Darlos Pete Memorable Thread Moments

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

rj50
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlos Pete Memorable Thread Moments

Post by rj50 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:27 pm

As Darlo Pete reaches his 50th birthday when we play Grimsby,as a birthday present lets recall his memorable moments on this board'
Mine has to be when we had the fans photos and he complained when he was in them,so Les Hodge put a paper bag over his head over the next couple of weeks.Did he get some stick over it.
Happy 50th Pete

loan_star

Re: Darlos Pete Memorable Thread Moments

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:38 pm

What about the all time classic "A special message for non registered users" in a gut wrenching attempt to get more people to post. :crazy:

cwisstoffhur

Post by cwisstoffhur » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:54 pm

we should make a book full and give him it at grimsby along with a pie with a 50 candle in it :)
It's Clobberin' Time

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

cwisstoffhur wrote:we should make a book full and give him it at grimsby along with a pie with a 50 candle in it :)

I reckon he would prefer a candle and 50 pies. :lol:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:34 pm

I can remember on the night after the Rochdale game last season when rumours of administration first came about, he posted a thread commenting on the quality of the programme, completely inappropriate timing!

And also when he went on one of his messageboard tours to Leeds when they were in trouble off the pitch a few seasons back :)

And who could forget the whole Ted Forster saga?! :D
Last edited by quaker4life on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Did Darlo Pete's moaning have anything to do with the scrapping of the fans photos altogether? I used to like seeing if I could spot myself. :cry:

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Santino wrote:Did Darlo Pete's moaning have anything to do with the scrapping of the fans photos altogether? I used to like seeing if I could spot myself. :cry:
Not just him there was one other I think saying human rights came into it. :think:

I can't remember who it was but as they rightly said you're caught on camera several times a day, if you don't want people to see your face put a paper bag on your head.

Which they started doing to Pete in the pics :D
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Ted. Forster.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Coming in from work, and in the early hours, getting a message (on the tinshed) asking me to join him in his quest for "Playforyourclub" glory.

When I commented I was crap at it, he kindly agreed to help... and messaged me his "technique" for getting scores. It was quite a long winded explanation that essentially came down to "press space bar at the right time".

DO you still get on that game DP?

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:55 pm

ShrewsX wrote:Coming in from work, and in the early hours, getting a message (on the tinshed) asking me to join him in his quest for "Playforyourclub" glory.

When I commented I was crap at it, he kindly agreed to help... and messaged me his "technique" for getting scores. It was quite a long winded explanation that essentially came down to "press space bar at the right time".

DO you still get on that game DP?

Shrews
Yes I do and we're back in the Premiership this week, if anybody wants to help out. I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned a particular thread that caused all sorts of trouble on here. I never realised I posted so many controversial threads on the old MB. :D

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:11 pm

rj50 wrote:As Darlo Pete reaches his 50th birthday when we play Grimsby,as a birthday present lets recall his memorable moments on this board'
Mine has to be when we had the fans photos and he complained when he was in them,so Les Hodge put a paper bag over his head over the next couple of weeks.Did he get some stick over it.
Happy 50th Pete

it was me who actually put the paper bag over his head, I thought it was a way to get around the complaint, quite funny looking back!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:45 pm

uncovered wrote:
rj50 wrote:As Darlo Pete reaches his 50th birthday when we play Grimsby,as a birthday present lets recall his memorable moments on this board'
Happy 50th Pete

it was me who actually put the paper bag over his head, I thought it was a way to get around the complaint, quite funny looking back!

Have you tried plastic!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:22 am

I was told he had a pair of magic sunglasses that had the power to conceal his identity... was this just an urban legend?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:26 am

Hawkeye wrote:I was told he had a pair of magic sunglasses that had the power to conceal his identity... was this just an urban legend?
Has to be, otherwise he'd just have worn them when he spotted Les and his camera!
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website