On the playing side, trying to be positive.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

On the playing side, trying to be positive.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 am

There's no mention in the Echo articles, as to how this new crisis will affect the clubs ability to continue playing in the short term. There is no mention of the Arena being shut or the club being put into immediate receivership or administration. So hopefully the club can still operate as a going concern in the short term, whilst efforts are made to rescue the club.

QUAKERMAN2

Re: On the playing side, trying to be positive.

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:There's no mention in the Echo articles, as to how this new crisis will affect the clubs ability to continue playing in the short term. There is no mention of the Arena being shut or the club being put into immediate receivership or administration. So hopefully the club can still operate as a going concern in the short term, whilst efforts are made to rescue the club.
Hope your right Pete, we are right back in the ball game with playoffs and possibly Wembley, now entering the key part of the season and one positive that may come out of this is that we may now be rid of the little s**t Houghton once and for all IF Raj can somehow purchase sole rights to the Stadium, land etc.Just wonder if his contacts at Tall Trees would be interested in joining ranks ?

quaker4life

Re: On the playing side, trying to be positive.

Post by quaker4life » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:30 am

The club's fate now lies in the hands of both Raj Singh & Scott & Sizer (their decision will no doubt effect Raj's as well), I would imagine as things stand DFC will continue as normal however if Raj decides to withdraw I don't think there will be a third administration.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly