Favourite ever Darlo video clip/highlight & why

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Nimrod
Team Supported: Darlington

Favourite ever Darlo video clip/highlight & why

Post by Nimrod » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:14 am

Mine would be a David Geddis 89th minute header in the Welling home match in 1990. Not ‘the’ Welling match obviously but the crowd reaction when he scores is possibly the best Feethams roar ever captured on camera. We’d dominated the game but missed countless chances and I think at the time Barnet were running us very close for the title & it was near the end of the season. The clip was on the old Conference champions VHS that I used to have

Quakerlad

Re: Favourite ever Darlo video clip/highlight & why

Post by Quakerlad » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 am

Best feethams crowd noise for me was about 2 mins from end of Hereford play off 2nd leg when it was obvious we were going to Wembley.
Literally whole crowd started singing the old K cera cera we are going to Wemblee etc.
Seemed to go on for ages.
Incredible.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 am

Nimrod wrote:Mine would be a David Geddis 89th minute header in the Welling home match in 1990. Not ‘the’ Welling match obviously but the crowd reaction when he scores is possibly the best Feethams roar ever captured on camera. We’d dominated the game but missed countless chances and I think at the time Barnet were running us very close for the title & it was near the end of the season. The clip was on the old Conference champions VHS that I used to have
My all time favourite home game, never forget the noise when that went in, particularly as Welling were time wasting all game and Barry Fry rumoured to have been constantly in touch with their dugout.Great moment, never forgotten.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:03 am

At the risk of stating the obvious, the FA Trophy winning goal takes some beating. I still get goosebumps watching it (with or without Ray's commentary). it's also worth watching the fans' eye footage uploaded to YouTube.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:46 am

Lawman3 wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious, the FA Trophy winning goal takes some beating. I still get goosebumps watching it (with or without Ray's commentary). it's also worth watching the fans' eye footage uploaded to YouTube.
Welling best home game, the FA Trophy best "away" game imo, both brilliant moments.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:16 pm

Call me a pedant ("ok, you're a pedant") but with a topic title like that I thought we might actually see some clips. But anyway, mine is easy. Northampton v Darlo at the County Ground on a beautiful spring day in April 1991. Chosen because it's the greatest goal I’ve ever seen Darlo score, and probably the best goal I’ve ever seen ‘live’ (ie at a match I attended). Prud rolls the ball to Toman, he splits two Northampton players with a beautiful curling pass to play in Super Les on Darlo’s right hand side over the half way line, Les crosses first time to the opposite side of the pitch where Mitch Cook leathers it, full on the volley from the corner of the Northampton box. From Prud's hands to the back of the Northampton net in about seven seconds. Incredible.

Pretty ropey quality but here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-7ZAo-TCA.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:36 am

Got to be Robbie Painter's goal at Leeds in front of the packed away end. For Feethams noise, Steve Gaughan scoring the only goal of the game vs Hartlepool in 95/6, remember Radio Cleveland replaying the commentary and the roar actually sounded like a proper football match! And it was scored at the Polam End in front of the hangers. Found it on YouTube yesterday as it happens: https://youtu.be/HEqwR0rvRqg
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:36 am
Got to be Robbie Painter's goal at Leeds in front of the packed away end. For Feethams noise, Steve Gaughan scoring the only goal of the game vs Hartlepool in 95/6, remember Radio Cleveland replaying the commentary and the roar actually sounded like a proper football match! And it was scored at the Polam End in front of the hangers. Found it on YouTube yesterday as it happens: https://youtu.be/HEqwR0rvRqg
Was a great goal by Gaughan - I was sat behind the dug out and Jim Platt (normally pretty reserved) ran on the pitch and punched the air when it went in!