Oasis split ?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlotoon
Team Supported: Darlington

Oasis split ?

Post by darlotoon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:17 pm

apparently Noel has walked out on the band , according to the BBC.

TFDM

Re: Oasis split ?

Post by TFDM » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Looks true. Noel has made a statement on their website. Sky are now running with the stories.

Been coming though in the last few weeks. Just surprised they ain't finish the tour first however.

Disappointed. They are the band which got me into music in the first place and as a result I've always had a fondness for their stuff. Really enjoyed their last album as well.

crapname

Post by crapname » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:02 am

Lets concentrate on the real issue here.

How much are the pies at Oasis gigs??

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:53 am

It's about time! They were fast, or given the scale of time 'painstakingly slowly' becoming the next rolling stones. The band that just won't die. Their music has been stale for years producing formulaic crap album after crap album because they know what their Market is, and know what sells to it, and never rock the boat too much to try anything bordering on different.

We might finally get chance now to hear some solo Noel stuff, and see if he will now try something different.

Don't get me wrong, I like oasis in parts, and Noel was an inflence to me learning guitar but their live fast die young attitude hasn't followed suit with the band. They should have ended it when the original members left.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:24 am

It's not all bad news then. :)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:32 am

Totally agree dfc, the first 2 albums are absolute classics, but i can leave the rest...

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 am

Egomaniacs. I dont care what personal issues these lot have, they have pulled out of 2 festival headline slots ON THE DAY in under a week. That is just disgusting given the amount of people that will have been there just to see Oasis, some paying full festival weekend + camping prices to see them, and they cant put their differences asside for a couple of hours, get on stage and do their thing (which by the way from a lot of gigging experience, you dont even have to KNOW the people you play music with, let alone bloody like them) and then have the hissy fits afterwards. If passion for the music and respect for their massive fan base isn't enough, how about the millions of pounds headliners are paid by festivals that no doubt they've s*** out on! Idiots, and I agree, they need to split up.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 am

We all know who'll be responsible for the split and it wont be Noel.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:05 am

If they'd done this 10 years ago they would have gone down as legends. But instead they've hung around making pedestrian beer-boy rock and become a completely irrelevant band.

Noel's a funny guy though, I'd give his new stuff a go.

quaker_olly

Post by quaker_olly » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 am

Never got why people slagged off Oasis musically. There first two albums are untouchable, they captured the mood of the country at the time and give British music what it had been waiting for much like the Stone Roses did. There follow up albums were never gonna repeat that success, the standard was set too high, but as albums go, they s*** on a lot of other bands albums, but because theyre not as good as Defintley Maybe and Whats the Story Morning Glory people label them as past it.

If say Dont Beleive the Truth had just come out as a debut album for a new band, NME would be wetting its knickers and labelling it as one of the best debut albums of the year. Cos Oasis have done better, its slagged off and compared. Every albums got its own identity, you cant compare one to another.

Live Forever x

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:10 pm

who the f :o :silent: k reads NME. oasis had its day but they were still one of the best bands in the world cos alot of bands are now trying to be the next oasis but with out the music skill ! :wave:

quaker_olly

Post by quaker_olly » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Not an NME reader meself like but that was just an example to make me point stick!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Never really got into Oasis - but The Stranglers, they are fantastic!!!!!!!!! Still going strong for over 30 years!
COME ON DARLO!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm

The Stranglers, Peter Sutcliffes favourite band :D

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:46 pm

KCChiefs wrote:Totally agree dfc, the first 2 albums are absolute classics, but i can leave the rest...
I'd stretch to say Be Here Now was good too then probably 1 song off every album since, the rest was pretty average.