outdoor market petition

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

starman1971
Team Supported: Darlington

outdoor market petition

Post by starman1971 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

I know this is not football related but its a good cause and it is for Darlington. Hope noone minds me posting it here.

http://www.darlington.gov.uk/Democracy/ ... tition.htm

Dn1

Re: outdoor market petition

Post by Dn1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm

A petition I am sure the vast majority of the Darlington people will support. This is a petition where we are looking to have the Darlington market moved back to its rightful place, the market square. I am sure we are all aware since the stalls were scattered all over high row etc...it hasn't been the same, and this has reflected in the amount of stalls which are now left.

So come on people!

Dn1
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Does the current location not bring more passing trade? The stalls are in the main shopping area, and the Market Square always seemed out of the way. I never visted the market before it moved, but will now have a quick look if I'm passing.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

JazzyM

Post by JazzyM » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:53 pm

The stalls were moved because shoppers had already voted with their feet and stopped visiting the market I believe.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Looks like the Traders aren't happy about this petition.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... et/?ref=mc
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I've signed it mainly because I think spreading it across the town centre makes the place look a bit of a mess. The market square is a huge space and it hardly gets used. To be honest I don't think the market has been a patch on what I remember it being like in recent years.