Drain Repairs

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Drain Repairs

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Anyone know someone who can do this?
I need some decking taking up and digging down to a drain then it fixing (a camera down the drain is showing a crack which is causing it to clog up)
Then it all put back together again!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

thomo27

Re: Drain Repairs

Post by thomo27 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Dyno-rod..not sure on charges though as they came out to mine as part of this barclays addditions package

Darlobp

Post by Darlobp » Wed May 08, 2013 7:17 pm

If the crack in the drain is in the piece direct from your property to the main sewer then unlucky, but if its after joining with a neighbours even if its on your land then Northumbrian water will fix it for you for free. :thumbup:

Its worth checking as most properties do have one sewer pipe servicing many properties and it was always the last one on the line that ended up with the blocked sewer problem first and everyone else s Sh1t to deal with (literally). Now he is the lucky one as NWL will do the unblocking and fixing for free (not really free as part of everyone's water rates).
Ding,ding home time...somehow DFC have to get back to Darlo.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:22 pm

thanks for all the advice guys - think I have found someone - just fyi Dyno Rod unclogged drains but I need my back yard digging up a bit and the drain repairing, it is on my property so I take it, it will be my cost...great :(
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

eek

Post by eek » Thu May 09, 2013 12:29 pm

From memory when we needed it done Dyno rod were expensive and plan awkward. I think we ended up using rider drains from memory.