The Budget.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DARLO63
Team Supported: Darlington

The Budget.

Post by DARLO63 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 am

There are no surprises when Todd says that the budget is very tight and may leave us exposed.
So as fans of our beloved club why not have a fans player.
Sponsered by the fans involving the trust. As well as the money held by the trust we could organise other events through out the year and at the same time use the clubs facilities, like quiz nights in the bar or darts/pool/dominoes handicaps. Other sponsered events could also be done. A lot of fans all ready showed how determined they can be when raising money so why not continue. It may even start to feel like its the fans club a sense of belonging.
I think you get the just of where I am coming from.
Its just a thought.

divas

Re: The Budget.

Post by divas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 am

decent idea, do we think that as fans we could raise £500 a week? i suppose it only takes 100 people willing to donate a fiver a week, rather than sponsor a player in the usual way, ie shirt sponsorship, this could be possible. the only problem i forsee is that it would be easy for those sponsoring to stop payments and leave the club high and dry. it would probably have to be a co-ordinated in advance to have the money in a pot to give to the club, rather than drip fed.

what did happen to the DRASTIC money btw?

i think Todd was hinting at something like this a few weeks ago when saying the budget was spent and he'd be looking at local clubs doing us a favour and the like.

im also curious as to whether the projected £50k from the leeds game and the potential friendly income have been budgeted for, maybe it hasnt and this is what Todd has alluded to in "having a bit of leeway", i suppose he'll want to keep a few quid in the pot for some emergency loan signings.

the best way people to help would obviously be to go on a saturday and support the club, bigger attendances = bigger budget, but i wont hold my breath.

other than that a cup run would be nice, or maybe with the young lads coming thru, we may unearth a gem that we could sell on.....well its nice to dream.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Apparently the money is ring fenced for the time being, before being put into the new company DFC 2009 Ltd. This will happen on the 23rd when the club comes out of admin
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:10 pm

I believe that money was witheld, and that is the norm until a club exits admin.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:30 pm

I think the DRASTIC money was given to the youth team after the appeal failed to get anywhere near the intended 50k.
Still got my DRASTIC t-shirt in the draw.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

GK1

Post by GK1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:49 pm

last years squad not been payed yet :( :cry:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Don't think they will until the takeover is done and dusted. Shouldn't be long I hope!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Admin gets the money from the friendlies to pay off their debt according to Todd tonight
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker