PS3 help

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

PS3 help

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue May 29, 2012 2:02 am

basically my ps3 has cut out on me.. just started a game on fifa and it turned off and the red light is flashing.

tried turning it back on, it does turn on but literally only for a second, not even long enough to get fifa out of the disc drive!, its starting up like i've said only for a second, turns itself off and the red light starts flashing

anyone have any idea what might be up with it?..

MB86DFC
Team Supported: Darlington

PS3 help

Post by MB86DFC » Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 am

Trade it in for an Xbox?

PierremontQuaker03

Re: PS3 help

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 am

that does not sound promising - I wouldn't get an xbox - dont be a turncoat.

Wonder when a new console is comming out from Sony or Microsoft?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 am

If it's a blinking red light then your PS3 is likely over-heating, either due to a lack of ventilation or (more likely) a large amount of dust and crap built up in the system over time. Try cleaning it out with a low power hand vac through the fans on the side of the case and see if it helps.

If the light turns to a blinking yellow then that's a hardware failure, and you'd be best off getting another PS3.
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Wonder when a new console is comming out from Sony or Microsoft?
No official release date yet, but end of this/beginning of next year seems to be best guess atm ;).
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue May 29, 2012 12:55 pm

i've done a couple of tests and its still fucked, to be fair i have had it since they first came out, it couldn't have been overheating because it was only on for about 5minutes. managed to get fifa out of the disc drive though but then it cut straight out, think i'll just buy a new one..

and no i wont be buying an xbox, i'd rather chew on tin foil ;) :lol:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Try ringing Sony first, they might be able to help you.

DTID

Post by DTID » Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:i've done a couple of tests and its still fucked, to be fair i have had it since they first came out, it couldn't have been overheating because it was only on for about 5minutes. managed to get fifa out of the disc drive though but then it cut straight out, think i'll just buy a new one..

My PS3 is in a storage unit with a glass door. But I need to keep the door of the unit open or else my PS3's fans make a massive racket. Its not cut out on me yet but no doubt will have done if I'd continued playing on it whilst it was enclosed in the unit.

Another thing I do is face the back of the ps3 towards me when I play on it so its well ventilated. Its more likely to overheat if the back of the ps3 is against the wall or a unit etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Tue May 29, 2012 6:34 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:i've done a couple of tests and its still fucked, to be fair i have had it since they first came out, it couldn't have been overheating because it was only on for about 5minutes. managed to get fifa out of the disc drive though but then it cut straight out, think i'll just buy a new one..

Yeah, sometimes they do just go pop.

My SIXAXIS controller went bang last week for seemingly no reason, at least I can get a DualShock 3 but it's still a pain in the arse.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:27 pm

i was thinking of getting an xbox, but saw sense and i'm buying my mates ps3 with around 10 games, 2 controllers, HD cable (which i already have) for £110