Tonight's results

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
Mister e
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Tonight's results

Post by Mister e » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Blyth spartans 0 Boston United 1 Brackley town 1 Spennymoor town 0 Chester 5 Hereford 3 Chorley 1 Guiseley 0 York city 2 Kettering town 0 - We are outside the relegation places on goal difference but are going to have a rake of games in hand on the teams above us when we get going again eventually.

Mister e
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by Mister e » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 pm

....... Also interesting to see Hartlepool won 2 0 against Kings Lynn with two goals from Alun Armstrong's son Luke who is on loan from Salford.

JE93
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by JE93 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:11 am

League is still pretty jumbled up based on the number of games played between different teams.

Looks like another tough year for Blyth, was always going to be difficult for Michael Nelson looks like not getting the same financial support that had previously been in place. Not sure if it was a cruelty of a kindness them being reprieved last year, if they'd have dropped a league they might have had a bit of a better chance to regroup squad'wise and put out a team that was more competitive for the league they were in, but on the other hand that would have excluded them from the financial support they have got from being considered elite, so it goes both ways. Curzon, Alfreton and Guiseley the other sides to be currently winning less than a point per game so imagine when the fixtures start to level up Curzon and Alfreton especially will slide further down.

At the other end of the league, I think York are top if you looked at things on a PPG basis to try to even out the different numbers of games played, Fylde would be second, so you could say its as you would expect with the two best funded FT sides at the top. Gloucester having a mini wobble but will be interesting to see how they react to losing their manager and Asante. Kidderminster well up there on merit. Expect Telford and Farsley to slide out of top 7/8 as Spenny and Boston catch up on games.

For us think we're currently around 13th on a PPG basis, hopefully we can get back from our break with some energy and get some good results over Christmas and new year. Can't help but think it would be pretty useful to be knocked straight out of the FA Trophy on the 15th and be able to rearrange a game to play someone from our league on the 19th and potentially again on the 22nd.

eddie-rowles
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:12 am

JE93 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:11 am
League is still pretty jumbled up based on the number of games played between different teams.

Looks like another tough year for Blyth, was always going to be difficult for Michael Nelson looks like not getting the same financial support that had previously been in place. Not sure if it was a cruelty of a kindness them being reprieved last year, if they'd have dropped a league they might have had a bit of a better chance to regroup squad'wise and put out a team that was more competitive for the league they were in, but on the other hand that would have excluded them from the financial support they have got from being considered elite, so it goes both ways. Curzon, Alfreton and Guiseley the other sides to be currently winning less than a point per game so imagine when the fixtures start to level up Curzon and Alfreton especially will slide further down.

At the other end of the league, I think York are top if you looked at things on a PPG basis to try to even out the different numbers of games played, Fylde would be second, so you could say its as you would expect with the two best funded FT sides at the top. Gloucester having a mini wobble but will be interesting to see how they react to losing their manager and Asante. Kidderminster well up there on merit. Expect Telford and Farsley to slide out of top 7/8 as Spenny and Boston catch up on games.

For us think we're currently around 13th on a PPG basis, hopefully we can get back from our break with some energy and get some good results over Christmas and new year. Can't help but think it would be pretty useful to be knocked straight out of the FA Trophy on the 15th and be able to rearrange a game to play someone from our league on the 19th and potentially again on the 22nd.
Disagree win every game you can even though only played 8 league games , fa trophy final one of our greatest days would love more of that

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13204
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:59 pm

If we won our games in hand on the leaders Gloucester, we'd be joint top, there's no need to panic.

joejaques
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Tonight's results

Post by joejaques » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:59 pm
If we won our games in hand on the leaders Gloucester, we'd be joint top, there's no need to panic.
After today's games, we are second bottom, and the above is still true. :roll:
Image

LoidLucan
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm

We'd avoid the drop on points per game as it stands :)

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4885
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:51 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm
We'd avoid the drop on points per game as it stands :)
Are you counting the Boston game?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

LoidLucan
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonight's results

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Yep even if we are robbed of the points from that game where we were about to launch the mother of all comebacks :D

Post Reply