Elsewhere in NLN

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Elsewhere in NLN

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Kettering's captain has been sent off tonight for hitting their ref, and has had to be restrained by stewards as he attempted to re-enter the field of play.

https://twitter.com/LeamingtonFC/status ... 94080?s=19

So much for his football career...

Edit: Sounds like Leamington have utterly exaggerated 'hit the referees notebook' out of all proportions...

Old Git

Re: Elsewhere in NLN

Post by Old Git » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Match now halted due to a power failure. Very convenient for Kettering 3 nil down and a man sent off !

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Back on now, still 0-3 after 63 mins. Wonder if Captain Fantastic f*cked the lights as well? :roll:

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:19 pm

Finished 0-3 & Kettering ended up with EIGHT men. :roll:

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm

Presumably all 3 sent off can play on Saturday - assuming there is a game!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 am

Slightly confusing title, actually this was an FA Trophy game.
Leamington through, as are Woking, Torquay, Hereford, Aldershot and Southport.
More games tonight (Christoph permitting!)

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:22 am

Found the below in a local paper for Chester talking about rule changes to how cards apply across different competitions:

'The FA has sent a memo to clubs in step five and below of the system saying that yellow cards will only count towards suspensions in the competition they were issued in, Football in Bracknell has reported .

It means that cautions issued by matchday referees in the likes of the FA Cup and FA Trophy – which the Blues will be competing in this season – will only apply to those competitions and not have an impact on others, such as the league.

The memo said: “For the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase, the accumulation of yellow cards will be competition specific.

“This will operate similar to the Champions League and Europa League, where a player accumulates two yellow cards in the competition will miss the next game in that competition.

“The caution count will only apply up to and including the quarter-finals for each competition.

“Cautions received in these competitions will therefore not count in the caution tally for the 5/10/15 sanction process.

It should be noted this regulation is for cautions only and dismissals remain unaffected.” '

Still not really sure what that means for 2 yellows and a red. Think its saying only straight reds would go across competitions. Unfortunately may all be slightly moot as I think the 7 day rule for suspensions to kick in for red cards at our level would still apply.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:35 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:43 pm
Kettering's captain has been sent off tonight for hitting their ref, and has had to be restrained by stewards as he attempted to re-enter the field of play.

https://twitter.com/LeamingtonFC/status ... 94080?s=19

So much for his football career...

Edit: Sounds like Leamington have utterly exaggerated 'hit the referees notebook' out of all proportions...
The guy sounds like an absolute dick tbh. Seems he has a bit of history as well.

Seems like whoever ran the Leamington Twitter account maybe overdid it with 'hit' but it looks like he either tries to jab the book from his hand, or jabs him in the chest... which you can't do, and I suspect the FA will take a dim view of it.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/01/1 ... e-referee/

I think they'll take an even dimmer view of him reportedly booting the dressing room and then trying to re-enter the pitch, if that part of their account is accurate. Silly boy.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:57 am

I am told (I can't confirm it) - said player has previous...for assaulting a police officer some time ago ( I am told this was when he was at Hereford)

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:42 pm

JE93 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:22 am
Found the below in a local paper for Chester talking about rule changes to how cards apply across different competitions:

'The FA has sent a memo to clubs in step five and below of the system saying that yellow cards will only count towards suspensions in the competition they were issued in, Football in Bracknell has reported .

It means that cautions issued by matchday referees in the likes of the FA Cup and FA Trophy – which the Blues will be competing in this season – will only apply to those competitions and not have an impact on others, such as the league.

The memo said: “For the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase, the accumulation of yellow cards will be competition specific.

“This will operate similar to the Champions League and Europa League, where a player accumulates two yellow cards in the competition will miss the next game in that competition.

“The caution count will only apply up to and including the quarter-finals for each competition.

“Cautions received in these competitions will therefore not count in the caution tally for the 5/10/15 sanction process.

It should be noted this regulation is for cautions only and dismissals remain unaffected.” '

Still not really sure what that means for 2 yellows and a red. Think its saying only straight reds would go across competitions. Unfortunately may all be slightly moot as I think the 7 day rule for suspensions to kick in for red cards at our level would still apply.
When was that article dated? I thought they announced that rule last season and then binned it off? Could be wrong.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm

I've seen a clip of the 'assault'. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was made out, but the player was still out of order. Ref seemed to have his finger pointing in the players chest and the player half punched half pushed the refs hand away.

Still very stupid from the player.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:05 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm
I've seen a clip of the 'assault'. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was made out, but the player was still out of order. Ref seemed to have his finger pointing in the players chest and the player half punched half pushed the refs hand away.

Yeh agree. Tbh I said the referee was asking for it he had his hand in his chest if you touch a player you lose credibility of you take action if they touch you.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:39 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:05 pm
D_F_C wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Yeh agree. Tbh I said the referee was asking for it he had his hand in his chest if you touch a player you lose credibility of you take action if they touch you.
Interesting interpretation - I thought the referee was telling the player to keep back and when the player continued to come closer the referee put his arm out to keep player back.

The social distancing rules etc were my interpretation of this