Winner QF2 v Winner QF4 (1945) Warsaw

Final:

Sunday 1 July
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 (1945) Kiev

fat tony
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rolling Euro 2012 thread

Post by fat tony » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Pretty awful start in terms of quality of football during Poland v Greece. Some mad decision making. Is Samaras really a footballer? Poland looked decent but just seemed to completely lose their heads in the second half.

I've got money on Lewandowski to be top scorer, so good start from that point of view. Really needed him to get a hat-trick in the second half though! Not sure Poland will get out the group on that display.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:11 pm

2 poor teams really, Poland rely to much Lewandowski

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 pm

i had poland to win so blew that, i looked at lewandowski to score first at 10/3, wished i put that on now. not sure where to go on russia/czech thinnk im going towards russia

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:15 pm

I've got £5 on Russia, Holland, Spain and France to win their groups, so not a bad result for me if Russia can win tonight.

Good game action wise, but you're right the quality was questionable.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Spyman wrote:I've got £5 on Russia, Holland, Spain and France to win their groups, so not a bad result for me if Russia can win tonight.

Is that on with Paddy Power? They've got a money back special where they'll refund if one team lets you down. Went for the same teams except for Germany over Holland. I think Germany will win the whole thing. Quite fancy Russia as dark horses as well so be interesting to see how they do tonight.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 pm

fat tony wrote:
Spyman wrote:I've got £5 on Russia, Holland, Spain and France to win their groups, so not a bad result for me if Russia can win tonight.

Is that on with Paddy Power? They've got a money back special where they'll refund if one team lets you down. Went for the same teams except for Germany over Holland. I think Germany will win the whole thing. Quite fancy Russia as dark horses as well so be interesting to see how they do tonight.
Yeh, with PP. Holland are my 'long shot' but still as good as anyone really so could quite perceivably win the group. I think Germany have been over-hyped.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 pm

I put Poland, Spain, Holland, France for the groups...

Holland to win outright and Lewandowski for top scorer, after tonight though, should have went for Russia in Group A...

I fancy the Irish to spring a surprise
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Thought Russia looked decent tonight albeit against a ropey Czech side. Got them e/w 20/1 last week. Couple more I went for as well as Lewandowski: Gerrard to be top England scorer at 15/2 and Benzema/RVP/Jelavic all to be top scorer for their teams treble 50/1. I'll usually do another few bets after the first round of games. Anyone else got money on?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:49 am

Despite it being a poor game overall I was impressed with Łukasz Piszczek at right back for Poland.

As for Arshavin, where do you even start - basically proved that he couldn't be bothered any more at Arsenal. Still has all the ability just couldn't be bothered!

So annoyed was going to stick Dzagoev in my dream team as well but went for an all star XI instead with awful substitutes!

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

Just watched the MOTD highlights from last night - I always knew Samaras was a genius.

Sunday night's programme could be worth a watch as a certain Steve Staunton is gonna be on, no doubt giving the sort of insights that only a manager of his calibre can give.

Russia do look dangerous to be fair, especially as they've got plenty of options going forward. Pogrebnyak would probably get into any of the other three teams in the group, but he seems to be their third-choice striker at the moment.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:46 am

Spanish fan murdered in Ukraine. Is football really worth innocent humans lifes? Euros should be moved to another country or stopped
@George_S96

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 am

Darlo_George_96 wrote:Spanish fan murdered in Ukraine. Is football really worth innocent humans lifes? Euros should be moved to another country or stopped
That's not a huge over reaction at all.

The bloke actually went missing a month ago apparantely, I'm sorry horrible incident but I think one person has probably gone missing in England in the past month and will end up have been murdered.

People go on holiday to Ukraine & Poland every year and have no issues.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:30 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_George_96 wrote:Spanish fan murdered in Ukraine. Is football really worth innocent humans lifes? Euros should be moved to another country or stopped
That's not a huge over reaction at all.

The bloke actually went missing a month ago apparantely, I'm sorry horrible incident but I think one person has probably gone missing in England in the past month and will end up have been murdered.

People go on holiday to Ukraine & Poland every year and have no issues.
What's people being murdered in England got to do with it? They aren't going to watch the football are they. People are dieing going to football matches. Football just isent worth it
@George_S96

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:What's people being murdered in England got to do with it? They aren't going to watch the football are they. People are dieing going to football matches. Football just isent worth it
coz you have just claimed that a whole tournament should be stopped or moved because 1 person has been murdered in a country, a month before a football tournament has even started!

Where are you going to move it to a country where there are no murders? Which one would that be?

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:03 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_George_96 wrote:What's people being murdered in England got to do with it? They aren't going to watch the football are they. People are dieing going to football matches. Football just isent worth it
coz you have just claimed that a whole tournament should be stopped or moved because 1 person has been murdered in a country, a month before a football tournament has even started!

Where are you going to move it to a country where there are no murders? Which one would that be?
Lets wait for more fans to be murdered then. It's not as if this guy being killed has nothing to do with the tournament
@George_S96

DarloFaithful

Post by DarloFaithful » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Really looking forward to tonight's games. Fancy the Dutch to beat Denmark but it'll be close, Danes have some decent players, Eriksen in particular. Germany ought to beat Portugal, they've looked incredibly slick whenever i've seen them but it may hinge on whether Ronaldo is in the groove, their back line is suspect.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm

fat tony wrote:Thought Russia looked decent tonight albeit against a ropey Czech side. Got them e/w 20/1 last week. Couple more I went for as well as Lewandowski: Gerrard to be top England scorer at 15/2 and Benzema/RVP/Jelavic all to be top scorer for their teams treble 50/1. I'll usually do another few bets after the first round of games. Anyone else got money on?
Went for Torres top scorer at 15/1. Probably won't come through but I thought it was worth an outside bet.

Darlo4eva2012

Post by Darlo4eva2012 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Lets wait for more fans to be murdered then. It's not as if this guy being killed has nothing to do with the tournament
So if somebody gets murdered in england in July (a month before the Premier League starts) should be move that to another country or cancel it all together?

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:35 pm

WTF was Jonathan Pearce on about saying the Denmark result is one of the great Euro upsets!? They're ranked 10th in the world and have some quality players. Makes that group very interesting now. Holland shouldn't be too downheartened, they created a lot of chances and were let down by poor finishing and a dodgy ref.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:17 pm

get in germany, gets me back in front on my match by match bets, now just keep it, dont do a poland or holland

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:58 pm

fat tony wrote:WTF was Jonathan Pearce on about saying the Denmark result is one of the great Euro upsets!? They're ranked 10th in the world and have some quality players. Makes that group very interesting now. Holland shouldn't be too downheartened, they created a lot of chances and were let down by poor finishing and a dodgy ref.
If they lose to Germany then they can't go through so they should be very worried
@George_S96

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Thought Portugal were a bit unlucky, despite having less of the ball they probably created the better chances and certaily made Neuer work harder than Patricio.

That said Germany were the better side, the side that looked to make the play so in the end deserved the win.
The defence still doesn't seem the best though, Lahm aside who is top class,but the centre backs seemed tentative and the keeper is a dodge pot if you ask me.

Was very impressed with the way Denamrk set up and I thought 2nd half they played some decent stuff and with better judgement up front may have scored again, Bentner is a fanny.

Mind you had Hollan taken their chances it could have been 4 or 5 -1 so lets not kid ourselves that this is a match for the team of Laudrupp and co from the early / mid 80's

The Holland Germany game will be a cracker now as the Dutch have to win so that could play into the hands of the Germans who can counter against them.

In group A Russia look head and shoulders the best team.

Looking forward to Spain today.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Only 27 hours until England stink the tournament out, eh norm?

What's your prediction for that shower?

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Only 27 hours until England stink the tournament out, eh norm?

Were gonna win it mate :lol: !

IF we can get through the 1st 15 or 20 mins without letting a goal in then I think we can keep it tight deny them space in front of our centre backs, force them wide and make them cross it which should be meat & drink for Terry & Lescott shouldn't it ?

The plan is obvioulsy to frustrate them and catch them on the break.

Did you see any of the French warm up games ?

I saw the 1st two but missed the last one, they have some good players and in Benzema a guy who could well be top scorer, BUT in both the games I saw the defence was exposed (Iceland & Serbia btw).
Mexes is an utter turkey, how that guy has made a living as a centre half is beyond me he cant defend, Evra is a busted flush I think we can get at him in particular if we can give Walcott or the Ox 25 at him in late the 2nd halfwith the game still there.

Do you honestly think we can be any worse than in the group games in South Africa ?

The Cahill injury is a shame as that back 5 looked very good, I think Lescott has had a decent season but his past games for England have been much better with Jagielka alongside him.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:Lahm aside who is top class,but the centre backs seemed tentative and the keeper is a dodge pot if you ask me.
Think you watch a different German team to me.

Hummels was man of the match and I thought was fantastic and has been all season at Dortmund, Boateng was dodgy but then had the envied task of facing Cristiano Ronaldo whilst playing out of position.

Don't know when you have seen Neuer as a dodge pot he was great at the last world cup, earnt himself the move to bayern from shalke in between and has kept that number 1 spot and I think he did well during the champions league (exception being Drogbas goal) and also was very imposing yesterday!

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice to see the FA have booked plane tickets back home for the team the day after England's last group game. Showing good faith in Roy and the squad.
@George_S96

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Norm_D_Ploom wrote:Lahm aside who is top class,but the centre backs seemed tentative and the keeper is a dodge pot if you ask me.
Think you watch a different German team to me.

Hummels was man of the match and I thought was fantastic and has been all season at Dortmund, Boateng was dodgy but then had the envied task of facing Cristiano Ronaldo whilst playing out of position.

Don't know when you have seen Neuer as a dodge pot he was great at the last world cup, earnt himself the move to bayern from shalke in between and has kept that number 1 spot and I think he did well during the champions league (exception being Drogbas goal) and also was very imposing yesterday!
Agreed. Hummels and Badstuber were immense last night; as they are for their club teams. Neuer is prone to the odd error but at his best he is world class.

Also Jazz: I agree with a lot of what you say normally but your constant England bashing has just become tedious now. I reckon we're being underrated this year by most people as it seems it has become "fashionable" to be negative about England. Man for man, we are still one of the best teams in the tournament.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:Only 27 hours until England stink the tournament out, eh norm?

Were gonna win it mate :lol: !

IF we can get through the 1st 15 or 20 mins without letting a goal in then I think we can keep it tight deny them space in front of our centre backs, force them wide and make them cross it which should be meat & drink for Terry & Lescott shouldn't it ?

The plan is obvioulsy to frustrate them and catch them on the break.

Did you see any of the French warm up games ?

I saw the 1st two but missed the last one, they have some good players and in Benzema a guy who could well be top scorer, BUT in both the games I saw the defence was exposed (Iceland & Serbia btw).
Mexes is an utter turkey, how that guy has made a living as a centre half is beyond me he cant defend, Evra is a busted flush I think we can get at him in particular if we can give Walcott or the Ox 25 at him in late the 2nd halfwith the game still there.

Do you honestly think we can be any worse than in the group games in South Africa ?

The Cahill injury is a shame as that back 5 looked very good, I think Lescott has had a decent season but his past games for England have been much better with Jagielka alongside him.
No I didn't watch any of the warm up games except the England ones.

From the highlights I've seen France look to be in a similar situation as us - nowhere near as bad as the south Africa disgrace but still far from competitive. There's no reason on paper we can't beat them, although I can't say I have the unwavering faith in terry or lescott (or any of our centre halfs tbh) that you do.

I think your optimism re. Walcott is misplaced too. He will do his run fast/fall over routine all day long and make all the right noises, but his final ball and finishing will be as horrific as ever. As for chamberlain - im not convinced yet. He strikes me as another one of the Walcott/wright Phillips/ lennon esque players that we get all excited about in this country but who never go on to do anything.

Think a draw is most likely, but if someone wins it's more likely to be England.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:13 pm

DOTU - my post was a tongue in cheek joke with norm, him being notoriously optimistic and me equally pessimistic regarding the national team. I don't know whether it's fashionable to dislike them or not, but I personally dislike the England team because they are astoundingly s*** given this country's footballing resources.

We're probably in the top 6 teams player for player, but one of the best? Not a chance.