Flintoff v Dawson

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Flintoff v Dawson

Post by Big Tim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Can only see it ending badly for Flintoff unfortunatly, 3rd round TKO imo. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Darlofan97

Re: Flintoff v Dawson

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Off topic?

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 pm

s*** posted it in the wrong Forum :oops: :lol:

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 pm

cant believe its on box nation. not paying for that. maybe theres a stream somewhere to watch it.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:24 pm

As much as I love the bloke, he looked poor on the Sky Documentary that he was foing so I've put some money on the other bloke.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 pm

quakerray wrote:cant believe its on box nation. not paying for that. maybe theres a stream somewhere to watch it.
There will be a couple here mate: http://www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm watching it on this http://www.vipboxsports.eu/boxing/90591 ... nline.html

Once the ads have been x'd then it's great!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:07 pm

What an embarrassing fight. I've seen better fights in Bishop market place. That Dawson fella was absolutely shocking - did he realise he can throw a punch or two?

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:39 am

That right hand of freddies was hilarious! Still, fair play to him for having the balls to do it. Perhaps next he could have a go at football, we'll sign him up for one game and get a full house!

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm

I can't remember the last time I actually watched fight from behind my hands. To say it was embarrassing would be an understatement. I still don't understand why the BBBC handed Freddie a professional licence in the first place.

Fair play to Freddie for having the balls to actually step into the ring but if I were him I'd wrap it up now before he get's badly hurt.

On the plus side, David Price continued his path towards a world title, which I think he'll probably be ready for towards the back end of 2013.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:I can't remember the last time I actually watched fight from behind my hands. To say it was embarrassing would be an understatement. I still don't understand why the BBBC handed Freddie a professional licence in the first place.

Fair play to Freddie for having the balls to actually step into the ring but if I were him I'd wrap it up now before he get's badly hurt.

On the plus side, David Price continued his path towards a world title, which I think he'll probably be ready for towards the back end of 2013.
Tyson Fury & his promoter Mick Hennessy are bottling facing David Price. Wish they would grow a pair & agree to the fight, but we all know why they won't.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Big Tim wrote:
MaddosMilkman wrote:I can't remember the last time I actually watched fight from behind my hands. To say it was embarrassing would be an understatement. I still don't understand why the BBBC handed Freddie a professional licence in the first place.

Tyson Fury & his promoter Mick Hennessy are bottling facing David Price. Wish they would grow a pair & agree to the fight, but we all know why they won't.
Did you see him calling out Price and Bellew? :lol:
@George_S96

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 am

Darlo_George_96 wrote:
Big Tim wrote:

Did you see him calling out Price and Bellew? :lol:
I saw Frank Maloney calling out Fury with a 600k offer, claiming it would be than he'd ever get from a Klitsckho fight.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 am

I only saw snippets of the fight and I don't know a lot about boxing but it looked c** compared to other fights I've seen at the top level. The one thing I did notice is that Flintoff didn't throw straight punches. It was almost like he was "flapping" his punches. If you watch somebody like Hatton the forearm is always straight and horizontal. Maybe the highlights were at the end when he was tired.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 am

princes town wrote:I only saw snippets of the fight and I don't know a lot about boxing but it looked c** compared to other fights I've seen at the top level. The one thing I did notice is that Flintoff didn't throw straight punches. It was almost like he was "flapping" his punches. If you watch somebody like Hatton the forearm is always straight and horizontal. Maybe the highlights were at the end when he was tired.
No, that's pretty much how the fight was overall.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 pm

It was a pathetic fight, i was much more interested in Price who was very good once again, exciting prospect.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Big Tim wrote:

David Price would destroy Tyson Fury.

Tyson Fury comes across as a bit of an idiot really, you only have to read through some of his tweets to realise what an absolute moron he really is. Didn't he offer to fight David Price and then say he'd take on Tony Bellew in between the rounds? :lol:

bigbitchtits
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigbitchtits » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:28 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:
Big Tim wrote:

Brings you to that conclusion? I'm probably in the minority here but if they fought now I think Fury would come out on top. Honestly not seen anything special from Price to justify this wankathon over him. Granted, he hits hard, but he hasn't been tested enough. I know you can only beat what's put infront of you, but until he fights someone of note, instead of fat 46 year old tomato cans, then I'm not interested. And I know Fury hasn't been in with anyone of significant note yet, but his opponents, on paper, have been a lot better than those of Price. Fury showed he can take a punch too when he uppercutted himself a couple of years back :lol:

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Team Fury are saying that Price needs to fight better people than Skelton and Harrison before they would fight. Hopfully Price beats Tony Thompson next and then they will get it on.
@George_S96

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Fury isn't a very good boxer, Price would beat him in my opinion

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm

bigbitchtits wrote:
MaddosMilkman wrote:
Big Tim wrote:

Brings you to that conclusion? I'm probably in the minority here but if they fought now I think Fury would come out on top. Honestly not seen anything special from Price to justify this wankathon over him. Granted, he hits hard, but he hasn't been tested enough. I know you can only beat what's put infront of you, but until he fights someone of note, instead of fat 46 year old tomato cans, then I'm not interested. And I know Fury hasn't been in with anyone of significant note yet, but his opponents, on paper, have been a lot better than those of Price. Fury showed he can take a punch too when he uppercutted himself a couple of years back :lol:
Based on the fact that Price seems to have the edge on Fury in terms of power and dedication.

Price destroyed Matt Skelton and Audley Harrison in his last two fights, and although they weren't exactly hugely testing fights his took them apart in a way that no-one else has ever done before.