Can't believe it......

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo01
Team Supported: Darlington

Can't believe it......

Post by darlo01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm actually looking forward to tonights match, for the first time for ages. Have got so used to poor quality football and defeats and forgotten what it's like to have some optimism about a match. After Saturday's performance, as much as the result, I actually feel we have a good chance of a win tonight.

The defence is far more solid, White must take credit for much of that in terms of organisation and keeping others on their toes. The midfield looks combative and fit for once, Waite looks a cut above anything we've had in the middle all season. Main & Diop look eager and direct up front. A big well done to Staunton who might be given some credit now that he has assembled his team, he's certainly shed some rubbish so far.

I don't expect we can survive from such a poor first half season, but at least we can begin to look forward again to the odd win, players who are trying and the prospect of some goals.

divas

Re: Can't believe it......

Post by divas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:36 pm

you missed out Tadhg Purcell, without his goal threat we'd still be where we were. His fighting spirit and never say die attitude is obviously rubbing off on others too, the lads really look to have bonded, and fielding a settled XI is obviously doing the team the world of good.

darlo01

Post by darlo01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Fair point indeed. Purcell was excellent and pushed Waite for MOTM. The fact that he can comein fresh and score 3 in 4 matches just highlights how bad some of the deadwood really were, especially the likes of Thorpe, Convery, Thomas etc.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

If we can win tonight ,for the first time in ages we can start thinking in terms of catching Grimsby and then looking to break the 20 point barrier.But we all know this is Darlo, not holding my breath.

darlo01

Post by darlo01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Just driven past the Arena and seen Steve McQueen talking to Donald Pleasance and Gordon Fraser!

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:13 pm

I think the main outcome of a victory tonight would be the teams directly above us shitting themselves about us for the first time this season. This may or may not be warranted, but it will be interesting to see how they react to the pressure.

Re. Grimsby, they haven't won in 19 games are we are still beneath them? How depressing is that?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Well I have to go back out to work in a minute.

This means I cannot attend tonight (as usual), HOWEVER for the first time this season I wish I was there - times they are a changing.

Looking forward to returning for the Chesterfield match.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm

IF we win both of our games in hand over cheltenham that only puts us 6 points behind them. so theres no reason why we cant turn it around tbh.. been looking forward to tonight since saturday night! :D

darlo01

Post by darlo01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Oh the fickle optimism bourne from one victory. Let's hope we're not on here tomorrow all depressed again. Still as a Darlo fan you've got to take it while you can.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Quakerz wrote:Well I have to go back out to work in a minute.

This means I cannot attend tonight (as usual), HOWEVER for the first time this season I wish I was there - times they are a changing.

Looking forward to returning for the Chesterfield match.
I may yet see you again then Quakerz.

I'm up for Chesterfield - we'll have to try to be in the same bar at the same time.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 pm

i too am looking forward to the game, however, i had the same feelin on the way to crewe.