Interesting weekend of fixtures

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Interesting weekend of fixtures

Post by divas » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:51 pm

5th placed Fleetwood play 7th placed Grimsby
6th placed Kiddermister are away to Cambridge
8th placed Newport play 3rd placed Luton
9th placed York don't play until Tuesday

The table could make for interesting reading come 5pm on Sat

Spyman

Re: Interesting weekend of fixtures

Post by Spyman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 pm

If we win our one game in hand on all the teams between 7th and 12th, we suddenly leap to the top of the pack of 6 teams with games in hand on the play-off places. If we can also pick up more points than most this Saturday, we'll be in a very strong position.

However, with Hatch and Campbell both out, do we have enough cutting edge to capitalise?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Tedthedarloboy

Post by Tedthedarloboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Divas,
I do hope you ain't done a "Pete" on us! :P

divas

Post by divas » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 pm

;)

just nice to talk about football tbh.

Tedthedarloboy

Post by Tedthedarloboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Couldn't agree more.
Hope the lads havn't been affected by the goings on, at least, in theory, we have a "winnable" match this weekend, and nice to see that more people are coming round to the idea the season can still end in promotion......You can still keep wembley, I HATE the fing place.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Spyman wrote:However, with Hatch and Campbell both out, do we have enough cutting edge to capitalise?
Our midfielders have all scored recently, i'm confident one of those can chip in, FGR havent got the best defence so fingers crossed.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm

I've also just remembered I put a fiver on us to go up a few weeks ago when we 20/1. Odds down to 16s now, and I suspect a win at the weekend could see them drop further.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

moodymonica

Post by moodymonica » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Spyman wrote:If we win our one game in hand on all the teams between 7th and 12th, we suddenly leap to the top of the pack of 6 teams with games in hand on the play-off places. If we can also pick up more points than most this Saturday, we'll be in a very strong position.

However, with Hatch and Campbell both out, do we have enough cutting edge to capitalise?
We've only had Campbell for a couple of games and although he has made an impact you would hope that Senior, Main, Modest, Wright should be able to carry the can for a few games in their absence.
Time for Thomas to step up and prove his wages arent being wasted and let the past few days be put on the back burner - few more wins and hopefully that will entic e a few of the stay aways

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Hatch and Campbell will be missed, but we should still have enough goal threat to win. MBW and Verma chip in with goals too.

Without wanting to look too far ahead, we have games in hands and a decent enough run in. If we can get our away form sorted (and obviously the off the pitch issue needs sorting), then we have quite a good chance of finishing in the playoffs.

Tedthedarloboy

Post by Tedthedarloboy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 pm

It is so good to read so many positive comments about the teams chances of finishing in the playoffs after so long of people saying we had no chance.

Anyone fancy doing a form check over say the last 6 and 10 games. I bet we are near the top, and gaining.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Tedthedarloboy wrote:Couldn't agree more.
Hope the lads havn't been affected by the goings on, at least, in theory, we have a "winnable" match this weekend, and nice to see that more people are coming round to the idea the season can still end in promotion......You can still keep wembley, I HATE the fing place.
You can't have been to the new one then Ted, its a superb stadium.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 pm

I was actually looking at the run in off all the teams around us today. Us and foretells seem to have the best. Kiddy have a shocker. I think most of there games are against teams in the top half with 5 of them against the top 4.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:25 pm

If anyone wants to checkout our opponents on Tuesday night, live on Premier Sports at Cambridge tonight

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks for that SAM :roll: .... I've just watched the first half on telly (Yes I can still get the channel even though I unsubscribed when they screwed up the Barrow game). Kiddies play some neat stuff at times but they're not great really. The guy on loan from hereford (Canham, or something like that) scored for them. Cambridge are pretty dire but are a bit unlucky to be losing 1-0 at half time.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:58 pm

quakersam wrote:If anyone wants to checkout our opponents on Tuesday night, live on Premier Sports at Cambridge tonight

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports
Cannot get the game, when Cambridge v Kiddie match live appears what do you do next?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Have to download the Veetle plug-in. What a finish to that game mind. Superb freekick from Cambridge, but poor defending and 82 seconds later, Kiddy go 2-1 up
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Kiddie were the better team like. Last two goals in injury time .... What is it about the 90th minute?

Briscoe and Albrighton at the back love it in the air but are not keen at guys running at em. Both booked plus another defender also booked and lucky to stay on cos he gave away another bad foul later on.

Darlo's pace could do the trick but lumping it forward will be all too easy for Kiddie who have only lost once since October at Barrow. That was their 4th win on the trot.

Should be a good game on Tuesday ... ;) but I bet those other "north east" clubs manure or chewsea are playing in that euro thingy so as it'll be the usual 1500 loyalists who'll prevail ... :clap:

divas

Post by divas » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Newport also got a late equaliser v Luton courtesy of an injury time penalty

Tedthedarloboy

Post by Tedthedarloboy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 am

Woken after a real foul weather night with high hopes for today.

I recon that if we win today, because of all the other fixtures, we move into the position of being favorites for at least 5th place.

What turn around since the doom days round about Christmas where everyone thought our season rested solely on the trophy.

Well done Coop's and all the lads, and hope everyone traveling has a great day out in a really nice part of England.