Boycott Holidays

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

the striped tiger
Team Supported: Spennymoor Townv

Boycott Holidays

Post by the striped tiger » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:57 am

I can't believe holiday companies put their prices up for school holiday times to take advantage of people with kids. How many Darlo fans will not be purchasing a holiday this year in protest or is this a principle taken too far?

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boycott Holidays

Post by Hilly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:04 pm

It's common business sense, I don't see the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

marco10

Post by marco10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 pm

the striped tiger wrote:I can't believe holiday companies put their prices up for school holiday times to take advantage of people with kids. How many Darlo fans will not be purchasing a holiday this year in protest or is this a principle taken too far?

Is this relevant to DFC??

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm

he's taking the piss me thinks

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm

ST - poor poor comparison. Holiday prices during school holidays have been more expensive for years. Those of us with kids know its coming. If Thomas cook shot prices up for this summer by a factor of two...and didn't tell parents until two weeks before booking then that's more of a comparison.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 pm

People like me get screwed as my missus works in a school and has no chose to take our holidays in the school holidays even without having children. Fly from a scottish airport, school holidays are different and in turn dont increase at the same time!

Anyway I know your taking the piss and not a whoosh moment on me

marco10

Post by marco10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:he's taking the piss me thinks

Yeah your right!!!

thomo27

Post by thomo27 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm

I took my child out of school for 10 days and saved 1300 quid...
Plus the holiday company charge the same for a party of ten as a party of two and they dont chsnge the price when you check into the hotel

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 pm

the striped tiger wrote:I can't believe holiday companies put their prices up for school holiday times to take advantage of people with kids. How many Darlo fans will not be purchasing a holiday this year in protest or is this a principle taken too far?
Boycott stupid twats like this clown :crazy:

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Interesting piss take!

I didn't realise holiday companies put their prices up just for Darlo fans during school holidays.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:19 pm

But everyone does boycott school holiday prices UNLESS they can ONLY take holidays DURING the school holidays.

Let's face it if you're going to the Med the weather is still good in June and September so well worth holidaying then.

The only reason anyone pays full price is if they have no choice or feel they have no choice - and I'm convinced that nobody would go in the school holidays if they could avoid it, because who wants to pay more for the same product?

The thing is football fans have complete freedom of choice whether to accept a hiked price or not, holidaymakers often have to pay the price due to circumstance. Yeah, they could just not go on holiday I suppose...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 pm

MKDarlo wrote:

Must admit, this is one of the worst Spendy trolls!

Closet 13 year old Hartlepool wannabe??

the striped tiger

Post by the striped tiger » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:22 pm

I agree its common business sense....so that's ok then. Pay up or don't go...Do businesses have to give their customers notice of price changes? Has the LAW been broken? How do fans feel about parting with the cash for FA cup games when the FA take a cut for doing what the FA do best?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:22 pm

love it! wrote:People like me get screwed as my missus works in a school and has no chose to take our holidays in the school holidays even without having children. Fly from a scottish airport, school holidays are different and in turn dont increase at the same time!

Anyway I know your taking the piss and not a whoosh moment on me
Cost of my holiday in mid August last year from English Airports c£2,200. Cost from Glasgow Airport £1,492.

I went during on peak time for an off season price.

The holiday was crap by the way, pleased I didn't pay the on peak price.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

So you condone prices being raised just for us then? That wasn't a rhetorical question, I want a genuine answer as I'm curious as to why you're attempting to paint us as the bad guys yet again.

We're being robbed in broad daylight and you're taking the side of the robbers.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:

no - at least one or two of the ape abusers are funny. This is just drivel

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:26 pm

the striped tiger wrote:I agree its common business sense....so that's ok then. Pay up or don't go...Do businesses have to give their customers notice of price changes? Has the LAW been broken? How do fans feel about parting with the cash for FA cup games when the FA take a cut for doing what the FA do best?
Not one Darlo fan has ever claimed that the LAW has been broken when West or Norton upped their prices, to even bring that up is a massive straw man.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

MKDarlo wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:

no - at least one or two of the ape abusers are funny. This is just drivel

Hence wannabe.

However, you are correct, he will never achieve.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

the striped tiger wrote:How do fans feel about parting with the cash for FA cup games when the FA take a cut for doing what the FA do best?
From every team, not just Darlington. Poor comparison from you yet again.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm

the striped tiger wrote:I agree its common business sense....so that's ok then. Pay up or don't go...Do businesses have to give their customers notice of price changes? Has the LAW been broken? How do fans feel about parting with the cash for FA cup games when the FA take a cut for doing what the FA do best?
wtf are you going on about? I dont think anyone is suggest the law has been broken.

Perhaps if Spennymoor ever get to a position where they have more than 17 fans you might understand. Until then keep licking the windows

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, the striped tiger's efforts this morning are a perfect example of how to embarrass yourself on a message board!

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
the striped tiger wrote:How do fans feel about parting with the cash for FA cup games when the FA take a cut for doing what the FA do best?
From every team, not just Darlington. Poor comparison from you yet again.
Also, the fact that The FA take a cut, does not necessarily mean the ticket prices are increased.

the striped tiger

Post by the striped tiger » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 pm

I think people can charge what they like. If I don't like it I don't part with my money. I apply this principle accross all aspects of my life (apart from paying taxes as because I'm not self employed or seriously rich I don't have any choice in that matter). Last time I checked, robbery was where someone took something from you with force and giving you no choice. I'm ok paying 8 quid for away games, as I have done twice this season, even though one of those games involved a team playing hardly any first teamers (a fact trailed well in advance by the club).

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 pm

I don't remember the last holiday I went on where the price was a set amount, so I book but they say they won't take the money until I get to the airport to board. On arrival at the airport the holiday company have increased the price by 33% and I either pay it or have to go home again.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm

the striped tiger wrote:I think people can charge what they like. If I don't like it I don't part with my money. I apply this principle accross all aspects of my life (apart from paying taxes as because I'm not self employed or seriously rich I don't have any choice in that matter). Last time I checked, robbery was where someone took something from you with force and giving you no choice. I'm ok paying 8 quid for away games, as I have done twice this season, even though one of those games involved a team playing hardly any first teamers (a fact trailed well in advance by the club).
Yes people can charge what they like. And we can not like it when people who can charge what they like, charge more just for us.

Just what is your point?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Quakerz wrote:
the striped tiger wrote:I think people can charge what they like. If I don't like it I don't part with my money. I apply this principle accross all aspects of my life (apart from paying taxes as because I'm not self employed or seriously rich I don't have any choice in that matter). Last time I checked, robbery was where someone took something from you with force and giving you no choice. I'm ok paying 8 quid for away games, as I have done twice this season, even though one of those games involved a team playing hardly any first teamers (a fact trailed well in advance by the club).
Yes people can charge what they like. And we can not like it when people who can charge what they like, charge more just for us.

Just what is your point?

I think his point is that he believes discrimination is actually OK.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 pm

But dont BOTH CLUBS have to be in agreement for price changes in the FA Cup as the gate is split between clubs???

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

bigbitchtits
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigbitchtits » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 pm

thomo27 wrote:I took my child out of school for 10 days and saved 1300 quid...
Plus the holiday company charge the same for a party of ten as a party of two and they dont chsnge the price when you check into the hotel
Reported to the authorities

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:19 am

How about if holiday companies only charged people from Spennymoor the higher price? You'd be pissed, right?

thomo27

Post by thomo27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm

bigbitchtits wrote:
thomo27 wrote:I took my child out of school for 10 days and saved 1300 quid...
Reported to the authorities
Just seen this....50 quid fine