Darlo v Kettering Team....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Kettering Team....

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:36 am

mrcoops1984 wrote:What changes would you make for Saturday's team? Baring in mind we
are now without Wright, Modest and Hatch?

I personally would bring Arnison back in for Taylor. Have Smith and MBW upfront. I'd like to see Chris Moore played at the top of the diamond.

If this doesn't work in the first half we could always switch to 4-4-2 in the second half.
Are Hatch and Modest definitely out? Senior might be back for a place on the bench at least.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 am

Paul Arnison back in, I agree that a place has to be found for Chris Moore and hopefully Hatchy will be fit.We must get the 3 points to keep the play offs alive, another draw and its all over.I would like to see Cooper put out the following attacking line up on the basis that our defence plus Chandler will look after themselves.

Russell

Arnison Miller Quinn Brown

Moore Chandler MBW Gray

Hatch Main

If Hatch and Modest don,t make it, it has to be Smith and Main up front.

When he is fit, a Hatch/Senior pairing for me.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Several good performances with the diamond formation and everybody is happy.

One poor one, where the forwards were at fault for being useless, and some people want to change the formation to a 4-4-2?

Unbelievable.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Quakerz wrote:Several good performances with the diamond formation and everybody is happy.

One poor one, where the forwards were at fault for being useless, and some people want to change the formation to a 4-4-2?

Unbelievable.
Personal opinions Quakerz, and it has not been one poor performance using the diamond formation, only 29 goals scored we simply have nothing to lose.At least lets give it a go, we have to go for wins, if it doesn,t work fair enough.

mikey53

Post by mikey53 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 pm

In my opinion the diamond formation does not work all the time, yes it worked while we were playing Bath, Histon and Barrow recently but did not work against Mansfield, Tamworth away and Fleetwood away.
We also had a good run going October / November playing with wingers, that was working ok until Cooper tinkered and introduced the diamond
I don't mind which formation he starts with but he has to be brave enough to change it with plenty of time for the change to have an effect,
Man Utd had problems with their formation against Blackpool but the system was chaanged at half time allowing the game and result to change.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 pm

My team would be... (If Hatch,Senior and Modest are all out)

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

23.Russell.GK.
02.Arnison.RB
06.Miller.CB
28.Quinn.CB.
25.Brown.LB.
04.Chandler.CDM.
20.Smith.CM.
29.Verma.CM.
31.MBW.CAM.
11.Moore.ST.
17.Smith.ST.

Subs: 18.Taylor, 15.Barnes, 14.Gray, 12.Main, 27.Thompson

My reason for choosing M.Smith over Main is because M.Smith will give us height upfront.

Also Moore over Main because what I've heard on this board, Moore looked more likely to create something than Main on Tuesday night.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote: Personal opinions Quakerz, and it has not been one poor performance using the diamond formation, only 29 goals scored we simply have nothing to lose.
Except for our excellent defensive record and unbeaten run?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote: Personal opinions Quakerz, and it has not been one poor performance using the diamond formation, only 29 goals scored we simply have nothing to lose.
Yes but sometimes it's better to attack, and take a risk, rather than boringly defend with 11 men for 90 mins and hope we scrape a 1-0. It is guaranteed I will now get at least one person coming out with the tired cliché "well would you rather win boring or lose excitedly?". Well that argument would be valid if we WERE winning boring (ala Penney). But we're not. So what is the point in being so defensive?

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Extrapolating the points gained over our last 5 league games using the formation would give 83 points, trouble is when we were monkeying around with formations earlier in the season we lost valuable points which means that even decent results like a 1-1 away to tamworth, a 0-0 against a very decent mansfield team and a 0-0 against the team top of the league are not now enough to get us into the play-offs.

Yes we played poorly against Mansfield but we came away with a point which taken into context is a decent point.

This is the non league football, its gonna be ugly at times.

danny_88

Post by danny_88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 pm

The team I would play, if Hatch and Modest are fit would be.

-----------------Russell----------------

Arnison-----Quinn-----Miller------Brown

----------------Chandler---------------

Moore----------------------------Verma

------------------MBW-----------------

-----------Hatch----------Modest-------

I think that would work really well, pace down both sides to get some crosses whiped in.
Then MBW just behind the top two to play them in.
May 7th 2011-Wembley Stadium
Carlsberg FA Trophy Final
Darlington 1-0 Mansfield
CHAMPIONEES CHAMPIONEES OLE OLE OLE

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
Yes but sometimes it's better to attack, and take a risk, rather than boringly defend with 11 men for 90 mins and hope we scrape a 1-0. It is guaranteed I will now get at least one person coming out with the tired cliché "well would you rather win boring or lose excitedly?". Well that argument would be valid if we WERE winning boring (ala Penney). But we're not. So what is the point in being so defensive?
We were too defensive against Mansfield - i think we gave them too much respect, which we shouldnt be doing at home, however i hope Cooper has learnt from that.

Hodgy was always keen on unbeaten runs, but you'd rather win 1 and lose 1 rather than draw 2 in the grand scheme. However at the moment with the upheavel we've had etc it's nice to just build the winning mentality one step at a time - first stop getting beat, which we have and then built on that and turn those draws into wins - which is the next step.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

divas wrote:We were too defensive against Mansfield - i think we gave them too much respect, which we shouldnt be doing at home, however i hope Cooper has learnt from that.

Hodgy was always keen on unbeaten runs, but you'd rather win 1 and lose 1 rather than draw 2 in the grand scheme. However at the moment with the upheavel we've had etc it's nice to just build the winning mentality one step at a time - first stop getting beat, which we have and then built on that and turn those draws into wins - which is the next step.
All fair points, but the comment you made about giving Mansfield too much respect is spot on. We shouldn't be worrying so much about the other team and altering our players/formation/Cooper's underwear with regards to them. Let them worry about us! Especially at home. Cooper seems to have this problem of thinking he's the master tactician, but sometimes you can over think things. Simplicity is best at times, especially at our level.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:
Im not saying we dont need to be more attacking - we do. But this is more due to personnel than the system in my eyes. There was no outlet against Mansfield, and thats why everything was breaking down in the middle.

My retort was more in response to yet another exagerated, simplistic and poorly thought out critique by the know nowt that is Quakerman.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Look Maverick, this is all about PERSONAL opinions, right or wrong, PERSONAL opinions,and why is it every time I come on here I get a sarcastic reply from you.My post, and plenty on here seem to agree,is that we have only scored 29 goals this season and we have absolutely NOTHING to lose to try for a more attacking team/formation.We will not go down, our defence is good enough to look after itself with Chandler just in front, we would not leak goals, and we may just start picking up wins rather than draws.In my opinion, right or wrong, it is worth a go certainly for a couple of games, if not then revert back.Now what is in this post that you think is that stupid.Why not come up with your team.formation and then perhaps we can have some pleasant exchange of views, until then just belt up.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

And I told you, correctly, that we do have something to lose. Dont over simplify things to make your points seem any more valid.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:And I told you, correctly, that we do have something to lose. Dont over simplify things to make your points seem any more valid.
So all you are interested in is "losing our defensive record and unbeaten run", SO BLOODY WHAT for gods sake, what use is that if we are only drawing and not going for the win.You also stated you think our diamond formation is the right one but have not the players to play to that system, WELL CHANGE THE SYSTEM TO SUIT WHO WE HAVE.Jesus!!!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:And I told you, correctly, that we do have something to lose. Dont over simplify things to make your points seem any more valid.
So all you are interested in is "losing our defensive record and unbeaten run", SO BLOODY WHAT for gods sake, what use is that if we are only drawing and not going for the win.You also stated you think our diamond formation is the right one but have not the players to play to that system, WELL CHANGE THE SYSTEM TO SUIT WHO WE HAVE.Jesus!!!!
People were complaining about changing the system every couple of games because of injuries etc, FFS.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
People were complaining about changing the system every couple of games because of injuries etc, FFS.

Then why the fuck did I get a cake?

mikey53

Post by mikey53 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Once you have eaten your cake you no longer have it. you have HAD it and it's Gone
If you have it you can still eat it. but you won't have it afterwards.
so you can't have your cake and eat it, it's one or the other

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Many thanks for your help everybody, I actually thought you really couldn't have a cake and eat it.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Then why the f*** did I get a cake?

I always wondered that.

armstrong501

Post by armstrong501 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 am

Does anybody apart from me think Curtis Main is awful and wouldnt even be on my bench. Some weeks he works hard which is all he has got in him but if he doesnt do that then he is a complete waste of space.

We only have Chris Moore who can run at players and tries to take them on.

My team would be

Russell

Arnison
Miller
Quinn
Brown

Moore
Smith
CHandler
Gray

MBW

Hatch

No place for Verma

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:32 am

I like the idea of MBW up front with Hatchy, interesting team Armstrong, would go with that.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:26 am

Clarke? He's out at Solihull on loan and has been since the start of December
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

anus

Post by anus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:39 am

"
Except for our excellent defensive record and unbeaten run?".......from brains of britain Jazz.

:roll:
Jazz you're not the brightest in the tin are you. People try and have a seasoned debate and all you come out with is that. You sound like a bairn.
Agree with a lot put on this this thread, Cooper has got to stop giving the opposition too much respect and play more attack minded. When you've created nowt for 89 minutes and then bring on an attack minded player (after which we created more in the entire 3 minutes of injury time than we did the rest of the match) then it's clear he's afraid to change things and go for the jugular. Yeah we've scraped some wins and have a good defensive record blah blah but we can't keep relying on our defense to get us points, we need to start doing more at the other end. Some weeks the diamond works, others it doesn't, but Cooper needs to shake his head sometimes and bring on more attacking options.
And thankfully Taylors out Saturday so Arnison can rightly reclaim his starting spot.
The line up MrCoops mentions is the best one on this thread to go out and win the game.
Onwards and upwards.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 am

4-1-2-1-2

Russell
Arno Miller Quinn Brown
Chandler
Moore Verma
MBW
Hatch M.Smith

Subs:
P. Gray, Burn, J.Gray, Main, Senior
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 am

A fitting username there, anus :lol:

Taking a leaf out of the bedale/quakerman book of clueless/thoughtless posting I see! Shape up son.

I'll make it very simple for you - the diamond has worked the best of anything cooper has tried this season. Changing that not only doesn't guarantee any more goals, it would also unsettle and possibly risk the good work that has been done at the back.