Peter Peter Gibson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Peter Peter Gibson

Post by onewayup » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:18 pm

I had email today saying he is intouch with the club and talking to David Johnston and relevant people about the plight of the season and funding .

MKDarlo

Re: Peter Peter Gibson

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:03 pm

Better late than never I suppose. Guess he must have been busy.

Footifanreturns

Post by Footifanreturns » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:35 pm

You are assuming he had not already been in touch with the club which may not be the case. Peter Gibson has always responded quickly to any emails I have sent. He also responded with phone calls when needed for further feedback.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:27 pm

EDIT...
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:33 pm

As the towns MP we need his support and assurances that he is actively speaking with the relevant ministers on continued financial support, should the season continue.
I recall he took up the cause for NUFC on some issue when 8 constituents e mailed him.

Sadly when i look at his voting record on a wide range of issues he seems not to have his own opinion on anything, simply following party line.
I will not be holding my breath.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:46 pm

tezza wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:33 pm
As the towns MP we need his support and assurances that he is actively speaking with the relevant ministers on continued financial support, should the season continue.
I recall he took up the cause for NUFC on some issue when 8 constituents e mailed him.

Sadly when i look at his voting record on a wide range of issues he seems not to have his own opinion on anything, simply following party line.
I will not be holding my breath.
How the club has voted

Statement by the Darlington FC Board of Directors regarding the National League resolutions.

Darlington FC received correspondence on Monday evening from the National League regarding the resolutions on whether to declare National League North and South, null and void, or for the season to continue.

There are three resolutions that we are able to vote upon, which are special resolution 1, and ordinary resolutions 3 and 4.

In each case, we have voted for the resolution – in summary, we have voted for the league season to be declared null and void. We believe that funding for the rest of the season should be in the form of grants and not loans.

We would like to thank Peter Gibson, the MP for Darlington, for his help in pushing our case at ministerial level at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and in the House of Commons. He has been in regular contact with Darlington FC Chief Executive Officer David Johnston in the last fortnight.

We will keep our supporters updated as to further developments.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Footifanreturns wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:35 pm
You are assuming he had not already been in touch with the club which may not be the case. Peter Gibson has always responded quickly to any emails I have sent. He also responded with phone calls when needed for further feedback.
That is a fair point and i take the telling off in good spirits! I will be honest and say I don't like or trust Tories but I should try not to allow my cynicism get the better of me.

My view was built on the basis I hadn't seen any mention of his support for the club on this issue on his social media while other MP's had been quite vocal and supportive of their local clubs. He has now posted something. It seems he had a chat with the minister yesterday evening.

Hope to see him at a game soon. Perhaps he could get a season ticket.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:06 am

MKDarlo wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:12 pm
Footifanreturns wrote:
I will be honest and say I don't like or trust Tories
Tory MPs and/or Tory voters?

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Henley wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:06 am
MKDarlo wrote:
Footifanreturns wrote:
I try not to criticise people for expressing their democratic right. I might wish they voted another way but such is life.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 pm

MKDarlo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm
Henley wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:06 am
MKDarlo wrote:
Footifanreturns wrote:
I try not to criticise people for expressing their democratic right. I might wish they voted another way but such is life.
Are you a politician yourself, because you’ve managed to respond without answering the question?