GOALKEEPER

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack
Team Supported: Darlington

GOALKEEPER

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 am

Doea anyone actualy know if we are looking at bringing in another keeper or if we are staying with Nick Liversedge? Maybe SS has been making enquiries but has been turned down? There must be an experienced keeper out there who would risk his reputation by playing betwen the sticks for us...musn't there?
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Re: GOALKEEPER

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:39 am

He has been trying but I think he has probably been turned down.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:31 pm

yeah it looks as though his initial target has fallen thru.trouble is there's not many teams with 3 experienced keepers at the club and those with only 2 won't really want to lose one.

it could be that make do with a young keeper until the end of the season.I'm still sure there's some young uns that are better than what we have.

maybe if we can Rput a few wins together we might be able to persuade a prem club to loan us someone

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:58 am

divas wrote:yeah it looks as though his initial target has fallen thru.trouble is there's not many teams with 3 experienced keepers at the club and those with only 2 won't really want to lose one.

it could be that make do with a young keeper until the end of the season.I'm still sure there's some young uns that are better than what we have.

maybe if we can Rput a few wins together we might be able to persuade a prem club to loan us someone
We won't put a few wins together though, until we get another keeper!
COME ON DARLO!

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

Unless we get an able keeper in we're going to be hamstrung in gaining any momentum and I don't just mean in trying to stay up but in preparation for next season whichever that may be.

It's so obvious that Liversedge is completely shot of confidence and in our position now we could might as well use Jones - granted he was poor at Notts Co but then that is the only game he has played and against a promotion chasing side. Might as well as we have nothing to lose now!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:57 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:Unless we get an able keeper in we're going to be hamstrung in gaining any momentum and I don't just mean in trying to stay up but in preparation for next season whichever that may be.

It's so obvious that Liversedge is completely shot of confidence and in our position now we could might as well use Jones - granted he was poor at Notts Co but then that is the only game he has played and against a promotion chasing side. Might as well as we have nothing to lose now!
I would try Jones again, got to be better than Liversedge who is out of his depth.If the lad is a bag of nerves at 21 years of age then that is of no use to the club and has to go.Staunton must bring someone in, but surely Jones has to be given another crack.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Bollocks to giving Jones another go. He dropped just as many balls as NL in his game against Notts County. On top of this, he also managed to jump over a ball he should have smothered for the first goal, was caught completely out of position for the second goal, and got caught undecided half way out his box to get lobbed for the fourth. Add to this his appalling kicking, and youve got a shambles of a keeper, sunday league at best.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:11 pm

nicky weaver still looking for a club, might be worth a try to put himself in't shop window maybe.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm

nicky weaver ffs, id be amazed if we got him, john danby would be a better bet

hartburnquaker

Post by hartburnquaker » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Brad Jones at the Boro? Now 3rd choice.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:10 pm

hartburnquaker wrote:Brad Jones at the Boro? Now 3rd choice.
I suggested BJ a while back but Boro are not best happy with our reaction to Knight and Porritt. Bit of cosying up to Gary Gill needed to repair relationships.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:16 pm

onewayup wrote:nicky weaver still looking for a club, might be worth a try to put himself in't shop window maybe.
He is at Middlesbrough on trial. After leaving a Scottish team a couple of weeks ago.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
I suggested BJ a while back but Boro are not best happy with our reaction to Knight and Porritt. Bit of cosying up to Gary Gill needed to repair relationships.
What has our opinion of Knight got to do with Boro anymore? I could understand Porritt (even though he thought he was above us),but Knight was our player and we could do as we wanted surely?

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 pm

al_quaker wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:
What has our opinion of Knight got to do with Boro anymore? I could understand Porritt (even though he thought he was above us),but Knight was our player and we could do as we wanted surely?
Simply because they are proud of all their youth products.

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Well they shouldn't be with that one, he was shite.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Simply because they are proud of all their youth products.
So us releasing a player for not being good enough is going to harm our relationship with them? If Boro are that sensitive, surely they are "not best happy" with a lot of clubs, as many clubs would have released former Boro youths for not being good enough..

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:45 pm

What a load of old s***. As if boro are going to hold the fact we released an ex youth player of theirs against us. Give me a fucking break.

coles

Post by coles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 am

For me there is a short term solution to our goalkeeping on our books already and that is our goalkeeping coach Jim Provett he has fallen out with Gateshead and so would be available on say loan till the end of the season he could give us a bit more experiance than liversedge and is a capable league 2 keeper indeed he won Poolies player of the year award before Dimi took over at pools surely he is worth putting in the stick rather that a kid who looks like a rabbit in the headlights

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:12 am

wylam_rangers wrote:
Why cosy up and lie to Gary Gill?

Porritt and Knight were sheeite were they not?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:16 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:I suggested BJ a while back but Boro are not best happy with our reaction to Knight and Porritt. Bit of cosying up to Gary Gill needed to repair relationships.
That could get you arrested in a public place. :shock:
al_quaker wrote:What has our opinion of Knight got to do with Boro anymore? I could understand Porritt (even though he thought he was above us),but Knight was our player and we could do as we wanted surely?
You'd be suprised how touchy Boro can be regarding their players. I heard that they complained to the Echo the other week because one of their players was in the "Worst Team of the Week" lineup!!

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Brad Jones wouldn't come here anyway.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm

we'd have more chance of getting brad pitt

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

divas wrote:we'd have more chance of getting brad pitt
He'd be better in goal aswell!

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Brad Jones is has got to be the worst keeper i have ever seen. God knows how he was there number one last season over Turnbull who moved to Chelsea in the end. I said it before but Jason Steele would be an excellant short term loan signing.

I notice Jan Budtz is out of contract could he do the job aswell?
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:52 pm

we had budtz on trial when todd was here.

speaking of ex pools keepers, after all of the jip aaran lee-barret was given im amazed to see him playing in the championship for ipswich!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Any Irish League keepers available, or are they as bad as our two?
COME ON DARLO!

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Is the lad Penney released still looking for a club - ex boro dodgy hair - can't rember name!
Reno Raines

dfc-gilesy

Post by dfc-gilesy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:30 pm

we need a new keeper! liveredge's goalkeepering is a disgrace! its like he doesnt even care about dfc

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm

dfc-gilesy wrote:we need a new keeper! liveredge's goalkeepering is a disgrace! its like he doesnt even care about dfc
What the fuck are you waffling about 'doesn't care about dfc'?! What a moronic post. How the hell does NL mistakes equate with his affection or lack of it for the club?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 pm

dfc-gilesy wrote:liveredge's goalkeepering is a disgrace! its like he doesnt even care about dfc
He is inexperienced you moron. What a idiot you are!!!