Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:14 pm
Stunning victory for London Broncos over St Helens, even if St Helens fielded a weakened team. It's going to be a real fight to avoid the drop.
Weakened team? What a ruddy understatement 3 first team squad on show. And that is the second time Saints have done that to London and gifted them 4 points.
What happened to the "integrity" of the game.
Fuming does not cover it.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:49 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Stunning victory for London Broncos over St Helens, even if St Helens fielded a weakened team. It's going to be a real fight to avoid the drop.
Weakened team? What a ruddy understatement 3 first team squad on show. And that is the second time Saints have done that to London and gifted them 4 points.
Ed next you'll be saying it's a conspiracy, haha.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:45 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:49 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
No, I won't, but lots of people are, and not just KR fans.
It has long been said the RFL do not want 2 Hull sides in SL.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:00 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:45 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Surely people don't think the RFL would expect Hull KR fans to follow Hull instead?

Toronto struggled to beat Widnes yesterday, but prevailed in the end and won the league leaders shield. It's hard to see anybody beating them and stopping them getting into the Premiership next season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:36 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:00 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:45 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Surely people don't think the RFL would expect Hull KR fans to follow Hull instead?

Toronto struggled to beat Widnes yesterday, but prevailed in the end and won the league leaders shield. It's hard to see anybody beating them and stopping them getting into the Premiership next season.
Work it out yourself Pete.In 06 if Hudgie had not stepped in KR were gone. The club made a number of pleas to the RFL for help and were turned down flat.
How many times have they bailed out Bradford in particular even going to the extent of buying the lease on the ground for a Million quid and giving that back to them virtually rent free. (In case you forget, 4 times since 06).
Widnes had their wages paid for 3 months by the league while they were sorting new owners. That is the second time they have been helped recently.
Halifax, Sheffield and London have all been helped financially.
Every club bar who has gone to Canada has had flights paid for by Toronto and their hotel bills met also by that club. KR are the only SL club to travel there so far, and we had to cover all our own expenses !!!!
All little things, but when you add such as Warry recalling 2 players just hours before our game and allowed to do so by the RFL because it is over 24 hours before theirs does make you think. By the way, I was correct. Warry named a 21 man squad, which is not allowed and when whittled to 19 neither of the recalled players were in the squad, let alone the 17 match squad.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:37 am

Well no surprises in yesterdays semi-finals of the challenge cup as St. Helens & Warrington progress to the final. Some big games this coming weekend, that affect the play-off positions and who goes down.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Crucial win for Wigan over close rivals Hull 14-15. Thought the hull coach Lee Radford was very honest and he said that the Wigan 8 point try was a fair call by the ref. Hardaker is showing his class and was outstanding tonight, sorry Rob.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 am

Sadly Leeds hammered Huddersfield 0-44. Looks like you were right about Huddersfield Ed, although Wakefield seem to be getting drawn into the relegation battle.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:58 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 am
Sadly Leeds hammered Huddersfield 0-44. Looks like you were right about Huddersfield Ed, although Wakefield seem to be getting drawn into the relegation battle.
I am still scratching my head trying to work out how we lost 3 times to them. Even Warrington have not done that to us.
Big game for us tomorrow with Cas coming to CP. Lots of friends amongst their fans so hoping banter rights are mine !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:17 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:58 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I am still scratching my head trying to work out how we lost 3 times to them. Even Warrington have not done that to us.
Big game for us tomorrow with Cas coming to CP. Lots of friends amongst their fans so hoping banter rights are mine !!!!
It seems at the foot of the table, every side is capable of raising their game one week and then bombing it next week, from hero to zero!! The other game tomorrow is pretty big for London Bronco's, I think they'll beat Salford. Hull KR need a win desperately, as they have a very tough game next Friday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Crucial win for Hull KR, as Castleford are imploding. Looking bad for London as they get thumped at home to Salford.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:17 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:58 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
It seems at the foot of the table, every side is capable of raising their game one week and then bombing it next week, from hero to zero!! The other game tomorrow is pretty big for London Bronco's, I think they'll beat Salford. Hull KR need a win desperately, as they have a very tough game next Friday.
Next Friday is a free punt for us. No-one expects us to win. Just so long as we keep the score down !!!!

Good game today for the neutrals. Spoke to a couple of Cas friends that where there and they said no complaints.
Danny Mag is still magic !!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Didn't make the game tonight at the DW Stadium, but it was good to hear commentary on 5 Live Sports Extra and great to listen to Wigan coming out on top, after a fairly equal 60 minutes.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:33 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:33 pm
Didn't make the game tonight at the DW Stadium, but it was good to hear commentary on 5 Live Sports Extra and great to listen to Wigan coming out on top, after a fairly equal 60 minutes.
Still fuming. Totally level game until Wigans 4th try which came from a blatantly well forward pass. Talking to a couple of Wigan fans I know after the game and they said it was forward as well. Also in replay on radio on way home 5 live were complaining about it.
Openly admit that after we also had a try chalked off as being held up,(dubious again), we lost heart and the score in no way represented the game as played.
VAR needs to be at all games not just TV matches and it also needs to be allowed to review ALL fouls. (At the moment they can't review forward passes).
Sick of complaining about losing to poor ref decisions, but why do all the controversial ones go the way of the top few sides?
Home to Wakey and London and away to Cats and Salford. Still sure we will be safe, but feeling robbed of the chance of top 6 which I am convinced we are good enough for.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:57 am

When your struggling most of the decisions seem to go against you, it's the same in football. But when you are doing well all the decisions seem to go your way.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:57 am
When your struggling most of the decisions seem to go against you, it's the same in football. But when you are doing well all the decisions seem to go your way.
Yes I agree. It is normally because you are back tracking and do not have decent ball.
Last night was not like that. You attacked. We attacked all through. Total head to head.
If you have any friends who were there would be interested in their opinions.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 am

Have to admit Ed that having seen the tries on the TV, there looked like 2 forward passes for our go ahead try at the start of the second half. But some of your defending and tackles were abysmal.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 am
Have to admit Ed that having seen the tries on the TV, there looked like 2 forward passes for our go ahead try at the start of the second half. But some of your defending and tackles were abysmal.
It is the effect of it happening week after week against the top sides. "Here we go again. What is the point?"

I have spoken to a couple of the lads and all they said was, "Did you see where Child was"? "How did he not see and give that".

If you have the video put it on again and instead of following the play as it happens, look at the top of the screen and see where he is !!!!!
It is hard to believe it was missed accidentally.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm

I think the cost of bringing in effect VAR into all superleague games would be very expensive and is realistic that a side like London with crowds of around 1000 could justify the costs of VAR being introduced to their home games. perhaps you could have a partial VAR system brought in by the bigger clubs for their home games. Is VAR being considered for all Superleague games or is it just a flight of fancy?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm
I think the cost of bringing in effect VAR into all superleague games would be very expensive and is realistic that a side like London with crowds of around 1000 could justify the costs of VAR being introduced to their home games. perhaps you could have a partial VAR system brought in by the bigger clubs for their home games. Is VAR being considered for all Superleague games or is it just a flight of fancy?
They keep talking about it but it also needs rule changes as at present they can't do anything about a forward pass.
As they now have goal line tech in football and rugby pitches are marked with lines every 10 yards, even if we have to have short lines every yard it should not be to hard to have a similar system as football where the ref has a watch on his wrist. Forward pass it buzzes.
No need to stop every play if it goes nowhere, but when a try is scored directly because of it then pull it back.
Remember Pete, this is not Prem league football. We get relegated we lose over a million quid TV money. Sponsorship is less because of reduced coverage etc.
We got relegated last time because a drop goal was given that even Danny Brough admitted it missed. Had it not been given Udders were in the Million £ game and not us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Massive game tomorrow night as Wigan are at home to Warrington. Wigan should be favourites as Warrington will probably have to rest a few players in readiness for next weeks Challenge Cup Final.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm
Massive game tomorrow night as Wigan are at home to Warrington. Wigan should be favourites as Warrington will probably have to rest a few players in readiness for next weeks Challenge Cup Final.
Yet again Pete, first try a clear forward pass with lino 6 feet away from it

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Impressive win for Wigan, sorry Ed I didn't see that forward pass and the commentary team didn't see it either. Bevan French certainly looks like a quality player and Zak Hardaker is now very consistent with the boot, which obviously won't please Rob...

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm
Impressive win for Wigan, sorry Ed I didn't see that forward pass and the commentary team didn't see it either. Bevan French certainly looks like a quality player and Zak Hardaker is now very consistent with the boot, which obviously won't please Rob...
I don't think Rob will be over worried. Zak was an idiot who let a lot of people down that had faith in him. Just like Kelly at Hull, I love to watch him play but would not have him back at KR.

Suggestion. Video matches so you can look back over contentious moments. Yes a good win for Wigan, but set off by a try that should not have stood. To me that always spoils the result because you have to ask, had Warry held out another 10 minutes what would have happened. That especially has to be asked when a quick second and third try get run in
I run a rugby forum that does not allow swearing and banter of any sort as we promote serious discussion about the game between fans from any and all clubs. I was actually beaten on to post about the forward pass last night. ... By a Wigan fan !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Shock results today as London won at Catalan & Salford beat Hull. It throws the relegation battle back into the melting pot.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:32 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:22 pm
Shock results today as London won at Catalan & Salford beat Hull. It throws the relegation battle back into the melting pot.
Until last night I was totally confident. Since the end of the Cat's game I am very worried things seem to be going against us.
Don't know if you watched but Cat's not only could, but should have put up a cricket score yesterday. They were decent until 10 yards from the line then our 7 year old's would have beaten them. The worst part was, Dixon apart,(why did we let him go), London were poor.
We go to Cat's in 2 weeks. I can only prey they play as poorly.

Hate to call any game a "Must win" but the result yesterday makes our game today a real nail biter.

Next week down to Wembley for the cup final then straight down to Dover for my trip through Normandy to Perpignan. (Good timing for our trip this year as we should at least get plenty of sun while on holiday).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Well if London can win in the South of France, surely Hull KR can? I reckon we must be favourites to claim 2nd place.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:42 am

Shocking yesterday. Nothing else to say.

Firm favourites for relegation now.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:01 am

That's some trip your planning Ed. I'm sure they're will be a few twists & turns before the end of the season. As I've said before, all the sides in the Superleague are capable of providing stunning results or play awful. Hull KR are capable of either performance, as are all the other sides at the bottom.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:01 am
That's some trip your planning Ed. I'm sure they're will be a few twists & turns before the end of the season. As I've said before, all the sides in the Superleague are capable of providing stunning results or play awful. Hull KR are capable of either performance, as are all the other sides at the bottom.
I go every year mate and use the time exploring my hobby which is Norman history. Do a few castles, churches etc going both ways.

Until Friday night I was totally convinced we would be safe. Had a bad feeling from the end of the Cats game that things were conspiring against us.
Add that Quinlan is now out for the season having been the main reason for our pick up in form after nearly a year out, Mose Masoe is probably out for the next 2 and a couple more injuries that we just have to wait and see.
It has just been 1 of those seasons.
On the bright side if we do go down I get back to seeing all games home and away,(health permitting), because they are all Sunday afternoons.