Yet more religious nuttery

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: Yet more religious nuttery

Post by princes town » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:04 pm

sadly Kenya to add to the list of horrors. Just read that one of the deceased worked for a charity that helped rebuild a mosque - work that one out I can't.

joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by joejaques » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:28 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
joejaques wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:"And the half, the portion of those who had gone out in the army, numbered 337,500 sheep, and the Lord's tribute of sheep was 675." (Numbers 31:36)

Give me sheep!!!!

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:17-18)

But kill all the men and non-virgins, including young boys, and keep all the young female virgins for yourselves to rape as you please.

"and 32,000 persons in all, women who had not known man by lying with him... of which the Lord's tribute was 32 persons." (Numbers 31:35-40)

Oh, and send me some virgins as well. I'm the fucking Lord but I can't get my own virgins and sheep!
Wow, I can feel the love and morality oozing out of this guy.

Thank fuck he's fictional.
Leave the sheep alone Boyo, I'm living in Wild West Wales now. :roll:
Funnily enough, I was born in South West Wales.

Together we should have enough sheep to appease the Lord, although I'm fresh out of virgins.
What's a virgin? :roll:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 pm

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: he is always convinced that it says what he means." - George Bernard Shaw

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:55 am

Worth a look tomorrow given the subject thread. great series.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Meanwhile, in science...

We get a step closer to being able to treat serious neurological brain disorders, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24462699

And AIDS/HIV:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24051860

And self-sustaining, unlimited, environment friendly, efficient fusion power (the energy source of stars) is a step closer to reality:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24429621

Yeah, I'll stick with science, thanks.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:01 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Meanwhile, in science...

We get a step closer to being able to treat serious neurological brain disorders, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24462699

And AIDS/HIV:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24051860

And self-sustaining, unlimited, environment friendly, efficient fusion power (the energy source of stars) is a step closer to reality:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24429621

Yeah, I'll stick with science, thanks.
Someone must've prayed for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:50 pm

And the war on that terribly offensive theory of evolution continues......

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/ ... xam-papers
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:25 pm

The theory of evolution is as much up for debate as the theory of gravity.

These religious types don't seem to understand that a "theory" is the highest honour you can give something in science, and that a theory is essentially the accepted explanation for how something works.

A theory is always backed up with vast amounts of evidence, and is only altered/dislodged when better/contradictory evidence is presented.

They're confusing a "theory" with a "hypothesis".

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:07 am

Maybe the Doris in the burka is a munter.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:26 am

And now we are also close to a cure for baldness:

http://newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/2013/ ... ir-growth/

Plus amputees can now have mind-controlled bionic limbs:

http://gizmodo.com/worlds-first-fully-b ... 1401152071

Meanwhile, religion is still fucking pointless.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:32 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:And now we are also close to a cure for baldness:

http://newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/2013/ ... ir-growth/

Plus amputees can now have mind-controlled bionic limbs:

http://gizmodo.com/worlds-first-fully-b ... 1401152071

Meanwhile, religion is still fucking pointless.
A link to your third and final point aswell please?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:39 pm

:lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeh but god wanted this man to have a nice house...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24638430

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:Yeh but god wanted this man to have a nice house...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24638430
A senior member of the clergy abusing their power? Wow, that's never happened before.

You'd think God would stop abuse like this occurring, especially when young boys are being sexually abused by the clergy. If I saw someone being raped, I would try and help them, not just stand there and watch. That is essentially what God is doing.

It's almost as if he doesn't exist.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Hmmmmmm, now that's an interesting thought...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:08 pm

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25119158

Gay people being denied equal rights is apparently fine because the Bible says so. But why stop at discrimination?
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)
Surely these loving Christians should be stoning all gay customers to death? That is what the Bible teaches.

But then why stop at gay people?
"The Lord said to Moses, “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’” (Leviticus 21:16-24)
Apparently anybody with any "defect" at all should be punished.

Also:
"Then Moses spoke to the Israelites, and they took the blasphemer outside the camp and stoned him. The Israelites did as the Lord commanded Moses." (Leviticus 24:23)

"Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day... So all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, just as the Lord had commanded Moses." (Numbers 15:32-36)

"If a man or woman living among you... contrary to my command has worshiped other gods... take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death." (Deuteronomy 17)

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned [to hell]." (Mark 16:15-16)
Blasphemers, Sabbath breakers, non-believers, and believers in other religions should be killed/condemned to hell too (that last quote was even from Jesus).

And if you don't obey God's every word?
“‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands... then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you. I will turn your cities into ruins and lay waste your sanctuaries, and I will take no delight in the pleasing aroma of your offerings. I myself will lay waste the land, so that your enemies who live there will be appalled. I will scatter you among the nations and will draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins. Then the land will enjoy its sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its sabbaths. All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the sabbaths you lived in it." (Leviticus 26:14-46)
Nice guy!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:02 am

[quote="Spyman"]A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Channel 5 now - The Bible

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:Channel 5 now - The Bible
Didn't watch it but had a quick look at the program information and read that it focused on three of the Bible's many bullshit fairy tales: Noah, Abraham, and Moses.

Noah's story is about when God blames his own creations for how he created them (lol) and thus decides to carry out the mass genocide of the entire human race and all the other inhabitants of Earth. Not only does this show how much of a genocidal maniac God is, but also how he's a fucking idiot because he doesn't seem to understand how evolution works (preserving a small number of each type of species to breed is monumentally stupid and won't work).

Abraham was ordered to kill his own son Isaac to prove his love for and obedience to God, only for God to state he was only testing him all along. Wow, what a lovely guy. Moreover, surely he should know Abraham's true devotion to him without having to test him since he's FUCKING OMNISCIENT.

And Moses: the guy who God ordered to stone a man to death for working on the Sabbath, and whom was told numerous other horrific commandments (some of which are mentioned in my post above, such as the killing of homosexuals) on top of the famous ten and if he and God's other followers didn't do them, this would happen:
“‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands... then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you. I will turn your cities into ruins and lay waste your sanctuaries, and I will take no delight in the pleasing aroma of your offerings. I myself will lay waste the land, so that your enemies who live there will be appalled. I will scatter you among the nations and will draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins. Then the land will enjoy its sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its sabbaths. All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the sabbaths you lived in it." (Leviticus 26:14-46)
And in addition to all this business of God being a genocidal, immoral, repulsive, and utterly unintelligent moron, how come he apparently interacted with these people on a regular basis, yet now he's completely silent?

Because he's fictional.
Last edited by DarloOnTheUp on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:46 am

Maybe you've scared Him off DOTU.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:59 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Darlobaz79 wrote:Channel 5 now - The Bible
Didn't watch it but had a quick look at the program information and read that it focused on three of the Bible's many bullshit fairy tales: Noah, Abraham, and Moses.

Noah's story is about when God blames his own creations for how he created them (lol) and thus decides to carry out the mass genocide of the entire human race and all the other inhabitants of Earth. Not only does this show how much of a genocidal maniac God is, but also how he's a fucking idiot because he doesn't seem to understand how evolution works (preserving a small number of each type of species to breed is monumentally stupid and won't work).

Abraham was ordered to kill his own son Isaac to prove his love for and obedience to God, only for God to state he was only testing him all along. Wow, what a lovely guy. Moreover, surely he should know Abraham's true devotion to him without having to test him since he's FUCKING OMNISCIENT.

And Moses: the guy who God ordered to stone a man to death for working on the Sabbath, and whom was told numerous other horrific commandments (some of which are mentioned in my post above, such as the killing of homosexuals) on top of the famous ten and if he and God's other followers didn't do them, this would happen:
And in addition to all this business of God being a genocidal, immoral, repulsive, and utterly unintelligent moron, how come he apparently interacted with these people on a regular basis, yet now he's completely silent?

Because he's fictional.
Sensational, factual, well researched post, yet again.

Shame it's wasted on Baz.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-25793358

Fuck me sideways, THIS is why I have such a problem with religion. Apparently "the gays" are to blame for the recent bad weather as, and I quote, "The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel (and in naked breach of a coronation oath) will be beset by natural disasters such as storms, disease, pestilence and war."

Isn't he referencing the quote from the Bible I've only just mentioned above? Yes, yes he is.

Fuck religion.

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 pm

Can the religious explain what happened to all the souls of the millions that died before Christianty was invented? Did they go to heaven? If Christianity gives us a moral code, does that mean pre christian societies had no morality?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-25793358

Whilst his evidence is quite watertight (the floods did happen after the event). I do fear he may have ignored other equally realistic contributory factors for instance children celebrating their birthday the day before wishing for school to be closed.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Mission Impossible wrote:Can the religious explain what happened to all the souls of the millions that died before Christianty was invented? Did they go to heaven? If Christianity gives us a moral code, does that mean pre christian societies had no morality?
If heaven is so great and God created us the way we are, why are we even here? Why not just make us perfect and put us straight into heaven? Religion likes to think it answers important questions about existence but in reality, it doesn't even come close.

Also, you mention morality: the Bible condones slavery, gay-hate, aggressive sexism, other religion-hate, atheist-hate, and other horrific things like the stoning of people who work on the Sabbath. I can tell you now that none of that is moral, so how come God cannot? In fact, why doesn't he just come down now and tell us! He interacts with the c**** in the Old Testament often enough, even if it is usually only to remind them how much of a c*** he is.
lo36789 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-25793358

Whilst his evidence is quite watertight (the floods did happen after the event). I do fear he may have ignored other equally realistic contributory factors for instance children celebrating their birthday the day before wishing for school to be closed.
As much as that article annoyed me, I do find it funny that he thinks God's wrath for allowing equality for gay people is a few pathetic British storms.

If his punishment is bad weather, then he must fucking hate Jupiter.

And if God doesn't want equality for all his creations, then fuck him. If he wants to punish me, then he knows where to find me. I'll let you know if he decides to let me have the full force of his wrath, but I wouldn't hold your breath since I'm 100% certain that the Christian God doesn't exist, and this is coming from someone with a scientific mind who doesn't usually deal in certainties.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:29 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote: If heaven is so great and God created us the way we are, why are we even here? Why not just make us perfect and put us straight into heaven?
Exactly. Why kick your heels down here for 80 years out of eternity? Skip the physical part, and just bang everyone straight through the pearly gates.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:50 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Mission Impossible wrote:Can the religious explain what happened to all the souls of the millions that died before Christianty was invented? Did they go to heaven? If Christianity gives us a moral code, does that mean pre christian societies had no morality?
If heaven is so great and God created us the way we are, why are we even here? Why not just make us perfect and put us straight into heaven? Religion likes to think it answers important questions about existence but in reality, it doesn't even come close.

Also, you mention morality: the Bible condones slavery, gay-hate, aggressive sexism, other religion-hate, atheist-hate, and other horrific things like the stoning of people who work on the Sabbath. I can tell you now that none of that is moral, so how come God cannot? In fact, why doesn't he just come down now and tell us! He interacts with the c**** in the Old Testament often enough, even if it is usually only to remind them how much of a c*** he is.
lo36789 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-25793358

As much as that article annoyed me, I do find it funny that he thinks God's wrath for allowing equality for gay people is a few pathetic British storms.

If his punishment is bad weather, then he must fucking hate Jupiter.

And if God doesn't want equality for all his creations, then fuck him. If he wants to punish me, then he knows where to find me. I'll let you know if he decides to let me have the full force of his wrath, but I wouldn't hold your breath since I'm 100% certain that the Christian God doesn't exist, and this is coming from someone with a scientific mind who doesn't usually deal in certainties.
And why weren't the people God killed in the bad weather at least representative of the point he was trying to make?

He killed and old fella in a mobility scooter and flooded some holiday cottages in Norfolk. Shouldn't he have drowned some gays and flooded parliament instead? Would've made his point better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

DC