Your worst bet ever?

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

piggy
Team Supported: Darlington

Your worst bet ever?

Post by piggy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 pm

For me it has to be when I put £3 on Dean Windass to finish top scorer in L2 the start of the relegation season. When he missed that penner against Bury I kinda knew I was fooked :D

Although I nearly outdid this when I was going to have a punt on James Walshaw for top scorer in Conference last season, fortunately I never got round to doing it!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: Your worst bet ever?

Post by princes town » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Darlo to beat Rochdale one Friday night. 5 nil down at half-time with 10 men.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:37 am

I put £10 on James Walshaw to be top scorer after a good pre-season. Shame eyyy.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 am

I wouldn't say I have a 'worst bet ever', but plenty of bets that never were and near misses.

For example, I saw Aaim to Prosper advertised at 50/1 for Saturday's Cesarewitch, thought "that's a bit long for him", but followed my head and went with Countrywide Flame at 7/1 instead. AtP beat CF in the final furlong. That grated.

I also had a footy acca on a few seasons back, about 10 games, £5 stake, odds must've been about 150/1. Everything was coming in with 10 minutes to go, except Blackpool were 2-1 down at Watford. Two late goals from Charlie Adam won it for Blackpool.

There was then only one game remaining, a late kick-off FA Cup 3rd round game between Spurs and Leeds at White Heart Lane. Spurs were a goal up with minutes remaining, I was on the verge of winning several hundred pounds, and Michael Dawson brought down Jermaine Beckford for a penalty, which Leeds scored.

I've got a fiver on Fleetwood to win League 2 this season - not sure how that will pan out.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am

I don't bet a great deal, but I had a 10 game accumulator last season (or the season before, perhaps?) that would've bagged me several hundred. Only one game let me down... The Poolies failed to win at home. I learned my lesson about relying on them, what was I thinking?!

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 pm

I had a ladbrokes millionaire maker accumulator on last season, i got all right in the first 15 Games except Liverpool v stoke. I put a draw and stoke won 1-0. Suarez then went on to miss a sitter at the death. That miss cost me 240 grand off a 2 quid bet

I also missed 70 grand on a 2 quid bet about 5 years ago when Celtic at home failed to win, messing up a 12 match streak!

Nevermind eh?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:58 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I had a ladbrokes millionaire maker accumulator on last season, i got all right in the first 15 Games except Liverpool v stoke. I put a draw and stoke won 1-0. Suarez then went on to miss a sitter at the death. That miss cost me 240 grand off a 2 quid bet

I also missed 70 grand on a 2 quid bet about 5 years ago when Celtic at home failed to win, messing up a 12 match streak!

Nevermind eh?
:o :shock:

Sweet zombie Jesus!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:41 pm

hasn't carawest or brownie from NLZ bet with one of our fans that we will get relegated this season? - surely that has to be up there (not for our fan obviously!?).

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 pm

I went through a phase of betting on first darlo scorers that didn't even play.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlo4eva2012

Post by Darlo4eva2012 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Kim Huybrechts to beat Kevin Painter in the Grand Prix, didnt even get close to winning a single leg let alone the two sets required

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:04 pm

A few years ago, I was sat in the pub with a mate and we decided to put a few bets on for fun. Looking at the sheet, I thought £5 on

Amir Khan to beat some Colombian (Khan was undefeated at the time)
AND
England to beat Macedonia (Yes, I know)

was a pretty good bet.

England drew 0-0, Khan was knocked out in under a minute. Worst thing was, the odds were so bad, if the bet had come in, I'd have won something stupid like 65p

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 am

I once put a lucky 15 bet on, just a cheap 10p e/w thing, I got a 2nd, 3rd and 3rd and won £2.99.

My first ever bet on Darlo was gutting, I bet on us to beat Macclesfield(or Mansfield) 3-0 and Barry Conlon to score first, Conlon scored the first, but we won 4-0, I have rarely bet on us since then

I have had a couple of 11-12 game accas let me down in the past, it is always teams like Stenhousemuir and Cowdenbeath in Scotland what screw up my chances if winning several thousand quid

fozzie

Post by fozzie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Most of my nailed on accumulators that get fooked over by the big time charlies in the premier league or Harrogate Town

Dave_from_London

Post by Dave_from_London » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:22 pm

I remember walking past William Hill on the last prem game of the season and seeing in the window put 10 quid on Man City to beat QPR 3-2 and get 320 quid back. I was tempted but never did it :cry: