Kenny Dalglish

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Kenny Dalglish

Post by Spyman » Wed May 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Wouldn't have lasted the season if it wasn't for his history with Liverpool.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_George_96

Re: Kenny Dalglish

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm

£120 million on players just to beat Cardiff on penalties
@George_S96

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed May 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I was chatting with a red the other day and said it can't be long before he goes and he said rubbish...... as said history kept him there

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Wed May 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Who's next then? Lambert? Capello?

Whoever it is will probably be instantly shunned because he isn't Daglish.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed May 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Step forward one David hodgson!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:00 pm

rumours in Liverpool Supporters Club on Sunday were Martinez apparantely.

They wouldn't go far wrong with Eddie Howe but Liverpool wouldn't take the risk on someone like that, hope he gets the Everton job when Moyes moves on.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Some are saying a possible return by a certain Mr Benitez

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:02 pm

that is the other one given he still lives on the wirral. I can't believe the support for dalglish on the liverpool messageboards.

He made some very poor judgements, the price paid for Carroll & Henderson to start with. The T-Shirt support for Luis Suarez, playing 5 at the back at home to Stoke City was embarrasing. Sticking it out with Jay Spearing, potentially the worst Premier League footballer that there is when he had alternatives.

I think the Carroll/Suarez partnership will come good. I think if they get in Krasic (available from Juve) or Victor Moses and bring back Aquilani they will be in a decent position. They are in desperate need of a left back though, no idea where they could pick one up from though!

Reina
Kelly Skrtel Agger Johnson
Krasic Gerrard Lucas Downing
Carroll Suarez

Aquilani, Kuyt, Flanagan, Adam, Jones

Jay Spearing is the new kit man.

The blame had to lay at Dalglish's door, quite simply for not being able to motivate the players he has had at his disposal.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed May 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Glad he's gone. Watching his horrible, sneering interviews with the press has done my head in all season. You might not like the press Kenny but its part and parcel of the modern game so you can least answer the questions put to you like an adult instead of sulking off with a horrible sneer on your face.

funksoul

Post by funksoul » Wed May 16, 2012 9:07 pm

the liverpool fans love him cos hes one of the "if in trouble close in and aveyone here will protect us poor liverpool lot" nob heads, his angry interviews just got worse ande theyd rather moan at the crap players hes brought in.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 pm

TFDM wrote:Glad he's gone. Watching his horrible, sneering interviews with the press has done my head in all season. You might not like the press Kenny but its part and parcel of the modern game so you can least answer the questions put to you like an adult instead of sulking off with a horrible sneer on your face.
Never mind eh, the next interview he storms out of will mean his dole getting stopped.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed May 16, 2012 9:21 pm

lo36789 wrote:rumours in Liverpool Supporters Club on Sunday were Martinez apparantely.

They wouldn't go far wrong with Eddie Howe but Liverpool wouldn't take the risk on someone like that, hope he gets the Everton job when Moyes moves on.
Why the fuck wouldnt they go far wrong with Eddie Howe? What utter shite you speak.

Hes a very, very young coach who's managed all of two sides in his three year career, and you think that he wouldnt be a bad shout for one of the most high pressure, high profile, no-win appointments in football. I cant imagine a stupider suggestion to be honest.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Why the fuck wouldnt they go far wrong with Eddie Howe? What utter shite you speak.

Hes a very, very young coach who's managed all of two sides in his three year career, and you think that he wouldnt be a bad shout for one of the most high pressure, high profile, no-win appointments in football. I cant imagine a stupider suggestion to be honest.
How many teams had Sir Alex Ferguson managed before he got the Man U gig the most high pressure, high profile position of them all. How many team had David Moyes managed before he got the Everton job. How many teams had Roberto Martinez managed before he got the Wigan job...do you want me to continue!?

Eddie Howe has proved in a very short managerial career that he has very good credentials. It would be a risk, but I think (thats my personal opinion not declaring fact) that Howe is the most promising english manager there is. From the owners perspective then they want success immediately so they won't take what could be a longer term project.

And I'll remember that you said that there couldn't be a stupider appointment than Eddie Howe, we'll see where he ends up...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:Why the fuck wouldnt they go far wrong with Eddie Howe? What utter shite you speak.

How many teams had Sir Alex Ferguson managed before he got the Man U gig the most high pressure, high profile position of them all. How many team had David Moyes managed before he got the Everton job. How many teams had Roberto Martinez managed before he got the Wigan job...do you want me to continue!?

Eddie Howe has proved in a very short managerial career that he has very good credentials. It would be a risk, but I think (thats my personal opinion not declaring fact) that Howe is the most promising english manager there is. From the owners perspective then they want success immediately so they won't take what could be a longer term project.

And I'll remember that you said that there couldn't be a stupider appointment than Eddie Howe, we'll see where he ends up...
Ferguson had managed Aberdeen to a European trophy. Do I need to go on? Ok, I will.

Martinez was a Wigan legend as a player, which is how a lot of managers get their break.

The step from Preston to Everton is not that huge either, or wasn't at the time.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed May 16, 2012 9:43 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Fuck me, do you ever put a check on your verbal diarrhea and think about what you write?

Alex Ferguson had 12 years experience at several clubs before taking over at Man UTD. He won numerous Domestic Cups, League titles and a European Cup Winners Cup. What the fuck point you were trying to make by bringing him up I dont know. Do you even know who he is?

Moyes and Martinez worked wonders at their respective clubs and in RM's case had playing links before coming to the Premier League, and even then the clubs they joined were far lower profile and pressure than Liverpool - again, completely irrelevant examples.

Yeah we'll see where he ends up, and it wont be one of the most high profile clubs in the world doing one of the hardest, most intense and thankless managerial jobs there is, after three fucking years managing Bournemouth and Burnley.

You're just making ridiculous left field suggestion to try and appear knowledgeable.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Spyman wrote:Ferguson had managed Aberdeen to a European trophy. Do I need to go on? Ok, I will.

Martinez was a Wigan legend as a player, which is how a lot of managers get their break.

The step from Preston to Everton is not that huge either, or wasn't at the time.
Ferguson still only had about a decade of experience in Scottish football (admittedly it was a bit better than it is now), not a lot to walk into a job with the profile of Manchester United, clearly the Aberdeen win was an unbelievable achievement though and proved his credentials - not many managers would get an opportunity to show those credentials so early in their careers (realistic chance of european qualification etc.)

Martinez was a Wigan player but he was still very inexperienced and it was a huge risk for Wigan but it paid off. As for Moyes it was a big step Everton are the longest serving top division club in England it was again a big risk by Everton, if they fell out of the Premier League their financial state would have seen them plummet.

Paul Lambert at Norwich had very little managerial experience before taking quite a big appointment, there was a lot of pressure on him to get them up (look where they are now).

If someone has shown ability even in a short time frame then it's a risk but the biggest risks can have the biggest return. The Liverpool owners won't take the risk, they will probably go for a fairly big name on a 5year contract most likely that unless he returns success in 1 year will require a big payoff.

I mainly dispute that there couldn't be a stupider suggestion. There definately could be.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Shut the fuck up you rambling, clueless dipshit.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:54 pm

anyway, can't really be bothered to argue with Jazz anymore give the job to Ian Holloway he can handle the pressure and I want to see his postmatch interviews on MOTD again.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Shut the fuck up you rambling, clueless dipshit.
swearing and insults the debating skills employed by pre-pubescent teenagers...another win for jazz.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed May 16, 2012 10:02 pm

lo36789 wrote:
swearing and insults the debating skills employed by pre-pubescent teenagers...another win for jazz.
You've been demolished already mate, see my earlier post which highlighted bit-by-bit the rampant stupidity in the nonsense youve written in here.

You felt the need to keep rambling, hence I told you to shut up.

In fact, you know what? There's nothing more irritating or dull than someone who's not all that intelligent but feels the need to act as the font of all knowledge. That person is you. Every thread I open on here recently is ruined by paragraph after paragraph of your guesswork, speculation and conjecture, which even you admit is rarely based in any kind of knowledge. You're like that bloke in the pub who makes ridiculous statements all night, passes them off as fact, and hopes no one picks up on it.

Just shut up, sometimes, for goodness sake, shut up.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:You felt the need to keep rambling, hence I told you to shut up.
had already typed that up before you sent another response i would imagine evident by time of post.
Jazz Maverick wrote:feels the need to act as the font of all knowledge
yeh, that means a lot from you.
Jazz Maverick wrote:which even you admit is rarely based in any kind of knowledge. You're like that bloke in the pub who makes ridiculous statements all night, passes them off as fact
So i openly admit to not being the expert yet am passing it off as fact...right-o

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 pm

See my above post about shutting up.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm

:lol:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 16, 2012 10:58 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Ferguson had managed Aberdeen to a European trophy. Do I need to go on? Ok, I will.

Ferguson still only had about a decade of experience in Scottish football (admittedly it was a bit better than it is now), not a lot to walk into a job with the profile of Manchester United, clearly the Aberdeen win was an unbelievable achievement though and proved his credentials - not many managers would get an opportunity to show those credentials so early in their careers (realistic chance of european qualification etc.)

Martinez was a Wigan player but he was still very inexperienced and it was a huge risk for Wigan but it paid off. As for Moyes it was a big step Everton are the longest serving top division club in England it was again a big risk by Everton, if they fell out of the Premier League their financial state would have seen them plummet.

Paul Lambert at Norwich had very little managerial experience before taking quite a big appointment, there was a lot of pressure on him to get them up (look where they are now).

If someone has shown ability even in a short time frame then it's a risk but the biggest risks can have the biggest return. The Liverpool owners won't take the risk, they will probably go for a fairly big name on a 5year contract most likely that unless he returns success in 1 year will require a big payoff.

I mainly dispute that there couldn't be a stupider suggestion. There definately could be.
Man Utd 25 years ago was not anywhere near what it is now. It was a big job, yes - but it wasn't THE job. 12 years of success in Scotland is clearly a far bigger qualifier than 3 years of success in the English lower leagues.

Paul Lambert started at Livingstone, then made his name at Wycombe getting to the semis of the League Cup and the League Two play-offs, then Colchester, in League One, did a cracking job and was appointed as manager of Norwich, in League One. Yes, a bigger club, but hardly a fucking massive leap up the ladder.

Nobody is disputing that Howe is a promising young manager, but he's got a long way to go before he's even offered a Premiership job, let alone a Premiership job at a club that has had sporadic success for two decades but whose supporters still believe are European giants.

If Martinez got the Liverpool job, Howe may be an ok shout for the Wigan job. That's about it.

DC

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm a big, BIG, fan of Eddie Howe. He was easily in my top 5 for the England job, a bit left field but appointing European managers hasn't worked and other than O'Neil, Moyes and 'arry I can't think of many more I would want to have a shot at it. But also have a look at those three, they have all spent a decent amount (some more than other), the ability to buy the right player is irrelevant in a national job so (IMHO) a manager who has brought success without finances is who should be looked at. The only managers that spring to mind about success without finances are Howe and Holloway, and Holloway is too mad to be the national manager.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:I'm a big, BIG, fan of Eddie Howe. He was easily in my top 5 for the England job, a bit left field but appointing European managers hasn't worked and other than O'Neil, Moyes and 'arry I can't think of many more I would want to have a shot at it. But also have a look at those three, they have all spent a decent amount (some more than other), the ability to buy the right player is irrelevant in a national job so (IMHO) a manager who has brought success without finances is who should be looked at. The only managers that spring to mind about success without finances are Howe and Holloway, and Holloway is too mad to be the national manager.
Depends what you qualify as success, and what you qualify as 'without finance'. It is all relative, and I'd argue that Hodgson has had success without finance. To say Moyes has 'had finance' is mental. He's spent fuck all relative to the level of clubs he's competed with. Financially, he has punched way way above his weight.

DC

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri May 18, 2012 7:06 am

Eddie Howe for England? Please tell me that was said tongue firmly in cheek?!?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri May 18, 2012 7:28 am

No, I imagine it was said in that typical smarmy lower league football fan thinking they know something the rest of the country doesnt about a relative unknown quantity.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:16 am

Spyman wrote:To say Moyes has 'had finance' is mental. He's spent fuck all relative to the level of clubs he's competed with. Financially, he has punched way way above his weight.
Trying not to take too much away from him but these are major contributing factors I think...

Everton youth/scouting system
They are THE 'top 10' club in the north-west. They sit nicely between the big 3 (united/city/liverpool) and a top half finish which no other club in the region offers. (making them the 'sensible move' for Baines, Howard, Gibson, Neville, Saha, Distin etc.)

Before City became what they are now they could do something similar picking up Liverpool cast aways (they couldn't go to Everton/United), Everton get something similar off United.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 am

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:To say Moyes has 'had finance' is mental. He's spent fuck all relative to the level of clubs he's competed with. Financially, he has punched way way above his weight.
Trying not to take too much away from him but these are major contributing factors I think...

Everton youth/scouting system
They are THE 'top 10' club in the north-west. They sit nicely between the big 3 (united/city/liverpool) and a top half finish which no other club in the region offers. (making them the 'sensible move' for Baines, Howard, Gibson, Neville, Saha, Distin etc.)

Before City became what they are now they could do something similar picking up Liverpool cast aways (they couldn't go to Everton/United), Everton get something similar off United.
I don't understand any of what you've just said.

How does having the best youth system make them an attractive proposition to established players from other clubs?

Can you list the Liverpool cast-offs than went to Man City?

Liverpool haven't massively outperformed Everton in the league over recent years, yet have spent far, far more money.

I'd be fascinated to see some kind of points per pounds record for each Premiership club over the last decade. I'd be amazed if Everton weren't in the top 3 or 4.

DC