All These Sad Posts, Whats Up with you lot?????????/////

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

crusher58
Team Supported: Darlington

All These Sad Posts, Whats Up with you lot?????????/////

Post by crusher58 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 pm

We were down in september never mind now, we drew 1-1 and were the better team only to concede what Darlo are good at, conceding a late late goal by bad goalkeeping, not defendin pure and simple a goalkeeping mistake.
I thought the defense was immense tonite apart from that one mistake which as ive stated was the keeper.
We have had goalkeeping problems all season, and it is still there, the lads will be deflated no doubt about that seconds away from 6 points out of 6 and 2 clean sheets, we would of died for that earlier.
It is 4 points from 6 unbeaten in 2, why not keep it going at morecombe?
Im the one that you lot always say are a moaning c..., yep i probably am, but im feeling a damn sight better after 4 points, we werent expecting to get anything out of Rotherham so I make it a point profit.
Come on lets keep our chins up I never thought I would be saying this but hey THE GREAT ESCAPE IS STILL ON, even if it is just.
COME ON DARLO............................
To Staunton get another decent keeper in quick on loan, ,and who knows.

StevieMardenboro

Re: All These Sad Posts, Whats Up with you lot?????????/////

Post by StevieMardenboro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Fucking hell.

crusher58

Post by crusher58 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm

crikey mr mardenbrough i must be peed up. cant beleive ive done a non negative post. ;)

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Ohh good, here's crusher again. Let's keep the faith like he says. 4 points from 6 is decent.
Last edited by AndyPark on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 pm

crusher58 wrote:crikey mr mardenbrough i must be peed up. cant beleive ive done a non negative post. ;)
Lets hope there is more to be positive about on Saturday!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Get in there Crusher thats what we need at the moment.Yes gutted about 2 points lost but 4 points from 6 is still good and if we get 3 on Saturday, even better.Accept your point about a keeper, but I feel we need a striker as top priority, we could not hold the ball up tonight and hardly had a shot at goal.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 pm

What about getting a winger in and putting Purcell up front?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

crusher58

Post by crusher58 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:40 pm

good point mate, yese didnt hold it up as good as we should of, but we do need a keeper too and a striker so hers hoping.

Stan_Darlo

Post by Stan_Darlo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Diop actually held the ball up very well tonight and i was amazed to see him brought off. Main on the other hand was poor and i honestly dont think he is physicaly ready to start week in week out. Bring a quaility wide player or two in, stick purcell up top and have Main as an impact sub. I wonder what Jamie Devit is doing nowerdays :roll:

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 am

Thought Main was awful last night, save for a couple of good touches here and there. didn't seem interested.

Some good last ditch defending in there but second half we created little, and what we did create we never looked close to finishing it off. Gray hasn't got the confidence or strength yet, but as he matures he could become a good player.

Our keeper played very well I thought, although I've not seen the goal and suspect he was at fault for that.

Overall, I'm not convinced we deserved to win, but our own timewasting cost us in the end. To make it worse I had £20 on Darlo at 7/4. :thumbdown:
Mullet69uk on Twitter

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:55 am

Vital we get a good wide man and a striker to partner Purcell in the middle.Smith,Waite and Dempsey or Gary Smith will do for me in the centre and our defence is looking more solid, but last night we were useless up front from start to finish, totally incapable of holding the ball and taking pressure off the defence which again was excellent last night.If Staunton can somehow bring in say Devitt and a decent striker I still think we have a chance of catching Grimsby and Cheltenham.If not, no chance!!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Vital we get a good wide man and a striker to partner Purcell in the middle.Smith,Waite and Dempsey or Gary Smith will do for me in the centre and our defence is looking more solid, but last night we were useless up front from start to finish, totally incapable of holding the ball and taking pressure off the defence which again was excellent last night.If Staunton can somehow bring in say Devitt and a decent striker I still think we have a chance of catching Grimsby and Cheltenham.If not, no chance!!
Quakerman - The problems of holding up the ball that you discuss in this post didnt appear until Diop was withdrawn, which suggests to me that it was the removal of Diop which made us unable to hold the ball (i think it was a tactical faux pas by SS) - he's not going to score a massive amount and he'll no doubt infuriate fans with his unwillingness to bust a gut over lost causes and to shirk the odd challenge, but you cant say he didnt hold the ball up and bring the midfield into it when he was on the field of play.

He's a frustrating player at times and he does need to work on his body strength as when a defender is close to him he's useless, if he's given half a yard he can be a big asset.

The answer im afraid is knocking goals in up at Saltergate.

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am

I'm naturally gutted at conceding a weak goal 7 minutes into 5 minutes of injury time, but one step at a time, it's my 9th game of the season, and after seeing us score for the first time in my last game (Northampton), I've now seen us get a point! I thought we were poor last night, so a point isn't bad. Still gutted though and don't want to dwell on it.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 am

Divas totally agree that taking off Diop was probably the wrong move, but he has got to offer more than nice little lay offs and one two's etc.I cannot see the guy scoring a goal, Staunton has GOT to bring in another striker to partner Purcell and a winger like Devitt.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Divas totally agree that taking off Diop was probably the wrong move, but he has got to offer more than nice little lay offs and one two's etc.I cannot see the guy scoring a goal, Staunton has GOT to bring in another striker to partner Purcell and a winger like Devitt.
that striker has to be someone that can hold the ball up AND score goals in that case, i agree thats what is needed, but there's not many of them about, especially at this juncture in the season and for little money (conlon was the man but that ship has sailed).

i actually think diop and purcell up front will give us enough goal threat as long as people like white and miller can chip in a couple from set pieces, waite and dempsey can get the odd goal, and a winger brought in on loan who can chip in.

where we went wrong last night was ending up with main & purcell, it should have been deane that came on for diop - i know he's looked like a bit of a headless chicken but at least he stood a chance of winning a few headers and keeping the ball.

speaking of loans, we certainly got the inferior villa lads on loan by the looks of things, chris herd was allover for lincoln last night, a real driving force for a young lad and a thorn in our side all night - cracking tackle by waite on him mind :lol:

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I notice a lack of criticism of the referee. Picky and annoying, but generally pretty fair I thought - 5mins was a true reflection of the injuries and timewasting on our part, plus the extra came from the sub in stoppage time and best part of a minute for Lincoln to launch the ball into our box for the goal. Gutted at the result in the end, but I disagree with SS - didn't think we'd done enough to justify a win, although the performance is light years better than pre-Xmas.

Might be controversial here, but the last few times I've seen Main play, I'm thinking poor man's Kevin Gall. His all round play was very ordinary, rarely looked to lose his man, positional-wise he didn't look like he had the intelligence to dodge his marker, and never really looked like he wanted to bust a gut. Doesn't look anymore like scoring that Gall did either. That said, he is still very very young, but I'd question whether he's better coming off the bench for the last 20mins than playing from the start.

Edit - Just seen the other thread - I didn't think the ref was that bad, think there's a few looking for a scapegoat here. Also there were at least 3 or 4 injuries in the 2nd half to justify the 5mins extra. End of the day, we were masters of our own downfall.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 pm

I think he probably added on some of the extra-time in a punitive way. He was clearly peed off over Redmond taking time with his kicks and 7 minutes is a lot longer than normally applied after a few subs and couple of injuries. I see he's from Sunland... probably wants to ensure that it's a North-east relegation double :D .

Overall tho I think Lincoln deserved their point and they had the best player on the field in Chris Herd, the Aussie on loan from Villa. He was superb... too good for this level.