Sad but.....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Sad but.....

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:50 pm

That was the pounding we needed. Losing by the odd goal lets the team feel that they've been unlucky. Until tonight everyone but us had shipped 3+ and got their wake-up.

Our turn and nothing more dramatic than that.

DL5

Re: Sad but.....

Post by DL5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:That was the pounding we needed. Losing by the odd goal lets the team feel that they've been unlucky. Until tonight everyone but us had shipped 3+ and got their wake-up.

Maybe it will finally shut up those who thought we were still going to make the playoffs

divas

Post by divas » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 pm

A good dicking at the weekend certainly worked wonders for York

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:56 pm

DL5 wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:That was the pounding we needed. Losing by the odd goal lets the team feel that they've been unlucky. Until tonight everyone but us had shipped 3+ and got their wake-up.

Maybe it will finally shut up those who thought we were still going to make the playoffs
12 points behind but 3 games in hand, which will be 4 games on saturday. Play offs still ON :thumbup:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 pm

divas wrote:A good dicking at the weekend certainly worked wonders for York

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:
DL5 wrote:

12 points behind but 3 games in hand, which will be 4 games on saturday. Play offs still ON :thumbup:
Glad you said that Q. The results continue to be bizarre and everything is possible.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 pm

One game at a time - we are still very capable of progressing in the Trophy and also of getting several points in the next few league games - and if other teams above us drop a few points, then who knows where we will be at the end of February?
COME ON DARLO!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 pm

When Smith and Senior are fit,Cooper has to now decide what his best team is and try and stick to it AND somehow start scoring goals, 29 is a joke and it is no wonder our defense finally collapsed tonight.I have no great worry about the forwards it is the midfield that worries me more, Verma and Taylor just do not do it for me, we sadly miss a Terry or Brough at the moment, seemed too lightweight tonight.Fleetwood are going off the boil and have to come to the Arena, IF we can put a run together 5th place is not beyond us.If we can beat Telford the season is very much alive and could help our league form.The big worry is lack of goals, Cooper somehow has to go for it.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Did you go tonight Quakerman?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

crusher58

Post by crusher58 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 pm

i tell you what i honestly cant knock all your fantasys about still reaching the play offs and we can win the trophy, you obviously havent watched darlo for 40 years plus, when you have you will become realists like myself, but till then keep up your enthusiasm lads, quakerz youre class mate............ :thumbup:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Quakerz wrote:Did you go tonight Quakerman?
Errrr no, does not stop me making a comment which I believe to be accurate, my gripe is only 29 goals,what positives can you derive from that. Forgetting tonight, a midfield of Verma and Taylor would worry me.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 pm

I was simply asking if you went tonight. For some reason I imagined you had. And I was going to ask you a question about tonight. But fook off instead.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:I was simply asking if you went tonight. For some reason I imagined you had. And I was going to ask you a question about tonight. But fook off instead.
Quakerz just watch your language, can you not make a sensible reply without spewing out filth all the time.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 pm

I only swear at people who frustrate me. You frustrated me by being arsey in response to a simple question.

Anybody know how Campbell played?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:I only swear at people who frustrate me. You frustrated me by being arsey in response to a simple question.

Anybody know how Campbell played?
Fail to see how you think I was "arsey", sorry Quakerz I am not that type of person and you reacted wrongly to my post.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Campbell looks very quick, has a decent touch and good close control. Can't comment much more than that because we did very little in the final third.

Quakerman2, you're an embarrassing know nowt. You post the same rant every time we have a bad result, and it still makes no sense.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:58 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:I was simply asking if you went tonight. For some reason I imagined you had. And I was going to ask you a question about tonight. But fook off instead.
Quakerz just watch your language, can you not make a sensible reply without spewing out filth all the time.
Yeah Quakerz, watch your language !
No need.
We have a swear filter for that!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote: Fail to see how you think I was "arsey", sorry Quakerz I am not that type of person and you reacted wrongly to my post.
I said "did you go tonight?"

Your response was a defensive, arsey "err no, does not stop me making a comment...etc" as if I was suggesting you can't have an opinion because you didn't go. I know you thought I was suggesting that because of the answer you gave.

However, I was actually asking a completely simple question.

I was looking for a "yes" or a "no" answer.

Had you furnished me with a "yes" I would have asked "how did Campbell get on then?". Had you furnished me with a "no" I would have said "never mind, for some reason I thought you were at the match"

You reacted wrongly.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm

mr Q, you should have asked mr crusher if he went, he has been going for over 40 years you know and seen it all before, he is the ultimate Darlo hero and is always helpful with his knowledgable advice after a defeat. He is bound to have been at the match. :angel:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 pm

A couple of Luton fans comments about Campbell...

"Did pretty well from what I saw, looked a bit pacy and he did actually get himself into a great position where he really should have scored. Luckily for us Kroca got back with a great slide tackle and blocked it. "

"I think once Campbell has settled into your team he will be a great asset,he did look threatening alongside Hatch tonight and i think against weaker defences he will net you quite a few goals"

Not bad considering he was chucked in the deep end.

Hilly

Re: Re: Sad but.....

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Quakerz wrote:A couple of Luton fans comments about Campbell...

"Did pretty well from what I saw, looked a bit pacy and he did actually get himself into a great position where he really should have scored. Luckily for us Kroca got back with a great slide tackle and blocked it. "

"I think once Campbell has settled into your team he will be a great asset,he did look threatening alongside Hatch tonight and i think against weaker defences he will net you quite a few goals"

Not bad considering he was chucked in the deep end.
Decent praise from fans who are used to seeing their team bang them in for fun.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:Campbell looks very quick, has a decent touch and good close control. Can't comment much more than that because we did very little in the final third.

Quakerman2, you're an embarrassing know nowt. You post the same rant every time we have a bad result, and it still makes no sense.
Well surprise, surprise, yet another over reaction to my post from the idiot that is Maverick.Here we go again, I make what is a constructive comment and you jump straight in with your childish, sarcastic remarks.Let me know from my original post what is so ridiculous that I am a "know nowt" and how is that deemed to be a "rant".For gods sake son just calm the hell down.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:34 am

Where does my post suggest I need to calm down? I'm perfectly calm and was merely stating a fact - that you post the same irrelevant, baseless, non sensical rant after every poor result.

You're shit. Deal with it.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Where does my post suggest I need to calm down? I'm perfectly calm and was merely stating a fact - that you post the same irrelevant, baseless, non sensical rant after every poor result.

You're shit. Deal with it.
Like I say, what in my original post do you regard as rubbish that you have to resort to sarcastic replies, please reply so I can defend myself.Maverick what do you do, you appear not to be the brightest button in the box to be honest, you must be able to back up your criticism of my posts with constructive arguments against, I again await your sensible reply, if I am wrong I will take back all I say.Hurry up!!!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 pm

If you look through my post history you'll see I make plenty of reasonable replies and comments. However, youll also notice I give little time or make little effort in engaging borderline retards like you in debate. When you stop posting the exact same post everytime we don't win, and actually say something of value, I'll respond as such.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:If you look through my post history you'll see I make plenty of reasonable replies and comments. However, youll also notice I give little time or make little effort in engaging borderline retards like you in debate. When you stop posting the exact same post everytime we don't win, and actually say something of value, I'll respond as such.
Still failed to answer my question, I repeat, what is in my original post to get you to make the sarcastic reply that you made, you will not come up with a concrete argument.This "retard" is still waiting, for gods sake son tell me what you disagree with and we can put this to sleep and concentrate on supporting our beloved Darlo to Wembley this season and promotion next.Hurry up this is getting on my nerves.Just remember it is easy to criticise but you must have the tools to back up your argument.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm

I take back the borderline retarded comment - you're a full on idiot.

There is no argument, the fact is that after every negative result you appear with an almost identical 'cooper needs to pick his best team and stick to it' rant, whether it's relevant or not. I've said this to you about three times in this thread alone. When you find something different to say, maybe I'll show you some more respect. Until then, do one.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

"Embarrasing know nowt", "s***","borderline retard","full on idiot", you sound a class act son, but it is obvious deadlock regarding me getting you to post a constructive reply to my post last night or as you put it a "rant"? Just crawl back into the gutter you have come from and if you ever decide to come up to the Arena perhaps we can meet up in the corner bar to pursue our or your disagreements with my posts which are anything but doom and gloom but constructive if you can understand the meaning of the word.
Seriously, let me know when you decide to come up instead of hiding behind a keyboard spouting out insults.Shelf stacking PEA BRAIN.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Well that showed me! :lol:

Cretin.