We're down

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

We're down

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Kunts.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Re: We're down

Post by AndyPark » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

LUCKY BASTARDS.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Fucking gutted.

Not enough winners in the team. We just don't have the guts to hold on to big games like this.

darlojay

Post by darlojay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

bollocks

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

We time wasted our way into a draw. We are not good enough to play those sorts of games.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

What a kick in the balls. A win there would've set us up very nicely to put some pressure on those above us. I'll be amazed if we get anything at Morecambe, and that's followed by a couple of tough home games, and then Bradfud away who are bound to be in the new manager honeymoon period by the time we play them.

s*** s*** s***.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 pm

What a complete gutter. A chance to get a couple of results on the bounce, blown. Fuckety Fuckety Fuck.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 pm

And in the 7th minute of injury time? Bollocks.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Before christmas I'd have probably said 'I'd have taken a point before the game', 'on the right track...' etc. etc. But we're passed that stage now, wins are crucial.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:53 pm

According to the banner at the top we're now into the 21st minute of injury time, so the fat lady hasn't sung just yet...

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:58 pm

The thing that worries me most about this result is that a 2nd win and clean sheet on the bounce would have seen all the players relatively high on confidence going into a toughish run of fixtures. After conceding an injury time equaliser to relegation candidates like Lincoln, I cant help but think their chins will be dragging on the floor again.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm

What do you do though? 5 minutes indicated and 7 minutes later hes giving them a soft free kick which ends up in our fcukin net. Piss poor ref who gave us nowt nearly all game.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm

True, but it is up to Staunton to ask them all if they would have been happy with 4 points in the last two matches, the answer is probably yes. Then he needs to motivate them into making it 7 points from 3 matches, and we have two home games to follow that, albeit very tough ones.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:03 pm

loan_star wrote:What do you do though? 5 minutes indicated and 7 minutes later hes giving them a soft free kick which ends up in our fcukin net. Piss poor ref who gave us nowt nearly all game.
Fair comment but why didn't the defenders simply defend the free kick? We can blame the ref all day can't we? And as you know, at this level, time wasting always ends up backfiring.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:06 pm

It was never a free kick in the first place but they had everyone in the box and the keeper just hoofed it in the mix, anything could have happened and it did. We defended pretty well all night but you can only do so much & if the ref has difficulty keeping time then he shouldnt be in a job. In the added on time there was only 1 sub & the keeper was told to hurry up, that doesnt add nearly 3 minutes to the game!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Hmm they scored about 6 minutes and 5 seconds into injury time, and the whistle went straight after. Wasn't there a substitution and a couple of delays on throw ins/free kicks?

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:12 pm

It was infact 4minutes and 30 seconds into injury. Totally gutted, just when you get a glimmer of hope it gets taken away from us. I thought the keeper was at fault for their goal, coming out his punch was too weak, leaving an open goal for them. But ian miller was immense tonight,

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Well the lad next to me was timing it & had it at 6mins 30 secs!

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:13 pm

They definately scored on 7 minutes as i had my clockwatch going at the start of the added time.
The ref is a complete knob very soft free kick to give away.
Even their goalkeeper congratulated him after the celebrations.
M I C R A 3

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 pm

On the positive
At least we have gained a point on the 3 teams above us

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Our keeper took too long for a couple of goal kicks, I think this is why the ref added on another minute.Josh Gray should have easily scored a few minutes before and he slipped to give them the free kick, all he had to do was keep posession and we would have had the 3 points.We were poor up front throughout the game, Curtis and Josh Gray are not good enough at the moment, Staunton has got to bring in at least 1 forward possibly 2.If not I cannot see where the goals will come from, but if he does then we still have a chance to catch Grimsby and Cheltenham.

joshdarlo

Post by joshdarlo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 pm

What a kick in the knackers... Does anyone know what the 7 mniutes of added time were actually given for, seemed a bit much, oh well, i'm sure we can bounce back "again" just sick of the sight of that gap at the bottom, if we take advantage of the games in hand, we will be putting up a real fight for the rest of the season.

Unlucky lads!!!

jqm18287

Post by jqm18287 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Regardless of how much injury time was or should have been played there was a free kick to defend. The keeper was at fault. He should not have come for that ball.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 pm

4 substitutions at the usual 30 seconds each is 2 minutes, there weren't any goals, we may have time wasted a little but I couldn't possibly make up more than 4 minutes tops - then our substitution adding another 30 seconds to that. Whistle should've gone and game over before they scored, Gray should've scored at the other end, it wasn't a free kick for their goal ANYWAY.......... I could go on. We'll just have to accept that you get days like today, we're still a point closer to unlikely safety, and get ready for Saturday.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Redcar_Quaker

Post by Redcar_Quaker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:06 pm

uncovered wrote:It was infact 4minutes and 30 seconds into injury
Scott, LS is right, it was about 6 minutes 20 seconds into injury time...then again we did spend about 2 minutes time wasting and making a substitution!

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 pm

fair enough, my clock must have been lagging.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 pm

How often do we see teams do that to us, fanny around on every free kick or throw in, subs walk as slow as possible to get off the pitch, yet the ref adds on about 2 mins at the end?? When we do it the ref adds on every possible second then doubles it for good measure. He is just a c***, he gave us very little all game. I almost forgot about the penalty he never gave when Diop was dragged down in the box until I read the Echo match report.

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Did think I spotted Alex Ferguson on the Lincoln bench tapping his watch at the referee, but the ref gave us nothing tonight.

Some of is decisions were just laughable............if they hadn't gone against us. But bringing our "Bambi on ice" off turned the game for me.....after that we hd our backs to the wall as there as no-one up front to hold up the ball.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

DarloBear
Team Supported: Darlington / Rangers

Post by DarloBear » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Lets be honest, that was 1 terrible game of football played out by 2 poor teams. Although the nature of the equalizer is a real sickener, over the 90 (97) minutes a draw was probably a fair result.

For the last 20 minutes it was crying out for us to bring on another centre midfielder such as Gary Smith as we just couldn't hold on to the ball. I was amazed when in injury time Staunton then brings on a centre forward!

I know Main has had a bit of stick on here tonight but I thought he took up some good positions but for some reason Diop would never play the ball through.

The skipper had a great game, clearly man of the match.

Still too many of Staunton's latest signings not performing and the keeper can go back to Forest whenever he likes. A poor ref especially the way he handled the contested drop ball after he blew up so one of their actors could get treatment.

DB

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:34 pm

i thought main was poor to be honest. The decision to take off diop instead on main was the wrong one, unless ofcourse Diop is injured or cannot play the full 90.

As for the keeper, I thought he did well, apart from the poor decision to come out for the free kick. The defence covered that area well all game, from the moment I saw him coming out I knew he was going to struggle to get through the players.