Help For Hero's Charity Match Sunday 9th May Please Read

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

andrewscullion
Team Supported: Darlington

Help For Hero's Charity Match Sunday 9th May Please Read

Post by andrewscullion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Guys, its Andrew Scullion, some of you will know me, just wanted to put out a early notice that myself and Smudger are putting together a charity match on Sunday 9th May at the Arena in aid of Help for Hero’s. My own son is a 2 time vet of Afgan with the Yorkshire Regiment and has been helped by HforH. We are putting together an England 11 v a North East Select 11. With the help of John Beresford Rob Lee and Smudge so far we have Alan Shearer Les Ferdinand Peter Beardsley Chris Waddle and there will be more to add and for the North East team Nail Quinn Colin Cooper Kevin Ball David Speedie and again with others and Ex Quakers to follow.

I am also after some indication of if we put on a night at the club on the Saturday night before the game of something along the lines of a Evening with John Beresford and Smudger with Pie and peas for say £15 a head whether it would be supported, was thinking of a question and answer as the pair have some really funny story’s to tell!!! The time Bez told Keegan to F*%k off and was subbed within 2 mins is so funny!!!

I am also after any advice and ideas of how we can give you the Quakers fans a chance to play in the game, I was thinking of putting up a straight auction on Ebay but that will be unfair as it’s the richest wins! so my thinking was maybe a straight forward raffle, I would set up a paypal account and people can buy a ticket at say £5 with the winner drawn at the evening with if it go’s ahead, am open to any ideas or suggestions so over to you, again all profits from this and the evening with will go to HforH

So am hoping this will catch the imagination and I welcome any ideas

Andrew Scullion

Child_in_Time

Re: Help For Hero's Charity Match Sunday 9th May Please Read

Post by Child_in_Time » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Good idea for the fundraiser, as an ex-squaddie I love the idea and will certainly support it.

Why not have both a raffle and an auction for half the game each? That way those who have money to spare and want to bid to ensure their participation will be able to do so and those who wish to make a small donation and take pot luck can also do so.

Not sure about the Saturday function though. I'm sure you'll find that DFCSC have already been in talks with the club about holding their presentation night after the Dagenham game (and for those wishing to attend it, Raj Singh personally promised the players would be in attendance).

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks for that mate, glad you like the idea of the game and do like your idea of the raffle/auction. With regard to the Saturday night I had a meeting with Raj yesterday and there was nothing in the diary for the Suporters Club? is that going ahead do you know??

Child_in_Time

Post by Child_in_Time » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

andrewscullion wrote:Thanks for that mate, glad you like the idea of the game and do like your idea of the raffle/auction. With regard to the Saturday night I had a meeting with Raj yesterday and there was nothing in the diary for the Suporters Club? is that going ahead do you know??
Not sure for certain but I was with Mary when she spoke to him at the last fans evening. It may be that a date hasn't been mentioned or hasn't been followed up yet.

Is a joint function a possibility? The presentations generally take place early then the players head off to do their own thing. The fundraising part of the evening could take place afterwards. If DFCSC, you, and the club can come to an agreement I would offer to help out where I can.

Perhaps get the players to 'sell' autographs for a donation (of any amount, no matter how small) towards the H4H collection.

You could also sell tickets for the charity game on that night; I've always found it easier to get money from people when they are drunk!

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Will speak to Mary on Saturday, many thanks.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi Andy, Ron here, don't know if you remember me but I will be coming with my lad for both events,didn't know you had a lad in the forces but without doubt a very worthy cause which I will be please to support.

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Ron how you doing, hows things?? yes my son has been in 10 years this year, god I feel old now!!!lol

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:16 pm

andrewscullion wrote:Hi Ron how you doing, hows things?? yes my son has been in 10 years this year, god I feel old now!!!lol
Hi Andy, yes I'm ok, working part time in Durham, having a more relaxing lifestyle now, pity about our season but would love it if we could turn things around particularly for the new owners as they do seem to be running the club well behind the scenes.But like you I will still be there next season if we go down.Will be nice to meet up with you again at these events you are organising, are you still making your fortune with your cleaning business(es) ?

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Lol dont know about making a fortune! but yes still doing it, glad you will suport it, we will have two cracking line ups!!!!

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Peter Reid just agreed to come!!! no monkey jokes please!!!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

This is great news - as a recently retired "fishhead" living amongst "pongos & crabs" and not a "bootie" in sight to lend moral support, please count me in and PM me if you want help with publicity/organisation.

I think if the evening event was merged with the SC player of the year event we could attract a very good following. :thumbup: :clap:

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Hi mate thanks for the reply, please email me on scully62@yahoo.co.uk with your contact details and i'll be in touch

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Count me in, sounds a great idea. Also as already mentioned if you need any help with anything just let me no.

andrewscullion

Post by andrewscullion » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi great please email me with your details so I have them and I will be in touch