George Reynolds

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: George Reynolds

Post by shildonlad » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:37 pm
Amos is, was and always will be a pompous bore, more interested in backslapping his mates than wanting the best for the clubs. It’s no surprise he’s crawling right up Reynolds’ backside.

He’s always had it in for Darlington fans, calling us “paranoid” during our spell in the Northern League. He made it pretty clear he didn’t want us in the division.

All he was ever interested in during his Northern League tenure was turning it into a nice, chummy, back-slapping old boy’s club, where he and a select group of his mates got a grand day out to Wembley each year.

If Tubbs and Edward from the League of Gentlemen were football administrators, they’d be like Mike Amos. Wanting to keep everything “local” and making sure no one ever leaves. Substitute Royston Vasey for the Northern League and you get the picture.

Since Amos toddled off, the Northern League has rejoined the real world with clubs actively wanting to be promoted.
Ha ha sounds about right
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Comfortably_numb
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: George Reynolds

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 am

Geordie Quaker wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:35 pm
What an absolute throbber Amos is. This was already abundantly clear from how he dealt with various issues during our one-year stint in his 'home-for-tea, win-the-vase' memorial pisspot trophy.

I did not know he and GR were chums too. But fair play, through this he has further cemented his place in the Elite Cockwomble tier.
best thing I've read all week - eloquently put :)