Todd's Reaction

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Shieldsy
Team Supported: Darlington

Todd's Reaction

Post by Shieldsy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 am

http://www.darlington-fc.net/todds-reac ... ~1,00.html

Can anyone with Quakers World tell us what he's said please!? :thumbup:

Quakerz

Re: Todd's Reaction

Post by Quakerz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:13 pm

The usual standard management blabbery.

"Couldn't fault them on effort

Didn't produce enough

We'll continue to work on it"

Seemingly in denial that Vale were all over us.

Criticised Porritt.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 pm

'Seemingly in denial that Vale were all over us.'

They weren't!! Who's saying they were, they were very poor

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Are you joining the "in denial" camp too?

Lots of Vale fans think they pummelled us?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 pm

'Seemingly in denial that Vale were all over us.'

They're wrong, Vale were very poor.

I'm not in denial, I knew this is how it would be. It's you (and others) that are in denial.
What on earth did you think was going to happen, words fail me.

We'll be very lucky to stay up and Vale will only just be above us (they were that poor)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:28 pm

We have not got a relegation squad IMO, however we look like one on the pitch.

I blame the manager.

The one that signed Thorpe, James and Gall FFS. The one that dropped Steve Foster! The one that plays central defenders at full back. The evidence of cluelessness mounts.

Lets not paper over the cracks, with "no money, expected a relegation battle", whatever your expectations we are doing worse than we should.

I did not expect to be pushing the play offs this year! Neither did I expect relegation, and if you want to call that denial then that is up to you.

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 pm

I didn't expect to be relegated at the start of the season, but I did epect a long, tough battle to stay in the division.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Quakerz wrote:Are you joining the "in denial" camp too?

Lots of Vale fans think they pummelled us?
They had plenty of counters and would have battered us if their striker (the one who scored the tap in) wasn't completely useless. They didn't play their way through us but every one of our attacks broke down on the edge of the final third and they would just spray it to the wings and look for the counter attack sting. The last 5 minutes we had them under pressure but did fuck all with it and Vale were definately the better side, and yes, Vale were crap, but we were crapper. I'm not gonna say Todd should go or anything, but his starting line up yesterday was very puzzling. I dont know where he thought our goals were coming from.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Is it just me or are his reactions the same every week. It's okay saying we are working on it, but he says that after every game. When is he going to get the best out of our players? We only wake up in the last 10 minutes of matches when we put a bit more pressure on and actually try to score a goal, why don't they play with a bit of momentum from the start? As for set pieces we are bloody awful, everything G.Smith took yesterday went out of play or on Thorpe's head resulting in nothing. There corners were always driven into the box with a bit of power whereas Smith's are just floated in with no conviction and barely got past the first man. Compare how dangerous we were with Franz taking the corners/freekicks to how we looked yesterday. Put someone on them that can cross a ball
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:56 pm

we maybe shite at set plays but the one which actually landed on a darlo head nearly ended up in the net and seemed like they had been working on it in training