Mark convery

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

thequakers
Team Supported: Darlington fc

Mark convery

Post by thequakers » Sun May 09, 2010 10:55 am

he can swing in a good ball to the back post.... even my m8 said ( who had never been to a darlo match before) he was impressed by mark... he also said he likes that jordan marshall lad

dfc88
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Mark convery

Post by dfc88 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:02 am

He tries hard but he's too small and has no pace. There must be far better players available within our budget. Get rid.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sun May 09, 2010 11:16 am

I think he should be offered a season'e contract as he would be good cover to have on the bench. However I can't see him starting many matches.
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 09, 2010 11:38 am

Convery was one of our best players yesterday, although I think that says more about the standard of the players fielded.

He can cross a ball very well, but we need more than just that from a midfielder.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DARL
Team Supported: Which one do you think dumbass

Post by DARL » Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 am

Convery was by far our best player yesterday, i know White got MOM but to me Convery was a lot better

Keep him for next year - he has BSP experience and that will be vital

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 09, 2010 11:45 am

Are we wanting to finish 15th are we?

If we are seriously hoping for top 5 then we need better squad players than Convery.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun May 09, 2010 3:05 pm

DARL wrote:Convery was by far our best player yesterday, i know White got MOM but to me Convery was a lot better

Keep him for next year - he has BSP experience and that will be vital
He wasn't good enough for the BSP though, was released by both Cambridge and York. As Quakerz says, he may be fine if you are aiming to finish 15th, but you want to put a team together that is too good for the BSP.

Would Convery honestly get a starting position in any team chasing promotion in the BSP? If we let him go he won't get another BSP club, he isn't good enough in any department. He can't even get a regular place in this team, and this is the worst in our history!

The more I read this board the more amazed I am by the low standards of some Darlo fans. I guess 19 years without promotion is likely to make you easily impressed.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun May 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Seems to be a real marmite player Convery. For every post praising him, theres at least one saying he just isnt good enough.

From my viewings of him, he provides excellent service from wide areas, but doesnt do enough to get into those positions in the first place. I hope Davey can find better.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun May 09, 2010 3:23 pm

I heard a few people yesterday saying Convery's performances have suddenly improved as he realises he needs a contract for next season.....

.....give him a month to month rolling deal then. Problem solved!
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website