Erico Sousa

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Erico Sousa

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:27 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 am
We had a player by the name of Ricardo Costa for a while too, scored at the tin shed end one game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_C ... born_1973)
5-1 v Mansfield. I was at that game. Weren't they winning and then Iysenden Christie decided to lamp our keeper and get sent off and it changed the game?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 am

Armstrong confirmed post-match that Sousa will be signing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:41 am

That's great news welcome to the club Erico, I wonder where he lives?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:05 am

Leeds based, I think.

He can play either side of the wing, so gives us options to change around the side dependent on injuries etc. Seemed to impress both against us and on trial, and we know Alun & Darren have a good eye from a player, so I do think he will improve us.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 am

Lawman3 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 am
I assume he is contracted to Tadcaster. If we offered him a contract would a fee be payable? It's probably not wise in the current climate to be buying players.
Not contracted so no fee, just 7-days notice. :thumbup:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 am

Really pleased if true, he was unplayable at times against us and seems a perfect fit. Would imagine one or two will be released though as midfield seems a bit overloaded .AA was not happy with our second half performance and will need to be better against league opposition and have to agree with this.Once Maguire is available and Will is back, we do appear to have a very good squad with players who can adapt to different formations but wouldn’t say no to reverting back to a midfield of Wheatley, Hatfield and Holness.So many options with this squad and tbh not sure of our best starting eleven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:21 am

I reckon Sousa will 'March' straight into the team. (Quite a subtle one there but Monty Python aficionados should get it).

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am

Very good Vic!

bga

Post by bga » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:58 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 am
Did Armstrong do 2 post match interviews because the only one I've seen he doesn't seem to mention the player? Unless I missed something!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:18 pm

You need to add this website to your linked bookmarks https://www.nesportnews.co.uk/

And if you have Twitter follow on there at @nesportnews

Enough Darlo info on there for the avid Darlo fans.

Darlogramps

Erico Sousa

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:31 pm

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Did Armstrong do 2 post match interviews because the only one I've seen he doesn't seem to mention the player? Unless I missed something!
Yes, he did. Check out North East Sports News (which seems to be the new site Craig Stoddart is involved in).
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga

Post by bga » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:31 pm
bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Yes, he did. Check out North East Sports News (which seems to be the new site Craig Stoddart is involved in).
Thanks......So we heard it first not on the official Club website! Good spot.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:47 pm

Thought I saw him on quaker tv in his track suit on the pitch reacting with the players as they came on the pitch so assume he has signed? Then again my eyesight not brilliant so could be wrong:😁

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:12 pm

50 years wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:47 pm
Thought I saw him on quaker tv in his track suit on the pitch reacting with the players as they came on the pitch so assume he has signed? Then again my eyesight not brilliant so could be wrong:😁
North East sports website has pre-match pictures of him training with the squad.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:13 pm

Hopefully the paperwork comes through on Wednesday. A tricky pacy player. We have some great options in this team. A bit of competition and an extra option to rivers.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:26 am

I've taken a look at the couple of YouTube videos of him and, although the main footage is when he was playing in Slovenia and some trialist matches, you can see why he has had potential to do well. I'm guessing he has just not been at clubs able to harness and get the best out of him or maybe a lack of consistency.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Should slot in nicely to Donawa's spot. Great bit of business by AA (yet again!). Glad to have Sousa in our squad & hope he can make the most of this opportunity.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Signing has now been announced.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Excellent straight into action on Saturday 👍

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Expect him to be on the bench on Saturday. Pity he will be cup tied for the Swindon game.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:05 am

Had a good debut, almost scored a really good early goal and gave an interesting and confident post match interview definitely hoping he can improve and supply the goals for Charman and Campbell.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:47 pm

I think erico was a really good signing from alun ,he saw what the lad can do and I expect alun and daz to get him even better than he is ,I also see him moving on if he continues to be the player we have seen, he's definitely got potential to move further up the leagues, I would love it to be with Darlington FC, however agents are already looking ,so who knows what the future holds.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:30 pm

Erico nearly scored within 2 minutes, then continued to be a threat for the rest of the game with skills that enabled him to ride tackles, create space and generate chances. Given this was his first competitive game for DFC and he was only just building relationships with the rest of the team, this was a very promising start. Welcome Erico!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm

onewayup wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:47 pm
I think erico was a really good signing from alun ,he saw what the lad can do and I expect alun and daz to get him even better than he is ,I also see him moving on if he continues to be the player we have seen, he's definitely got potential to move further up the leagues, I would love it to be with Darlington FC, however agents are already looking ,so who knows what the future holds.
However, history has shown that he has moved around a lot and failed to establish himself in league football. No one can doubt his ability, but can he do it consistently - that's the thing that he needs to prove with us. I always remember Reece Styche saying, you find your self playing at this level for a reason.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:35 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm
onewayup wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:47 pm
However, history has shown that he has moved around a lot and failed to establish himself in league football. No one can doubt his ability, but can he do it consistently - that's the thing that he needs to prove with us. I always remember Reece Styche saying, you find your self playing at this level for a reason.
Agree with this. And Styche should know a thing or two about moving around a lot! Was his record 3 Clubs in one season or have I got that wrong?