FAO RAJ!!!!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

FAO RAJ!!!!!

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 pm

I think you should look at bradfords season ticket price(£150) and do a similer thing at the arena surely it would be better to have 3000 season ticket holders than havin 1500, think of the pies we would sell merchandise drinks etc add a £1 extra on away fans price at the moment at bradford they charge £20 to get in for away fans. I know its a risk but we need fan in and at that price it would entise people to return.. Just a thought what does everyone think :?:

real_darlo_85

Re: FAO RAJ!!!!!

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:48 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:I think you should look at bradfords season ticket price(£150) and do a similer thing at the arena surely it would be better to have 3000 season ticket holders than havin 1500, think of the pies we would sell merchandise drinks etc add a £1 extra on away fans price at the moment at bradford they charge £20 to get in for away fans. I know its a risk but we need fan in and at that price it would entise people to return.. Just a thought what does everyone think :?:
Yes but will we get 3000 that is the risk! Supporters won't come back straight away but it will be a gradual process, so long as the club looks like its going in the right direction! At the moment however, we should concentrate on ideal deals to keep the 1,500 odd of us going and maybe attract a couple of hundred more.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:50 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:I think you should look at bradfords season ticket price(£150) and do a similer thing at the arena surely it would be better to have 3000 season ticket holders than havin 1500, think of the pies we would sell merchandise drinks etc add a £1 extra on away fans price at the moment at bradford they charge £20 to get in for away fans. I know its a risk but we need fan in and at that price it would entise people to return.. Just a thought what does everyone think :?:
Yes but will we get 3000 that is the risk! Supporters won't come back straight away but it will be a gradual process, so long as the club looks like its going in the right direction! At the moment however, we should concentrate on ideal deals to keep the 1,500 odd of us going and maybe attract a couple of hundred more.
I see ur point i just hate seeing our stadium empty week in week out :crazy:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
I see ur point i just hate seeing our stadium empty week in week out :crazy:
No problem, I can understand your reasoning behind trying to get more people in which is what we all want, but to drop the price maybe too much of a risk at this moment in time. I'm sure Raj and his team will come up with something fair and financially viable. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 pm

It's still empty with 3,000 in it and as for pies don't we subcontract them out now to caterers?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 pm

To state my position as a close to 100% home game attendee over the last 14 years who has not been a season ticket holder since 99/00, I will NOT pay £16 or over per game 22 times next season, I will be unlikely to even pay £12 and go to every home game unless we were dominating the league and playing good football, I would however pay £150 for a season ticket and go to every home game next season regardless of how well we are doing. I've spent a lot of money to watch shite this season, I flat out refuse to do so when I'm not even watching a professional game.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:21 pm

How about running a Price-drop TV style starting at (say) £230 - that is £10.

For every 200 STs above 1200 - the price is reduced - all pay the lowest.

Casual tickets are then fixed at "base price" + £5

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Breedon wrote:To state my position as a close to 100% home game attendee over the last 14 years who has not been a season ticket holder since 99/00, I will NOT pay £16 or over per game 22 times next season, I will be unlikely to even pay £12 and go to every home game unless we were dominating the league and playing good football, I would however pay £150 for a season ticket and go to every home game next season regardless of how well we are doing. I've spent a lot of money to watch sh**e this season, I flat out refuse to do so when I'm not even watching a professional game.
Erm, maybe I'm missing your point here, but if you go to every other game at £15, the club would get more revenue than if you bought a season ticket for £150. A good reason not to flog season tickets at £150 then isn't it?

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 am

wylam_rangers wrote:How about running a Price-drop TV style starting at (say) £230 - that is £10.

For every 200 STs above 1200 - the price is reduced - all pay the lowest.

Casual tickets are then fixed at "base price" + £5
I actually think thats a very good idea !
Think before posting

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 am

i think the pricing next season will be interesting. While our prices have been on a par with other league 2 clubs in recent seasons (and in some cases significantly cheaper), i think the falling matchday attendance suggests that its too high.

Drop down a division, and I think an increase in ticket prices will see more and more turn away from the club. But can we afford to freeze/reduce them? Major dilemma for Mr Singh... rather him than me!

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

crapname

Post by crapname » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:13 am

Quakerz wrote:It's still empty with 3,000 in it and as for pies don't we subcontract them out now to caterers?
Quakerz is spot on with this.
The problem is, as always, the massive stadium.
If we could double the attendence to 3000 we still have 22,000+ empty seats.
The total lack of atmosphere at 90% of games is surely one of the main reasons why people dont go.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 am

crapname wrote:
Quakerz wrote:It's still empty with 3,000 in it and as for pies don't we subcontract them out now to caterers?
Quakerz is spot on with this.
The problem is, as always, the massive stadium.
If we could double the attendence to 3000 we still have 22,000+ empty seats.
The total lack of atmosphere at 90% of games is surely one of the main reasons why people dont go.
I don't think atmosphere has much to do with people staying away , if that's what they crave they should get in the middle of block 17, it's loud in there(admittedly the noise doesn't carry to the other stands well). Those that don't want to sing or chant and are content with tutting and mumbling can carry on sitting in blocks 5 and 6, there are choices.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:32 am

ShrewsX wrote:i think the pricing next season will be interesting. While our prices have been on a par with other league 2 clubs in recent seasons (and in some cases significantly cheaper), i think the falling matchday attendance suggests that its too high.

Drop down a division, and I think an increase in ticket prices will see more and more turn away from the club. But can we afford to freeze/reduce them? Major dilemma for Mr Singh... rather him than me!

Shrews
I am sure Raj has already stated that we will be reducing prices next season and the club are looking to introduce some good offers...maybe wrong, can anyone else remember?

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:41 am

Ultimately, the less we charge, the lower the budget.

I'd love to see prices drop and the crowds pick up, but I know deep down even if it was £1 we'd struggle to get over 5k.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:30 pm

I think raj should get taylors pies back get rid of the caterers get some better people serving and people who ar not to busy talking to there mates rather than serving, sorry this really winds me up. We need a better match day experiance I bet we have lost people because of this, lager out of a plastic bottle and over priced not even a pint for £3.50 ripoff. Sorry for going on :shh:

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 pm

The food and drink on the concourse may be expensive but we make a greater loss by subsidising it than from the lost custom due to higher prices.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 pm

I very much doubt it.

We rent the right to sell pies to the pie sellers for a set cost. The amount of pies sold is irrelevant.

We are therefore making more money now by subcontracting, than when we were selling pies ourselves - at a loss.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:50 pm

m62exile wrote:
Breedon wrote:To state my position as a close to 100% home game attendee over the last 14 years who has not been a season ticket holder since 99/00, I will NOT pay £16 or over per game 22 times next season, I will be unlikely to even pay £12 and go to every home game unless we were dominating the league and playing good football, I would however pay £150 for a season ticket and go to every home game next season regardless of how well we are doing. I've spent a lot of money to watch sh**e this season, I flat out refuse to do so when I'm not even watching a professional game.
Erm, maybe I'm missing your point here, but if you go to every other game at £15, the club would get more revenue than if you bought a season ticket for £150. A good reason not to flog season tickets at £150 then isn't it?
Yes you did miss the point. I consider myself to be a loyal supporter, but I have no interest in parting with a fair chunk of dosh over the course of next season to watch conference football. I think I will be far from the minority, a lot of fans buggered off this season because they didn't want to pay a lot of money to watch shite, so the club needs to give fans such as them, and as of next season myself, a reason to stick around and turn up every week to support the team and the club. A cheap season ticket would do the job as far as I'm concerned, I'd have no problem with a one off payment for £150 which would take care of the biggest chunk of my current matchday outgoings (the ticket). At £250+ or £15+ on a match day, I'll go down the pub with the lads on a Saturday, watch some decent football and catch the Darlo result when I get home, and after a season of dreadful football, I think a fair amount of other people feel the same way or have felt the same way and stopped going already.

We need to offer the fans/town something to get them interested in the club again, and for Christ sake advertise the fact! Walking around the town centre you wouldn't think this town had a football team! There is literally bugger all anywhere!

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 pm

I am just glad I got in early last season and renewed to become a member of the Quaker club, thus gauranteeing my season ticket price for the next two seasons. Ya see I knew what I was doing there!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Breedon wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Yes you did miss the point. I consider myself to be a loyal supporter, but I have no interest in parting with a fair chunk of dosh over the course of next season to watch conference football. I think I will be far from the minority, a lot of fans buggered off this season because they didn't want to pay a lot of money to watch sh**e, so the club needs to give fans such as them, and as of next season myself, a reason to stick around and turn up every week to support the team and the club. A cheap season ticket would do the job as far as I'm concerned, I'd have no problem with a one off payment for £150 which would take care of the biggest chunk of my current matchday outgoings (the ticket). At £250+ or £15+ on a match day, I'll go down the pub with the lads on a Saturday, watch some decent football and catch the Darlo result when I get home, and after a season of dreadful football, I think a fair amount of other people feel the same way or have felt the same way and stopped going already.

We need to offer the fans/town something to get them interested in the club again, and for Christ sake advertise the fact! Walking around the town centre you wouldn't think this town had a football team! There is literally bugger all anywhere!

1. Would a price cut of 33% (£18 to £12) not be reasonable for a division below where we are now?

2. Will the football we see next season be that much different from what we've seen this year? I don't think the gap's very big, if it exists at all.

3. It's easier to offer a season ticket for £150 knowing you'll sell 11,500 of them. Bit different when it's 2000 tops.

4. If you all wear your Darlo shirts on a Saturday afternoon in the Red Lion next season, you can advertise the club and feel better about deserting them.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:25 pm

'1. Would a price cut of 33% (£18 to £12) not be reasonable for a division below where we are now?

2. Will the football we see next season be that much different from what we've seen this year? I don't think the gap's very big, if it exists at all.

3. It's easier to offer a season ticket for £150 knowing you'll sell 11,500 of them. Bit different when it's 2000 tops.

4. If you all wear your Darlo shirts on a Saturday afternoon in the Red Lion next season, you can advertise the club and feel better about deserting them' Quote from HarrysCat

All four spot on points

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Oh shove that idiotic "deserting the club" rubbish up your arse you complete wanker. Why should anyone feel obligated to do something that is a leisure activity when they no longer enjoy it? I've put myself through several seasons of atmosphere free and frankly unpleasant match day experiences now while the price of going to football kept taking the piss more and more and I've found a place where I'll draw the line, and I'm not going to be talked down to by the likes of you about that. The first three points you made were all fair but that snidey little remark on the end is exactly what fucks me off about "football fans".

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:34 pm

With respect, season tickets at £150 would be suicide I'm afraid. Much as I'd love mine to reduce to that level I also don't actually reckon it would make that much difference to the volume shifted. After all, there aren't going to be hardly any "new" season ticket holders next season - we'll be doing well to keep as many of this season's as possible. The price needs to be reduced to a level that will pacify the existing season ticket holders enough to renew. Don't know what that is, maybe £30 or so? Its a gamble anyway.

I would scrap the extra £50 for the Ron Greener though and allow ST holders in for free as a slight inducement.
The other thing I'd get rid of is this ridiculous surcharge for paying on the day - even if it is passed off as a discount for buying early.

If it's more than £150 then we've lost you and maybe some others - I guess we've just got to hope that a strong squad, decent start and a bit of positivity persuades you and others to stump up £15 or whatever more often than not.

I'll be renewing next season, ironically most of the guys I sit with will be too, but we are assuming it will cost less than last season mind.

For the record, I think Raj Singh has been spot on this year with his intent, he just made an error of judgement by hiring Staunton. I trust him to make the right call. I also believe that next season will be the best and most enjoyable since 1991. feel free to dig this post up in six months if we are bottom!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Sorry I upset you so much!

I don't think the club were taking the p*** with their pricing for the last few seasons, despite the quality on show this season. We charge what the vast majority in the division do. How can you expect a new chairman, desperately trying to make us financially sound, yet competitive, to slash prices to a ridiculously low level, to keep a few fans who have decided enoughs enough? If we turn out to be no better next season, why would you enjoy the experience any more, just because it's cost you next to nowt?

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm not sure how much lower prices will draw back the fans who don't attend for whatever reasons.

Even if we charged, say, £12 for an adult on the day ticket and the football on display was crap those fans would think twice about attending again whether they could afford it or not. If I attended something for a quid a fair few times and had a consistently shyte time I probably wouldn't go again, regardless of cost. It's the matchday experience which matters more than the price (for me anyway).

Obviously this doesn't translate fully to football as results can vary massively, but you get the idea.

Anyone have any idea of approximately when next years prices will be announced? Would probably be a good idea for the club to do it sooner rather than later so they can market it effectively.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Breedon wrote:I've put myself through several seasons of atmosphere free and frankly unpleasant match day experiences
Which seasons?

number_one

Post by number_one » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:47 pm

around 2003-2009 for me

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm

at a guess quakerz i reckon he means every game at the new stadium, in every 8th place or below season.
Think before posting

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:54 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Sorry I upset you so much!

I don't think the club were taking the p*** with their pricing for the last few seasons, despite the quality on show this season. We charge what the vast majority in the division do. How can you expect a new chairman, desperately trying to make us financially sound, yet competitive, to slash prices to a ridiculously low level, to keep a few fans who have decided enoughs enough? If we turn out to be no better next season, why would you enjoy the experience any more, just because it's cost you next to nowt?
I still have my ticket from the last match a Feethams £13!!

First season in the Arena we charged £14 and you can still get in today for £16 if you pick up the phone or go to the ground on Friday rather than waiting till Sat.

Anyone who thinks we are overcharging needs to look at what some BSP clubs are charging this season (we are still cheaper than some).

We are back to the old problem that the further down the leagues you go the more you need gate money. (It's £8 at Bradford PA for Northern Premier stuff).

The greedy bastards at the top need their wages capped and more of the Sky TV money passed down.

I've been very critical of Sky in the past but in fairness to them they did give the FA a formula which would have given more money to the lower divisions. Totally ignored by the FA who kept it all for their greedy Premiershite "project". So Sky pop up here and there for the odd Championship/L1/L2 fixture to clear their conscience.

ESPN should have been mandated to take on Setanta's commitment to the BSP and not mess with even more Premiershite. :thumbdown:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Wylam, more money passed down to lower league clubs would mean one thing only, bigger wages for the players.

Clubs would have more to spend and thus offer more to compete to sign the same players. Clubs would still overspend, we'd still pay the same.