Another footballer dies

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Hawkeye
Team Supported: Darlington

Another footballer dies

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Was watching the Valencia-Arsenal game on TV and they had a minute's silence at half time for Espanyol captain Dani Jarque who died of a heart attack in a hotel today, only 26. I imagine this will be pretty massive news where I am.
R.I.P.

real_darlo_85

Re: Another footballer dies

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:35 pm

I hate hearing about this sort of news - R.I.P
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Was watching the Valencia-Arsenal game on TV and they had a minute's silence at half time for Espanyol captain Dani Jarque who died of a heart attack in a hotel today, only 26. I imagine this will be pretty massive news where I am.
R.I.P.
Just goes to show nobody is safe, these incidents seem to be coming quite regular it wasn't all that long ago Antonio Peurta died and Clive Clark collapsed in the dressing room at Leicester.

At least he didn't have to go through the indignity of collapsing on the pitch in front of the TV cameras like Marc Vivien Foe and Miklos Feher etc.

Very sad R.I.P.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm

First one i remember was David Longhurst at York City, i think we were at Walsall that day drawing 2-2, i was totally shocked, you would'nt think it would happen to any sportsman who keeps fit and healthy and relatively young.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 pm

KCChiefs wrote:First one i remember was David Longhurst at York City, i think we were at Walsall that day drawing 2-2, i was totally shocked, you would'nt think it would happen to any sportsman who keeps fit and healthy and relatively young.
Nobody is safe KCCheif!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly