans, travelling all the way to Toulouse & now they are facing a mega trip over to Canada. that was the first time I've seen the Toulouse ground, it wasn't very impressive.
Agree about the ground. Think you are looking as re' Wigan and Saints re' the standard. You have to remember those Feath lads are all part time who train twice a week and take time off work to play.
Feath have a good following but there will be very few who do both trips. Remember, they have already done both in the normal league games.

If Toronto do get promoted I may just start a club similar to the old 92 club in football via my rugby group to find out just how many do go to both France and Canada in a season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:08 pm

The BBC has double standards, it covers the Superleague, but on the website the Toulouse v Featherstone doesn't get a mention, truly shocking.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:08 pm
The BBC has double standards, it covers the Superleague, but on the website the Toulouse v Featherstone doesn't get a mention, truly shocking.
If you mean the BBC sports pages, they do on occasion but mainly when there are problems. If you mean Tv they do, but you have to know the time of the games and they are on red button most of the time. You get very little news other than at this time of year when the rumour mill is in overflow with players moving clubs

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 am

Yes I did say the website. They have a few stories that are not all that significant, but absolutely no mention of the £1m game this upcoming weekend.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 am

Well the final play=off game before the Grand Final is at Wigan tonight, as they face Salford. Of course I hope Wigan win, but it just seems wrong that both sides have previously lost in the play-offs I reckon that Salford will start as favourites.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:43 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 am
Well the final play=off game before the Grand Final is at Wigan tonight, as they face Salford. Of course I hope Wigan win, but it just seems wrong that both sides have previously lost in the play-offs I reckon that Salford will start as favourites.
The bookies don't agree with you about who are favourites.

Don't particularly like any of the 3 clubs left in it, but simply because they have so many ex KR players have to go for Salford. Lets have a Chrissy Welham hat trick.

Really looking forward to the Aussie GF in the morning. Hoping Hodgie can bring the trophy back to Hull when he comes home next week.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 am

Salford for me tonight but still think Saints will win GF

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 am

Lost your typing finger Pete?
Shocked at how Poor Wigan were last night. Well done Salford a deserved win.
How quick the Wigan fans were to walk away. Sad. Teams at the bottom end seem to have far more loyal supporters.

Now hoping Salford can finish the job and smash Saints next week. It is going to take a long time to forgive them for the way they showed such disrespect to the integrity of the league by not once but twice sending reserve sides to London. People may think it is done and dusted and did not matter, wrong, due to still being in fear of being relegated KR lost 3 players who were going to sign but moved elsewhere due to our not being sure we could sign them and we also lost our prefered assistant coach who stayed at Workington and signed a new contract rather than risk not having a job.
All this impacts on our entire next season as well. The RFL really should be cracking down.

Watching England in Union at the moment, West Ham then Feath on TV later then the Aussie GF first thing in the morning. Makes not feeling too well a good excuse for doing nothing !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:43 am

No Ed, sorry I have been working & staying in Bradford for a few days. I could actually have gone over to the DW stadium on Friday evening, but I knew the momentum was going Salford's way & the writing was already on the wall. So I taped the game to watch when I got back, along with the Championship playoff final. I'm proud that I actually managed to avoid the results, although I wish I hadn't.

Wigan were very poor & they never looked like they'd get a result, apart from Hardaker, the rest were really poor. Fans are always going to leave a game, if the result is beyond doubt, it happens in all sports. The fans left at the end only usually stay to boo the team off. But as Wigan have had a tremendous season, they didn't deserve that. The future does look good though, as man of steel for 2019 Jackson Hastings will be a Wigan player next year, to replace George Williams. If you add in Devon French, who will only get better, next season looks very exciting if you are a Wigan fan.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:43 am
No Ed, sorry I have been working & staying in Bradford for a few days. I could actually have gone over to the DW stadium on Friday evening, but I knew the momentum was going Salford's way & the writing was already on the wall. So I taped the game to watch when I got back, along with the Championship playoff final. I'm proud that I actually managed to avoid the results, although I wish I hadn't.

Wigan were very poor & they never looked like they'd get a result, apart from Hardaker, the rest were really poor. Fans are always going to leave a game, if the result is beyond doubt, it happens in all sports. The fans left at the end only usually stay to boo the team off. But as Wigan have had a tremendous season, they didn't deserve that. The future does look good though, as man of steel for 2019 Jackson Hastings will be a Wigan player next year, to replace George Williams. If you add in Devon French, who will only get better, next season looks very exciting if you are a Wigan fan.
Yea, yea, any excuse to stop us thinking you were sulking !!!!!!

Magic back at Sid James grotto. ...... Best decision they have made in ages.

Looking forward to the Grand final and hoping Salford can pull it off. It is going to take a long time for us KR fans to forget they risked not only our status last season but have hindered our recruitment for next as well by their blatant disregard for the integrity of the competition.

You seem to be spending a lot of time in Bradford. Not a place I particularly like. Had 3 cars vandalised when I have been going to watch Darlo v City. Rather spoils your view of a town.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Here is the link for the Magic Weekend returning to St James Park, fantastic news for me, Ed & Rob, haha

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/49976067

Yeh I must be doing something wrong, they keep sending me back to Bradford. I've been there for 5 long weekends so far this weekend. I find the place ok & most of the locals are very friendly.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Glad they have seen sense and going back to the toon.
Really hope Salford break the monotony of the "big clubs" and win GF

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Echo those sentiments Rob, hopefully the fixtures they will release are a better combination than were at Anfield this year.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 pm
Echo those sentiments Rob, hopefully the fixtures they will release are a better combination than were at Anfield this year.
I was sat on Bookings. com today after the news and sat watching the hotel prices doubling as I sat there.
Trying to find beds for friends. I told them to pre book but no they knew best !!!!!!

Last game Saturday Hull v Salford and last Sunday KR v Wakey is what I have been told by someone I have enough confidence in to go straight to my bookies account and have a tickle.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Will settle for playing Winos love to beat them esp as Gale bailed out to them

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:12 am

They'll be interesting fixtures if correct, as usually the last fixtures involve Warrington, St, Helens, Wigan & Leeds.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:12 am
They'll be interesting fixtures if correct, as usually the last fixtures involve Warrington, St, Helens, Wigan & Leeds.
Don't know where you get that idea from, they often kept the Hull derby till last because we always take the most fans between us so the ground stays full till the end.

Running order last at Sid James grotto
SATURDAY 19 MAY

Widnes Vikings v St Helens (3pm)

Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves (5:15pm)

Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos (7:30pm)

SUNDAY 20 MAY

Salford Red Devils v Catalans Dragons (1pm)

Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants (3:15pm)

Hull KR v Hull FC (5:30pm)

Having just checked out all years we are normally last on day 1 or 2 with a couple of seconds thrown in. The only changes to that were when we buggered off to Summer bash instead.
The only game we have NEVER had is game 1 on either day.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Great to see that Toronto won promotion to the Superleague, although Featherstone pushed them until the last 20 minutes, when Toronto's superior fitness started to take over. It'll be really interesting to see how Toronto do next season, I think they'll surprise a few.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Great to see that Toronto won promotion to the Superleague, although Featherstone pushed them until the last 20 minutes, when Toronto's superior fitness started to take over. It'll be really interesting to see how Toronto do next season, I think they'll surprise a few.
Now me, I don't think anyone in the game will be suprised by them. The no cap and any number of top players gives them a big advantage.

Ps, Rovers have released a load more today including Keinhorst who Leeds fans played hell about when we nicked him last year. We have no released over 20 players from last years squad with 8 in over Minikin from Cas being the latest import. All my Cas friends are upset at that 1. Wonder what Rob thinks.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Having such a huge turnover of players is never very good for team spirit. You need to get a settled squad or you are going to struggle next season.