Spennymoor away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Re: Spennymoor away

Post by polarbear » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:22 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:13 pm
It's all pointing to Pride before a fall :D
harrogate
york
all off for similar reasons. your all a lot of cocksure people

real_darlo_85
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:37 pm

polarbear wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:22 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
harrogate
york
It's all pointing to piss poor preparation....we could be bothered to get a game on a couple of years ago with much more of a covering, of which we managed to clear and earn't us a tidy sum from a goal celebration plus a bonus legends game in the process.

For you tinpot springs to mind matey! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm

With your expertise in Arctic conditions I'm surprised they didn't ask you to prepare for the game appropriately. I suppose when you boast about a European quality pitch (new), very expensive frost and snow resistant covers, highly trained snow removal personnel and a fantastic support I'd expect a little more. If you weren't so boastful and always bigging yourself up we'd be a little less "cocksure". Pride comes before a fall. By the way it's you're not your.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:53 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:40 am

PRIDE OF YOUR OWN BACK YARD
:lol: :lol: :lol:

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 pm

polarbear wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:43 am
loan_star wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:40 am
polarbear wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:37 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:52 am
It's Foggitt every time! But don't worry as it's a Football League standard pitch with the best covers money can buy and postponements are a thing of the past.
Premier league standard without under soil heating, problem with covers, a lot of snow will make it hard removing, the pitch is one of best in europe, but snow and frost are a problem without the under soil heating.
PRIDE OF COUNTY DURHAM
But you only have 200 fans less than Darlo according to you! Why aren't your hoards out there clearing the pitch like we do?

PRIDE OF YOUR OWN BACK YARD
Pitch was cleared yesterday by fully trained pitch snow removers
Went to the trouble of clearing the snow but didn't think to then put the covers on?! Not the brightest lot are they?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Inbreads, can't expect perfection from them even with quality covers unused last night, after clearing the pitch the day previous, I would sack the moron who made the decision not to cover an already clear pitch ,,absolutely ridiculous planning. The didn't do the basics right to get the game on.
Should be questioned by league management. Something not right there,

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:39 pm

Onewayup...they should have used their loaves.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:44 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:39 pm
Well, Brad has plenty of bread. :D :D

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:48 pm

polarbear wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:22 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
harrogate
york
York and Harrogate supporters did not come onto this thread bragging about their world class facilities.

Spratts corner

Post by Spratts corner » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 pm

All part of a cunning plan me thinks.Do absolutely nothing to get the game on with the hope of when it's rearranged we bring our usual large away following,then they can boast that they have a bigger average home attendance than us...simples

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:19 pm

Spratts corner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 pm
All part of a cunning plan me thinks.Do absolutely nothing to get the game on with the hope of when it's rearranged we bring our usual large away following,then they can boast that they have a bigger average home attendance than us...simples

there wont be any crowds in this league this season so that wont work at all

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:41 pm

My opinion wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:44 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:39 pm
Well, Brad has plenty of bread. :D :D
But certain of their supporters (we all know who) are a sandwich short of a picnic.

Darlopj

Post by Darlopj » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:28 pm

I'm intrigued by the trained pitch snow removers thing. Is there a qualification you can get? NVQ maybe? Should we as a club look to invest in employing some? Perhaps an apprentice scheme starting with sweeping slush off paths before being given a small snow shovel to clear the stuff that's strayed into the Tin Shed. You know what I mean, bring our own talent on. Possibly a big club that's north of us might come in with a big money bid too good to turn down for our best newly qualified pitch snow remover. There's a kid out there somewhere who's dreams could come true. He's got a bit of an issue for about 9 or 10 months of the year I'll grant you but let him make hay while the sun shines. Unless a certain club have become the Man City of up and coming pitch snow removers.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:45 am

The reason York and Harrogate fans didn't post is surely because they have their own forums (or fora) to post on? Mind you, if you can't clear snow to get a match on you won't find time to develop your own forum.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:03 am
LoidLucan wrote:It's Foggitt every time! But don't worry as it's a Football League standard pitch with the best covers money can buy and postponements are a thing of the past.
One of the best pitches “in Europe” according to polar bear earlier on in this thread.Jesus, they really do your head in.
#POCDnotthebrightest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe he meant one of the bet pitches in Europe for Polar Bears. :roll:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 am

I must be an experienced snow shiffter then the times i have help clear snow from feethams the arena and blackwell meadows., I would be seriously pissed off having cleared the pitch for it not be covered then the game getting called off because of unexpected snow fall .the mind boggles.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:41 am

Can’t help thinking that if you could put the best of Spennymoor and the best of Darlington together you would have a really strong club that could be going places.
Basically the best of Spennymoor is Uncle Brad and his cash and ambition. The best of Darlington is the passion and commitment of the fans. Together that would be a potent force.
Spennymoor without the fans is a dud project doomed to fail in the long run. Darlington without a substantial financial backer likewise.
Having said that would much rather be a Darlo fan any day of the week.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:21 am

Old Git wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:41 am
Can’t help thinking that if you could put the best of Spennymoor and the best of Darlington together you would have a really strong club that could be going places.
Basically the best of Spennymoor is Uncle Brad and his cash and ambition. The best of Darlington is the passion and commitment of the fans. Together that would be a potent force.
Spennymoor without the fans is a dud project doomed to fail in the long run. Darlington without a substantial financial backer likewise.
And Spennymoor without Uncle Brad would be Evenwood.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 am

onewayup wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 am
I must be an experienced snow shiffter then the times i have help clear snow from feethams the arena and blackwell meadows., I would be seriously pissed off having cleared the pitch for it not be covered then the game getting called off because of unexpected snow fall .the mind boggles.
You may be experienced but you obviously haven't taken the exam/assesssment to become 'qualified'.

Perhaps the educational organisations Darlo are linked with could establish a suitable course.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm

Spenny already have their training facility set up:

Spennymoor High Institute for Training & Education

bga

Post by bga » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:56 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm
Spenny already have their training facility set up:

Spennymoor High Institute for Training & Education
Very goog Joe!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Old Git wrote:
Did you write that in a hurry Old Git?

We are not a "Dud Project" far from it - and the trouble with backers is that they have names like Reynolds/Singh/Houghton.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm

polarbear wrote:

This is genius! What a clown! Fully trained pitch snow removers! :clap: :clap: :clap: Can you get a certificate for that? Does it take long to achieve the required accreditation? How often do you have to refresh your qualification?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:40 pm

Ah, they must have passed some tough GCSE'S,
General Clearing of Snow Examinations

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:16 pm

MKDarlo wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm
polarbear wrote:

This is genius! What a clown! Fully trained pitch snow removers! :clap: :clap: :clap: Can you get a certificate for that? Does it take long to achieve the required accreditation? How often do you have to refresh your qualification?
Maybe they used this guy

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:09 pm

According to the Spennymoor FC website "A new date has been agreed between Spennymoor Town and Darlington to play their 2020/21 Vanarama National League North fixture.

The match will take place at The Brewery Field on Tuesday 23rd February, kicking off at 19:45."

Unsurprisingly today's game Spennymoor v Leamington is OFF (in case you were wondering)

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Surprising their game is off again given the state of the art covers and the well trained staff at their disposal. 😁

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:34 pm

Old Git wrote:
Not a bad idea we've more in common than some might accept and it would stop the sad squabbling - but what would such a club be called? I say Northern Power.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:37 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Not a bad idea we've more in common than some might accept and it would stop the sad squabbling - but what would such a club be called? I say Northern Power.
I say Darlington 😀

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:40 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Alcohol is a terrible thing.