Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:15 pm

Blimey, when Tony Smith joined us the trolls said he was past it.
Talk about turning things round?
Lachlan Coote has signed a 2 year deal from next season having rejected a Saints offer. Saints are having to reduce wage bill.
This follows up on being told we have got Blake Austin in the bag as well, but that has not been confirmed by the club as yet.
Only sad news is that Quinny is off to Wakey if they stay up.
Finally we are reaping the rewards of not having to contend with those bloody middle 8's.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:36 pm

Half time and Wigwam on for another hiding.
What did we start?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:00 pm

Poor display, but the second half we showed a lot of fight, at times a bit too much fight! The first sin bin was ridiculous, the second one was fair enough. At least we drew the second half & at times we were down to 11 players. So a few positives & hopefully we can get back to winning ways against Huddersfield.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:10 am

Got my tickets last night for Sunday. Hopefully this is the last 1 where I can't use my own seats. Nothing wrong with the ones I have been in,(same again Sunday), but not nice being so close to friends and relatives and not being able to sit together and enjoy the banter. Most of the people who sit round me have had their seats since the stand was built 12 years ago.

Pete, Wigwam showed a poor mentality. They are not used to loosing and are not handling the presure well. Loosing to Cats was not a shock this year but to us hurt hard and they have not got over it. Personally I am loving them squirming.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:42 pm

Glad it is now public knowledge. Now I can really enjoy it.
Roll on Mr Austin !!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57756596

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 am

A quality signing, perhaps Hull KR can look towards the top of the table. I'd imagine that Hull fans won't be too pleased with this news?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 am
A quality signing, perhaps Hull KR can look towards the top of the table. I'd imagine that Hull fans won't be too pleased with this news?
You imagine correctly. Crying in the dole cues.

Ps, last time I looked we are sat 5th so getting there.
You know, just above Wigwam who are 6th.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:33 pm

Hard work for Wigwam today.
They have lost something Pete.
Cross from side to side of the field then back again without looking as if they will penetrate. Bluntly a boring game with 2 sides in very poor form.
Wonder if I will get to Hull on Thursday night !!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 am

We were poor, but we also showed some fighting spirit & after our recent run, a win is a win. At least for now we are back above Hull KR!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Blimey they must be struggling to sell tickets for the Challenge Cup final, as I've had yet another e-mail asking me to buy tickets.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:19 pm
Blimey they must be struggling to sell tickets for the Challenge Cup final, as I've had yet another e-mail asking me to buy tickets.
I did warn you that would happen.
You not being pressed for World cup tickets yet?

By the way, the cup final is a good day out as an outsider, but go along the sides not behind the posts as that is where most fans not involved in the match go and it is a good day for banter. Should your Wigwam ever get there again they will transfer your ticket to your end if you want.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:52 am

Not a question of if, just when!! I see the Hull KR game against Hull was called off because of Covid infections.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:38 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:52 am
Not a question of if, just when!! I see the Hull KR game against Hull was called off because of Covid infections.
Yes that is now 5 games on the trot we have missed due to Covid.
To do them credit, Dull tried every club and his cat to borrow players to get it on

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:45 am

Wigan are like a London bus, you wait for ages for a win & then 2 come along together, haha. Yes it was only Huddersfield that we beat, but Rome wasn't built a day & you have to start somewhere.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:56 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:45 am
Wigan are like a London bus, you wait for ages for a win & then 2 come along together, haha. Yes it was only Huddersfield that we beat, but Rome wasn't built a day & you have to start somewhere.
I watched Cats v Leeds.
It was a replay of last week only more so !!!! The Cats are going to take some beating.

The league table looks poor in my eyes.
We sit 6th but at this point in time I doubt we will make the play off's.
I think we will finish top 6, but how on earth we fit in all the games we have left is beyond me.
We trail most sides by 3 games now.

Cup final day. Can only see a Saints win by a big score.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:46 pm

2cracking games of rugby league there.
Well done Saints and Cas will probably feel all the worse for the fact Feath beat York in the Championship cup.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:55 pm

2 things wrong Ed the winning by Fev Rovers is an irrevelavence to us Cas fans, but well done to them.
You predicted a big defeat and score line and got that wrong too.
We played a great game, probably saints did just deserve to win, but at least 2 upstairs reviews went against us and in my opinion they got them wrong.
You constantly complain about things going against HKR so now its my turn.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:40 am

robsraiders wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:55 pm
2 things wrong Ed the winning by Fev Rovers is an irrevelavence to us Cas fans, but well done to them.
You predicted a big defeat and score line and got that wrong too.
We played a great game, probably saints did just deserve to win, but at least 2 upstairs reviews went against us and in my opinion they got them wrong.
You constantly complain about things going against HKR so now its my turn.
I have already said it was a good game. You put up a better show than recent form said you would.
I actually thought you got a few lucky calls from Kendall. Interested, which ones did you think they got wrong?
I count 2 families of 7 Cas fans as really good friends of mine. They were spitting blood at Feath's win, and the insults I read between the 2 sets of fans is only diluted because of the different league status.
I am somewhat shocked you are not bothered.
We are not due to play Cas again until the second from last game,(as it stands at the moment), but as usual, it is a game I look forward to getting to.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Grrrrr. Yesterday I bought my ticket for St Helens tomorrow night.
Today the announce that KR are going East not West and heading for Perpignan. Second year on the trot I have missed out on the South of France.
They really should NOT have stopped putting games on the RL app as yet. Still far to many changes to the fixture lists.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 am

It's not good that so many games are being postponed due to Covid seeming to be rife in some squads. Sign of things to come for the upcoming footie season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:22 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 am
It's not good that so many games are being postponed due to Covid seeming to be rife in some squads. Sign of things to come for the upcoming footie season.
Even sadder news that both Australia and New Zealand have just pulled out of the world cup.
Not sure how we can still have the tourno' without the best 2 sides in the world involved.
We wait and see.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Terrible news for RL and the World Cup competition. It's rather strange that the competition is being advertised on the radio, as though nothing has happened 7 it says that there are still 16 teams taking part. They need to scrap the competition. But what ever happens the big loser is RL.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:20 pm

Austrailia and NZ are still sending entries to the Olympics and the autumn Rugby Union fixtures over here, so why arent they sending teams to the RL world cup ?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:32 pm
Terrible news for RL and the World Cup competition. It's rather strange that the competition is being advertised on the radio, as though nothing has happened 7 it says that there are still 16 teams taking part. They need to scrap the competition. But what ever happens the big loser is RL.
I think the players may just change this situation.
I hope so anyway. It will not be a real world cup without them, but then, the Olympics carried on without the US, Russia, etc.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Good to see Wigan winning a third game on the bounce, I know it was only Wakefield, but they roundly thumped us a few weeks ago, so progress is being made. Great to see Hull KR are winning at the Catalan Dragons.`

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:26 pm
Good to see Wigan winning a third game on the bounce, I know it was only Wakefield, but they roundly thumped us a few weeks ago, so progress is being made. Great to see Hull KR are winning at the Catalan Dragons.`
Never write off Cat, for the third week in a row (I think); they’ve finished the game very strong.
I think it’s their season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:10 pm

We could not hold on. Traveled this morning so not great but we gave them a good game and simply were not match fit after missing 5 in a row with Covid issues.
A bit sick after being well ahead but not disheartened.
We play them again at CP in a couple of weeks and if we can get our games played betwen now and then I think we can take them

Agree Rob. I fancy them for the title as well.

I still say we will finish top 6, but can't remember if the bet was top 6 or 8.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 am

I think Catalan are beatable, as are any other side in the SL.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 am
I think Catalan are beatable, as are any other side in the SL.
Thought that came to mind earlier about the amount of improvement in KR's ranks.
For years we have gone to places like Saints, Wigwam, and Cats and wondered how badly we are going to get spanked. This year we go into games knowing we have a chance. Even more of a "shock" I am expecting to take the next 6 points and will not be happy with less.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Anyone know what Luke Gale did to have the captaincy taken from him