York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:59 pm

Yorkfan wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:45 pm
Hi, York fan here, quite often read your forum as it's a lot better and more balanced than York's so hope people don't mind me posting in this thread. Just wanted to say we aren't all bigoted, self important at York although I appreciate the club and some fans haven't covered themselves in glory recently. I for one think the whole season should be nulled (and not just after last night). The very existence of clubs is in doubt so God knows why clubs including mine want to play on. Just regarding grounds, I'm all for the move to the new stadium but I share concerns raised on here that it's similar geographically to your move which didnt go well. darlo is always my favourite away trip, great pubs and a short taxi ride to Blackwell, hope we can make the trips to see our clubs soon
Thanks Yorkfan. The whole situation is an utter mess and it's giving every club and every fan stress.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:01 pm

H1987 wrote:I’ve always found York fans pleasant, but there’s been some right clowns on the internet over the past few weeks. I don’t know if it’s just a vocal minority, or if the last year just makes people more irritable and opinionated. (The truth might be somewhere in the middle).

It has to be weird opening a new stadium with all of this going on. Brentford did also I think.
Even weirder at Boston. I think I’m right in saying they’re still building part of their ground, even though they moved in a couple of months back.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:35 pm

You're right Gramps. Only 2 sides of their ground complete.
Their chairman has an extreme cheek in lecturing other clubs about integrity when they were so desperate to get promoted to the Football League that they cheated. Now the same appears to be happening again in terms of being desperate for promotion. Their chairman is worshipped by their fans as he has used money from his business to fund the new stadium. However, as we discovered to our cost, what if it's a loan and not bankrolling? None of their fans want to even slightly entertain this possibility, and given their self-righteous attitude this season, if they do eventually go tits up then I won't lose any sleep.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:58 pm

So sad to see York's first ever & much delayed game in their new (leased) LNER community stadium resulted in a 1-3 defeat by Fylde. At least none of their fans were allowed in to partake of the misery.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:35 pm
Their chairman has an extreme cheek in lecturing other clubs about integrity when they were so desperate to get promoted to the Football League that they cheated.
Didn't he only take over in the aftermath of their relegation from EFL? As a result had absolutely nothing to do with the circumstances of their promotion to the EFL under Evans?

Not sure I believe in new administrations being accountable for the actions of their predecessors. Especially when you look at our past owners...

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:23 pm

I never said that he was linked. I said that as a club they are the last to lecture others about morals, and clearly that episode has not given them any humility.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 pm

Well no, imagine it hasn't, he wasn't there.

A club can't really have humility it isn't sentient.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Oh my god. How utterly pointless. You know exactly what I mean. You call Gramps out for arguing then you argue just for the sake of it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:11 am

I just think the attitude it a bit weird. The cheek of the now chairman talking about integrity when a previous administration well over a decade ago were guilty of tax fraud.

It would be like a club administration today making a bold statement about not taking on debt for the sake of one season, when twice in the past 15 years the same club ended up rackng up debts for the sake of trying to get promoted...the cheek of that (happy to do it when it was their chance at promotion).

Challenge the point about what is integrity, dispute that the issue at play isn't integrity it is financial security, but that they can't use the word because of the actions of others many years ago is to me a weird attitude.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:43 am

I didn't say they couldn't use the word 'integrity'. My point still stands. The inanimate object needs to find some humility. And Boston, even though it is a non-sentient entity, should not be so desperate to go for promotion. That's what led the club to do what it did in the not too distant past. The chairman is the last who should be lecturing others about the integrity of the competition, given the recent past. It's very hypocritical. That's what I think. And resorting to mud slinging by calling other's opinions weird shows your level of intellect. You were roasted by Gramps so are having a go at arguing with someone else.