Chandler

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Chandler

Post by Big Tim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 am

I not going to say anything about cooper out or anything like that but why did he bring chandler off when so to speak we had luton on the back foot. Nearly every time luton went on the attack last night chandler was there to make the last ditch tackle and stand up to the attacker, as soon as chandler came off we just fell apart straight away, unless chandler was knackerd or picked up an injury i thought that the was minute we threw away any chance of getting something out of the game.

Quakerz

Re: Chandler

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:59 am

Interestingly a Luton fan commented why did we take the busy midfielder off cos we fell apart from that moment.

Seems to me that Chandler has gone from being forgotten man to an important part of the team.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 am

Big Tim wrote:I not going to say anything about cooper out or anything like that but why did he bring chandler off when so to speak we had luton on the back foot. Nearly every time luton went on the attack last night chandler was there to make the last ditch tackle and stand up to the attacker, as soon as chandler came off we just fell apart straight away, unless chandler was knackerd or picked up an injury i thought that the was minute we threw away any chance of getting something out of the game.
Agree. We fell apart when he went off.

Was it you I had the conversation with last night coming out of the ground about this?

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:24 am

I think he still has an important role to play and am pleased he has worked his way back into Coopers mind.

I still think Cooper is doing a good job but the main critism i have is the tinkering at criucal moments ie this last night. We probably would have lost the game either way but is sounded our best spell of the game at the start of the half

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 am

Yer thats what ive been thinking. In sort of a similar way that when we have been doing well (not pointed at last night) he has changed the starting line up or formation. ie (gilespie n verma) sure they came in for debuts when the team at the time were doing well- think we had just beat bristol and had the crawley game. We changed the team and lost the next two against wrexham and york(cup)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 am

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Sidarlo wrote:I think he still has an important role to play and am pleased he has worked his way back into Coopers mind.

I still think Cooper is doing a good job but the main critism i have is the tinkering at criucal moments ie this last night. We probably would have lost the game either way but is sounded our best spell of the game at the start of the half
I was saying this last night but was was criticised. He messes on with the team and shape when he doesn't have to but when we go the goal or 2 down he leaves things as they are....
I can only think at 0-0 that he thought "if I keep it like this then sooner or later then we are going to concede". Once he'd made changes, and we went 1 and 2 goals behind, what else could he do, looking at the bench? Fook all, he'd already made the one change that might have made a difference (Moore on and be more attacking) and it blew up in his face. There was nowhere else to go.

Nobody would mind you criticising what he did last night if you could actually offer an alternative solution.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:31 am

Quakerz wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
Sidarlo wrote:I think he still has an important role to play and am pleased he has worked his way back into Coopers mind.

I was saying this last night but was was criticised. He messes on with the team and shape when he doesn't have to but when we go the goal or 2 down he leaves things as they are....
I can only think at 0-0 that he thought "if I keep it like this then sooner or later then we are going to concede". Once he'd made changes, and we went 1 and 2 goals behind, what else could he do, looking at the bench? Fook all, he'd already made the one change that might have made a difference (Moore on and be more attacking) and it blew up in his face. There was nowhere else to go.

Nobody would mind you criticising what he did last night if you could actually offer an alternative solution.
Yes but at 0-0 we were Ok
He should have only changed it IF they scored, then you could understand why he brought Chandler off.
Would have been happy with a 0-0

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:36 am

We were not ok at 0-0. We were better than we were in the first half, and had our best period of possession, but Luton still looked like scoring everytime they got a cross in and we werent going to hang on forever.

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:We were not ok at 0-0. We were better than we were in the first half, and had our best period of possession, but Luton still looked like scoring everytime they got a cross in and we werent going to hang on forever.
Second half we were better, Yes and we started to attack a bit more which made their defenders especially Gleeson hang back and not roam forward like he was doing in the first half as soon as Chandler went off then we fell apart, coincidence or not the gaps in the middle of the park appeared and they picked us off at will. Their first goal, Gnapka just ran down the middle and shot, if chandler was still on then he would have at least made a challenge

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 pm

He may have helped thwart that attack, but the fact of the matter is even though we were playing better for the 15min after the break, we had no real chances and Luton were still the more comfortable side by far. Even when we were playing decent possession football in their half, they still broke is down comfortably in the end. Tell me, how many saves did their keeper have to make? How many times did we defend their crosses appallingly? Regardless of whether chandler went off or not, we were never going to score and they were always going to in the end. If he'd left it as it was we were still going to lose - at least he had the bottle to try and mix it up with an attacking change.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

JABWootton wrote:Yes but at 0-0 we were Ok
He should have only changed it IF they scored, then you could understand why he brought Chandler off.
Yet last week people complained that he didnt change it at 0-0 to try and take the game to the opposition more!! He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. :roll:

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

loan_star wrote:
JABWootton wrote:Yes but at 0-0 we were Ok
Yet last week people complained that he didnt change it at 0-0 to try and take the game to the opposition more!! He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. :roll:
Last week was at home to Mansfield.

Last night was away to Luton.

A big difference. One we were aiming to win, the other we would have been delighted with a draw.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Just heard his interview on the bbc site, and it doesnt sound happy, particualr with Sammy for their first and the other so called big name players ?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm

The first looked awful, seemed to be half scuffed and took ages to go in. However, it was hard to see the full circumstances of it from where I was sat, so ill reserve judgement till I see the replay.

quakermass

Post by quakermass » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:We were not ok at 0-0. We were better than we were in the first half, and had our best period of possession, but Luton still looked like scoring everytime they got a cross in and we werent going to hang on forever.
:crazy:
Did you learn English?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:41 pm

quakermass wrote:
Did you learn English?
Yeah, you?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
quakermass wrote:
Did you learn English?
Yeah, you?
Just ignore him Quakermass, he must be Kingkev in disguise, although probably not, Kev had more manners and could spell better.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just ignore him Quakermass, he must be Kingkev in disguise, although probably not, Kev had more manners and could spell better.
Hang on... So he get's grief. Then he get's more grief for defending himself? How does that work then?

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Big Tim wrote:I not going to say anything about cooper out or anything like that but why did he bring chandler off when so to speak we had luton on the back foot. Nearly every time luton went on the attack last night chandler was there to make the last ditch tackle and stand up to the attacker, as soon as chandler came off we just fell apart straight away, unless chandler was knackerd or picked up an injury i thought that the was minute we threw away any chance of getting something out of the game.
Agree. We fell apart when he went off.

Was it you I had the conversation with last night coming out of the ground about this?
Big Tim, the clue is in the name