Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Tadcaster Albion FA Cup

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:42 pm

Jersequaker wrote:For the time he was on the pitch I thought Hudson looked quite useful in the centre of the park rather than on the wing.
Has a great left foot and you can see he has something, would certainly like to see more of him.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Jersequaker wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:30 pm
For the time he was on the pitch I thought Hudson looked quite useful in the centre of the park rather than on the wing.
Yes, me as well. I thought he provided the energy and abilities missing in the absence of Hatfield

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:49 pm

biccynana wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 pm
jjljks wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:12 pm

On the plus side, saw Bury Town won again :clap:
You've lost me, jjljks. Why is that good?
Must be because Bury St. Edmunds (home of Bury Town FC) is such a nice part of the world. ;)

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm

Good performance tonight. Not too dissimilar to the Prescott game but in this one we took the lion share of our chances when they came. Still bits and bobs to improve, we did surrender a few too many chances but barring a 5-10 minute spell in the first half most were given up from long range and when we were 5 goals to the good.

Thought Rivers and Donawa were excellent all night gave their full backs a tough game with their movement. Charman deserved a goal for his work tonight, looking a very tidy player. Reid had a very good game popping up inbetween the lines all night, put the 3rd on a plate for Rivers with a lovely touch. And liddle and McMahon were excellent at fullback, gave us options with two full backs willing to put the yards in and who are both comfortable on the ball. Solid performances from the rest of those involved. Keeping everything crossed Wheatley came off as a precaution more than anything else.

£6k ish in the bank for the win and into the hat on Thursday. Take the lowest ranked team at home again hopefully, give us a good chance of making the first round and getting a chance at the more lucrative TV games.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 pm

Should also be said that one side from the Northern Section of the draw will get a bye into round one, following Macclesfield Town’s demise.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:06 am

Altrincham must also be a doubt as they seem to be backdating their isolation to the 7th and isolating for 10 days. Looks to me as though they may be interpreting rules to allow them to take part in FA cup. We need to cross our fingers very hard that we don't have to withdraw.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 am

Darlogramps wrote:Should also be said that one side from the Northern Section of the draw will get a bye into round one, following Macclesfield Town’s demise.
The graphic I saw showed the north and midlands section has 25 clubs with Macclesfield not being allocated a number so 12 ties and 1 bye to first round proper. For once the north south divide works in our favour as only 9 of the 23 step 1 clubs are in our section.

Fingers crossed for a home tie v a NPL side or lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 am

Very much improved performance last night, took our chances well, tadcaster never stopped working, Sousa took the eye cleverly skipped passed 3 darlington players with quick feet shifting the ball well, looked a better player than where he's playing but can't really judge on one game, all in all done the job ,into next round. Well done lads, com,on Darlo. :thumbup:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:21 am

Must mention Quaker TV was exceptional again last night, quality from all angles. Well done lads. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:30 am

onewayup wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 am
Very much improved performance last night, took our chances well, tadcaster never stopped working, Sousa took the eye cleverly skipped passed 3 darlington players with quick feet shifting the ball well, looked a better player than where he's playing but can't really judge on one game, all in all done the job ,into next round. Well done lads, com,on Darlo. :thumbup:
Sousa certainly looked a class above his teammates but a check on his career shows he has been around at a number of clubs without making a lasting impact anywhere. Would certainly be worth keeping an eye on but could be one of those players who can look good but is not consistent.

Jersequaker

Post by Jersequaker » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:37 am

Midfield options barring injuries, ballwinner Wheatley, energy Hatfield, playmaker Hudson, replacements, ballwinner Hedley, playmaker Reid.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:42 am

Much improved performance last night, well done all.
Had to laugh at the Microphone been left on by mistake at halftime and one guy effing and blinding in the background, oops 😬

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am

Apologies if I missed an announcement at the start of this years' FA Cup, but quite a few of the midlands teams who were in the northern half of the draw last year seem to now be in the southern half. Have the geographical boundaries been redrawn for 1 year to restrict travelling due to COVID?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am
Apologies if I missed an announcement at the start of this years' FA Cup, but quite a few of the midlands teams who were in the northern half of the draw last year seem to now be in the southern half. Have the geographical boundaries been redrawn for 1 year to restrict travelling due to COVID?
Can you list who’s in which north/south groups for the draw please, much appreciated 👍

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:23 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Can you list who’s in which north/south groups for the draw please, much appreciated 👍
I noticed this a few weeks ago. Hereford played Gosport Borough in the previous round, so I would assume so. Found this out as I still follow Gosport's results from when I use to live down there.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Apologies if I missed an announcement at the start of this years' FA Cup, but quite a few of the midlands teams who were in the northern half of the draw last year seem to now be in the southern half. Have the geographical boundaries been redrawn for 1 year to restrict travelling due to COVID?
As far as I can see, this is the case.

As 3QR was in a midweek, they changed it to limit the level of travelling.

It’s never a perfect solution but generally speaking it works better than having Hereford draw Blyth in a midweek, for example.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm

The question now is whether they revert back to original boundaries in the 4th QR as the matches are taking place on a weekend. I never twigged that it would be due to a round being played midweek, but this makes perfect sense as an explanation. Am going to Google to see if the numbers have been allocated yet for tomorrow.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:

https://twitter.com/TrevorOakley1/statu ... 34/photo/1

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Ilkeston or Stafford Rangers at home would do be a decent draw for us.

Out of pure selfishness wouldn't mind Bishop Stortford beating Royston and getting them away, might just about manage to get a ticket with an East Herts postcode.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm

JE93 wrote:Ilkeston or Stafford Rangers at home would do be a decent draw for us.

Out of pure selfishness wouldn't mind Bishop Stortford beating Royston and getting them away, might just about manage to get a ticket with an East Herts postcode.
Marine at home

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:45 pm

biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:

Sorry, my mistaken assumption it was the new phoenix Bury AFC club as they had already played 2 rounds. Still, not a bad run for a little club. Even for Tadcaster, this was the first time they got this far.

Another thing someone might know, what happens if we draw one of the "non-elite" teams away? Would there be a game in front of a real crowd?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:

https://twitter.com/TrevorOakley1/statu ... 34/photo/1
👍👍

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Bury Town is Bury St Edmunds. Under normal circumstances would be a good away draw if you couple it with a visit to the Greene King brewery.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm
Bury Town is Bury St Edmunds. Under normal circumstances would be a good away draw if you couple it with a visit to the Greene King brewery.
Mmmm, Abbot Ale & Old Speckled Hen👌

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:46 pm

jjljks wrote:
biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:

Sorry, my mistaken assumption it was the new phoenix Bury AFC club as they had already played 2 rounds. Still, not a bad run for a little club. Even for Tadcaster, this was the first time they got this far.

Another thing someone might know, what happens if we draw one of the "non-elite" teams away? Would there be a game in front of a real crowd?
Yes, but only fans of the home, non-elite club could attend. No away, elite club fans.

At least that has been the situation. It could change depending on what local authorities/Governments decide.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:00 pm

jjljks wrote:
biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:

The new Bury Phoenix club were not eligible to play in the FA Cup this season. Tadcaster have reached Q3 round before.

Last edited by Quaker85 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Markse Utd beat Blyth. Them at home would be nice.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Markse Utd beat Blyth. Them at home would be nice.
No surprise there!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:46 pm
jjljks wrote:
biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:

Yes, but only fans of the home, non-elite club could attend. No away, elite club fans.

At least that has been the situation. It could change depending on what local authorities/Governments decide.
Neutral fans can also attend also I am not sure being a fan of one club or another is something which can be evidenced...

Also if we got Skelmersdale away they are current behind closed doors and also don't have changing rooms (Bootle got changed in the back of a van, and Lancaster under a gazebo in earlier rounds)

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:04 am

We've had our luck in the draw so far, the pessimist I am thinks this is where we get drawn away to a dud like Chorley, Chester etc :shifty: Here's hoping we don't though! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"