Verma Extends Loan

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

Verma Extends Loan

Post by uncovered » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:19 am

Aman Verna has extended his loan deal until the end of the season

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=458

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Verma Extends Loan

Post by Big Tim » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 am

:D :D :D :D :D

DarloSwede

Post by DarloSwede » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 am

Now the team has taken shape, what do you think about the team now?
You who see them play often?

Will it be enough to move up a division?
Reply with brain, not with your heart!
/DarloSwede

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 am

Don't know if Campbell is going to be any good, but I think we have a team capable of challenging top 5. Not this season though, as realistically we are too far away.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 am

[quote="DarloSwede"]Now the team has taken shape, what do you think about the team now?
You who see them play often?

Will it be enough to move up a division?
Reply with brain, not with your heart![/quote]

Am afraid thats beyond the ability of many on here :lol:

Clearly Cooper is looking long term and while we will fight to get a play off place, realistically the rest of this season is more about settling in a squad ready to challenge for promotion next season, which is why I think Verma may sign come the end of season
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am

Good news. I think he's a good player.

Cooper is definatly building for next season. We already have a strong core of players, and with a few minor changes in the summer, we should be challenging at the top. This season, we have dropped to many stupid points to feel confident of getting into the playoffs. It's still possible of course, but I'd be happy if we progress in the FA Trophy, and use the rest of the season to really get the system sorted for next seasom, get Campbell bedded in (and hope he works out for us!), and hopefully with a settled squad and manager, we can get some quality players in at the start of pre-season, and have a good go at promotion next season. And hope Crawley and Luton go up (if we don't of course!!)

DarloSwede

Post by DarloSwede » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:16 am

It is good that the build for the future and creating stability in the squad!

Why do you want to Crawley and Luton go up?
/DarloSwede

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 am

DarloSwede wrote:
Why do you want to Crawley and Luton go up?
As if they don't, they will probably spend even more money next year to get promoted! Which would make our job harder. Obviously, if we get into the playoffs this year and play Luton, I'd want Darlo to win!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 am

People thinking Crawley and Luton going up is the answer to our problems next season need to give their head a shake. As soon as Crawley go up, some other fooking plebian tinpot outfit will suddenly find 3 million quid behind the back of the sofa, and replace them. And so, on it goes.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:55 am

It's not the answer, but it'll make it easier. There's spending big money, then there's doing what Crawley have done. Luton are the biggest club in the league. Them going up will make the league a weaker place next season. Maybe not by much, but it will. I'd say Barnet and Stockport are the most likely to come down at the moment-I'd rather have them to compete with than Crawley and Luton. Some other club may find a load of money, but it won't be on Crawley levels. At least I hope not :lol:

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

Glad we've kept Verma as from what I've seen he is a capable enough player. Certainly glad we've extended his loan than the rumours of being ready to go for Micky Cummins again.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Quakerz wrote:People thinking Crawley and Luton going up is the answer to our problems next season need to give their head a shake. As soon as Crawley go up, some other fooking plebian tinpot outfit will suddenly find 3 million quid behind the back of the sofa, and replace them. And so, on it goes.
Fleetwood, I reckon. The decent finish they look likely to get this season will encourage their chairman to splash out big. Braintree also seem to be six points clear at the top of Conference South with four games in hand on their nearest challengers, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's ready cash going around down in white stiletto land.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Yes but what about Amanda Vernal? Please say her loan has been extended too.